Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Troy game thread 11/16 8 pm BTN

Huh?  He came in averaging 8 points and 5 boards in 19 minutes per game on 64% shooting.  What were you expecting from him?

It’s not just numbers, but his defense, hedging, help, etc. I’m not saying he’s been terrible, because he’s always been a good offensive player, but felt overall hasn’t been that impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

It’s not just numbers, but his defense, hedging, help, etc. I’m not saying he’s been terrible, because he’s always been a good offensive player, but felt overall hasn’t been that impressive.

Honestly, I never thought coming in he was just going to be an adequate defender at best.  In terms of hedging, that's been in Archie's defense all along (having bigs hedge up top) and then have a guy rotate underneath until the big recovers.

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I will be shocked if this team doesn’t make the tournament this year. So much better cohesion this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

At no time during the cupcake part of the schedule last season did I enjoy the team as much as tonight. They are fun to watch. They really seem to enjoy each other.

IU definitely playing with more purpose and fire. Definitely a fun half of basketball, and great to see Green back and hit that basket to end the half. Hope that will get him more momentum and comfortable.

Really the only negative I could say is Brunk continuing to underwhelm. Hope it’s just getting used to a new system. Wish Phinisee wasn’t sick, would be nice to see a mostly healthy roster.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think Joey read your post. I wasn’t really impressed with him either to be honest. I started to think about it a little and I don’t think we really need him to be overwhelming Bob. He’s working hard on the defensive end. He’s big enough to change shots underneath, and if he pulls down 6-8 boards, chips in 6-8 pts on putbacks and freethrows? Shoot Bob, I’m a happy man. Figure that’s baseline numbers too, maybe a few nights he goes over as a bonus.

Honestly, I never thought coming in he was just going to be an adequate defender at best.  In terms of hedging, that's been in Archie's defense all along (having bigs hedge up top) and then have a guy rotate underneath until the big recovers.

I agree, I just believe he hedges way too far and often gets in the way of the guard when trying to recover. Seems to have the hardest time with hedging. I guess my initial word was too strong, he does have good stats, just was hoping to see some things a little better.

At least we can have some disagreements while up 40 is a good thing? Lol

I think Joey read your post. I wasn’t really impressed with him either to be honest. I started to think about it a little and I don’t think we really need him to be overwhelming Bob. He’s working hard on the defensive end. He’s big enough to change shots underneath, and if he pulls down 6-8 boards, chips in 6-8 pts on putbacks and freethrows? Shoot Bob, I’m a happy man. Figure that’s baseline numbers too, maybe a few nights he goes over as a bonus.

I was thinking the same thing lol, he read my post.