Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Troy game thread 11/16 8 pm BTN

12 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

TJD is better than I expected, and I did think he would be a very nice player. He does it all with desire and hustle.

If TJD plays like this in the BT (an unknown since we have not played anyone) he might stay in Bloomington less than we had anticipated.

I've seen enough to believe this team better than last year's. It's much better balanced and everyone on scholarship is capable of contributing when called upon. Chemistry is obviously better and we have yet to see the team at full strength. I'm seeing a really high ceiling for this group. I'm excited for what it is now and what it can be over the next couple of years.

32 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

IU beats another “cupcake” like Evansville! Oh?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I say this knowing Kenpom is off kilter until January.  But since I don’t know who else ranks all the teams...

Evansville - 132 (they were also in the 130’s before beating UK).

Portland State - 275

North Al - 279

Troy - 297

Western Il - 311

There are “cupcakes” and there are incredibly sweet cupcakes. We are playing the bottom of the barrel. If we have a good BT season it will not matter at all but I didn’t like some of the Crean scheduling and I’m not a fan of this either. We should not play a murderers row schedule but flipping a couple of these games for teams in the 100-150 range would be nice.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I've seen enough to believe this team better than last year's. It's much better balanced and everyone on scholarship is capable of contributing when called upon. Chemistry is obviously better and we have yet to see the team at full strength. I'm seeing a really high ceiling for this group. I'm excited for what it is now and what it can be over the next couple of years.

I agree and this has been without, for the most part, what we presume to be our two starting guards. Really think we will make the tourney this year with better things in the future.

I say this knowing Kenpom is off kilter until January.  But since I don’t know who else ranks all the teams...
Portland State - 275
North Al - 279
Troy - 297
Western Il - 311
There are “cupcakes” and there are incredibly sweet cupcakes. We are playing the bottom of the barrel. If we have a good BT season it will not matter at all but I didn’t like some of the Crean scheduling and I’m not a fan of this either. We should not play a murderers row schedule but flipping a couple of these games for teams in the 100-150 range would be nice.

*** it!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Portland State - 275
North Al - 279
Troy - 297
Western Il - 311

Yep, although Louisiana tech is actually a pretty good team, believe they are around 85 in Kenpom.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

47 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Portland State - 275

North Al - 279

Troy - 297

Western Il - 311

I’ll give Archie a pass this year. He was replacing his two best players this year. And several and a few other rotation players. 

Franklin and TJD are freshmen. Jerome is a redshirt freshmen and Race may as well have redshirted last year. That’s a lot of new blood to incorporate on a team. 

Now next year with a veteran core of basically the team we saw minus Green we need to play 120-200 Kenpom for cupcakes 

11 hours ago, cthomas said:

Yes, I'm cautiously optimistic and can see the potential for a very competitive team.  We'll need Rob to get back on the floor consistently and Devonte to shake off the rust.  The other guys have shown that they've worked hard and really improved their games.  I'm feeling really good about Smith, Durham, Thompson and Brunk being consistent contributors - which we didn't have enough of last year (Juwan was pretty much it). Trayce is playing up to expectations and Franklin looks quite poised.

I think Romeo added a really odd dynamic last year - an elite but young talent that was good enough to be a focus but couldn't carry the load with the season long injury he was dealt.  I just think we have many more options this year. Jerome is, and will, take several games to lose the rust but if he can become the player we hope he can be it could make us a top-15 type team.

(long post but last night was the first game I got to watch)

27 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Yes, I'm cautiously optimistic and can see the potential for a very competitive team.  We'll need Rob to get back on the floor consistently and Devonte to shake off the rust.  The other guys have shown that they've worked hard and really improved their games.  I'm feeling really good about Smith, Durham, Thompson and Brunk being consistent contributors - which we didn't have enough of last year (Juwan was pretty much it). Trayce is playing up to expectations and Franklin looks quite poised.

I think Romeo added a really odd dynamic last year - an elite but young talent that was good enough to be a focus but couldn't carry the load with the season long injury he was dealt.  I just think we have many more options this year. Jerome is, and will, take several games to lose the rust but if he can become the player we hope he can be it could make us a top-15 type team.

(long post but last night was the first game I got to watch)

Agree with this completely. Romeo was the right player at the wrong time. We just didn't have enough pieces with enough experience to allow him to excel.

This team has 11 guys that know their roles and it’s fun to watch. Tons of rock solid players and you can make a case that all of them will see significant run during the gauntlet of the season. When Al’s shot isn’t dropping, Devante can pick him up. When Justin doesn’t have it, TJD can pick him up. It goes on and on. Not saying this is a contending team, but it is certainly a TEAM!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners