Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

#IUMS NCAA Tournament

I can't say I know a ton about soccer, but so far, it looks as if UCSB is much more aggressive than Kentucky. Seems as if they've dominated the first 10 minutes or so. I don't recall pUKe controlling the action for any stretch last week. 

Worst first half IU has played this year and so lucky to get out of it scoreless. I credit UC Santa Barbara for getting physical with us and throwing us off our game. Need to adjust.

Same story and its not like we are taking target practice and just missing. Hardly an chances. D has been strong but the Mid and Offense have played their worst game of yr with multiple bad turnovers against a leaky UCSB defense.

Can't say that wasn't deserved. Ironically until IU got hot late in season this is exactly where I had them was Sweet 16, Elite 8 ish. I expect another huge year next year but IU deserves credit for what it did this year replacing a whole team.

With that said don't pay attention to the shots. IU was not dominant at all today when it should of been and had limited opportunities. Mid and Forwards had by far worst game of year and had multiple horrible turnovers. D held up great until an inexcusable mistake by them and of course it was Jordan Kleyn at the end who ended the season.

Munie being hurt today was a killer as Kleyn just not that good. He graduates fortunately. A player like Kleyn is exactly the difference between recent recruiting and current recruiting and whoever replaces his him will be better. There is a reason he was benched for Munie a freshman.

Disappointing end today but rather then this be the ceiling at it was for a while (and it included a Big Ten Championship which we were not getting before) this is the floor for IU soccer now as a rebuilding year that went pretty damn good.

Expect us to be back on the level of last two years next year despite some talent losses. So nice to have a year like this be the minimum rather than the maximum again.

18 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, disappointing L to lose that way. Should have advanced at least one more round.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If we could of won in PK's yes and certainly should not of lost that way. Our offense and Mid was so out of sink we were not getting a goal.

For next year (and this is with a bit of insider knowledge but it could change):

Almost Certainly Gone: Penn, Morris

50-50: Maher (may want to play with his brother for a year who is a recruit next year).

Probably Back: Bezerra, Glass

Seniors: Waever, Kleyn, Ahlinvi and Caulfield. Of these guys two were benched, one was injured most of the year and one is a bit of a loss in Waever.

Gun to head I think we lose only Waever, Penn, Morris and maybe Maher.

We have more then enough with almost everyone back and a year older and another highly ranked recruit. Let's take another serious shot at a National Title like in 17 and 18 and I think we will. 

Once again great to have this be our rebuilding year rather than the norm as a ceiling which as I keep saying means we are back as IU Soccer is supposed to be.

Update: Morris sits on bench and admires field then takes one last run around it presumably as a goodbye. Safe to say he's not coming back but we already knew that.

Wake Forest beat Michigan which makes me feel better as I don't see anyway IU would of gone to Wake and won this weekend. If Michigan had won we would have missed a golden opportunity at third straight college cup but I see zero chance we didn't go out next round in elite 8 the way it played out.

Actually outside of UCSB who beat us, the whole bracket is chalk right now which shows committee did a much better job overall with the bracket then in some years outside of their lack of regard for teams 16-48 and how good they are in second round when pairing them.