Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/23 3:30PM ET (13) Michigan at Indiana ESPN

We're getting smoked. There's just a couple minutes left. We have our freshman backup QB in. And we're running every play. Let him chuck it down field a time or two -- just to see what he can do. 
No kidding I thought Tuttle had a big arm

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, maharkn said:

No kidding I thought Tuttle had a big arm

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the staff not getting Tuttle some throws there. Wasted opportunity. It would have also been good for the psyche of the offense to get some points at the end of the game. We could use a sliver of confidence going into next week. That said, I’ve given up on our staff making smart decisions. They have always and continue to be in over there heads. Gotta hope they learn from this and continue to get better along with the players

Maybe I was expecting to much. After all, UM is a ranked program. We’re improving but damn, get a defense! It’s been so bad for so many years. We’ve had kick a$$ offense but truly Iniana has no D.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Old Friend said:

As long as Indiana is in the Big Ten East, there is a hard ceiling.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

As long as Indiana continues to commit costly penalties, there is a hard ceiling.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

As long as Indiana continues to sustain multiple important injuries year after year after year, there is a hard ceiling.  Wash, rinse, repeat

As long as Indiana's quarterback can't consistently throw the ball accurately down the field, there is a hard ceiling. Wash, rinse, repeat.

As long as Indiana's line is unable go block or get any push, there is a hard ceiling. This is a new development.

As long as Indiana's secondary can't figure out how to cover receivers, there is a hard ceiling.  Inconsistent.

Indiana is a 7-8 win football team.  But that's all they are.

So your saying there is a chance.....

2 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

Maybe I was expecting to much. After all, UM is a ranked program. We’re improving but damn, get a defense! It’s been so bad for so many years. We’ve had kick a$$ offense but truly Iniana has no D.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Sometimes it’s a matter of timing. We play this game four weeks ago and it’s probably a one score outcome. 

I missed most of the second half but I don't understand how far inferior IU teams have hung with Michigan for the last decade even though they have lost and now we have our best team in at least a decade and get blown out. I understand we didn't have Whop and had several other injuries but its mind blowing that this is the Hoosier team to get trounced by Michigan after so many close calls. 

I missed most of the second half but I don't understand how far inferior IU teams have hung with Michigan for the last decade even though they have lost and now we have our best team in at least a decade and get blown out. I understand we didn't have Whop and had several other injuries but its mind blowing that this is the Hoosier team to get trounced by Michigan after so many close calls. 

Even the last 7 win team lost to Illinois and Juice Williams 27-14. Lost to Michigan State 52-27. Lost to Wisconsin 33-3. And then lost the bowl game to Dez Bryant and Okie State 49-33.

Edit: our wins were against Indiana State, a 5-7 Western Michigan, 4-8 Akron, 6-6 Iowa, 1-11 Minnesota, 7-6 Ball State and an 8-5 Purdue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Michigan's line is among the nation's best; they're a top 10 team playing their best football, and they have a great quarterback and terrific (and big) skill guys.    Indiana was out manned and with so many deficiencies; we'd have had to be perfect.  And we weren't.   Every weakness we have was exposed.  We are not at that level...Michigan is playing as well as any but 3-4 teams in the country right now.

I was an IU student the only time we beat OSU and Michigan in the same season -- and the last time we beat OSU. In no way did I think we'd beat both this year -- or even one of 'em -- but I thought we might be able to compete with both, since we had them at home. But we got poleaxed both times out. And that elusive win ain't gonna come next season -- we go to Columbus and Ann Arbor. I almost wish there was a way we could split that up: have one of those teams at home, one on the road each season. Because while chances are low we'll beat one in Bloomington, chances are virtually nonexistent we'll beat one on the road. 

Looking back on those "glory years" of the late 1980s, I'd have never guessed that would be the last time we'd beat either one of those teams. In the past 50 years or so, we've beaten OSU, PSU and Michigan a total of four times. Insane. And sad. 

It's still very puzzling to me how for years, we dominated the likes of Wisconsin, NW and PSU in basketball. Yet they've pretty much caught up to us, and in Bucky's case, flipped the script (I think we had 19-20 seasons or so there were we never lost to them; now we can't beat them). But we haven't done the same in football with PSU, OSU and Michigan. And our only win in the past 30 years or so against those schools came when PSU was decimated by probation because it harbored a child rapist. 

You would think that over a random 10-year stretch against OSU, Michigan or PSU, we'd be able to go 1-9 or 2-8 against those teams. Which is still awful. But we can't even do that. It's maddening. 

I was an IU student the only time we beat OSU and Michigan in the same season -- and the last time we beat OSU. In no way did I think we'd beat both this year -- or even one of 'em -- but I thought we might be able to compete with both, since we had them at home. But we got poleaxed both times out. And that elusive win ain't gonna come next season -- we go to Columbus and Ann Arbor. I almost wish there was a way we could split that up: have one of those teams at home, one on the road each season. Because while chances are low we'll beat one in Bloomington, chances are virtually nonexistent we'll beat one on the road. 

Looking back on those "glory years" of the late 1980s, I'd have never guessed that would be the last time we'd beat either one of those teams. In the past 50 years or so, we've beaten OSU, PSU and Michigan a total of four times. Insane. And sad. 

It's still very puzzling to me how for years, we dominated the likes of Wisconsin, NW and PSU in basketball. Yet they've pretty much caught up to us, and in Bucky's case, flipped the script (I think we had 19-20 seasons or so there were we never lost to them; now we can't beat them). But we haven't done the same in football with PSU, OSU and Michigan. And our only win in the past 30 years or so against those schools came when PSU was decimated by probation because it harbored a child rapist. 
You would think that over a random 10-year stretch against OSU, Michigan or PSU, we'd be able to go 1-9 or 2-8 against those teams. Which is still awful. But we can't even do that. It's maddening. 

That’s why some believe we start every season 0-3.

It’s crazy that even with the chances we’ve had late in some of those games that the ball (or call) didn’t go our way to get a win.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

In fairness, not that it makes any difference to your overall point, it's easier to improve in basketball because of the numbers involved. Getting five good players is easier than getting twenty-two. You are correct in that we have a sustained record of ineptitude in football. It's painful to be a fan and maintain any self respect.

13 hours ago, cthomas said:

In fairness, not that it makes any difference to your overall point, it's easier to improve in basketball because of the numbers involved. Getting five good players is easier than getting twenty-two. 

So it would be easier for a tradition-laden “blue-blood” to improve in a sport that only needs 5 good players? Let me ponder that a bit........

9 hours ago, DChoosier said:

So it would be easier for a tradition-laden “blue-blood” to improve in a sport that only needs 5 good players? Let me ponder that a bit........

Theoretically, yes. But then again, that implies the will to do it.