Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/16 12:00PM ET (24) Indiana at (9) Penn State ABC

Two things pissed me off:

1.  The non-targeting call when Whop got hit.  F*** the announcers saying  'well it wasn't the crown of the helmet and Whop lowered his head'.....BS.  If that's not targeting, nothing is.

2.  The flag they picked up because the 'chop block was within five yards of the line of scrimmage' when it clearly wasn't.

Peyton Ramsey throwing for 371 on 41 passes with no picks was certainly a highlight (one touchdown passing (should have been two) and two rushing).  

I look at Philyor's stat line with two turnovers and know that neither should have been (although he should have never attempted to field the punt and that put it into question).

Big officials should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ve said it for years but it goes way above Big Ten officials. If these refs were making bad calls in the eyes of the conference they wouldn’t be working Big Ten games. There is a pecking order in the conference and Indiana isn’t going to change that until they give them no chance in changing it.

**** the Big Ten

Whop definitely should have gotten out of the way on that punt. However, show me a time when a ball (football, basketball, soccer ball, etc.) hit something and didn’t change rotation. It just doesn’t happen.

**** the Big Ten

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

55 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Peyton Ramsey throwing for 371 on 41 passes with no picks was certainly a highlight (one touchdown passing (should have been two) and two rushing).  

I look at Philyor's stat line with two turnovers and know that neither should have been (although he should have never attempted to field the punt and that put it into question).

Ramsey did have one that should've been a pick 6.  Definitely should've had 2 passing TDs though.

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Two things pissed me off:

1.  The non-targeting call when Whop got hit.  F*** the announcers saying  'well it wasn't the crown of the helmet and Whop lowered his head'.....BS.  If that's not targeting, nothing is.

2.  The flag they picked up because the 'chop block was within five yards of the line of scrimmage' when it clearly wasn't.

It took them forever to call intentional grounding on Penn State as well around the same time as the targeting they got away with.

A lot of Cliffotd's scrambles they got away with holds. Refs were horrid

Honestly this was the first time we've played a top 10 team and I felt like we were equals on the field. We've played teams close before but those games felt more like luck. We were just iu football and they weren't taking us seriously.

Today, we out gained them by almost 100 yards and had the ball longer. We just lost the turnover battle, and that was the ball game. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Honestly this was the first time we've played a top 10 team and I felt like we were equals on the field. We've played teams close before but those games felt more like luck. We were just iu football and they weren't taking us seriously.

Today, we out gained them by almost 100 yards and had the ball longer. We just lost the turnover battle, and that was the ball game. 

Agreed. Our defensive line is already challenged and then started to drop like flies late in the 4th. We were one stop away from pulling off the upset but ultimately couldn’t get it done today. Michigan worries be only because they’ve been crushing everything lately but who knows, maybe we catch them napping. Or even better, the bounces go our way for a change? Either way, can’t wait until next Saturday. 

51 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Special teams blunders cost us the game. 

Disagree with ya. Phylor blunder wasn’t a blunder bc he didn’t touch the ball. The fact he even avoided touching it was impressive. Either way, onto Michigan. 

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

My takeaways after this game  are Tom Allen the recruiter has done pretty well even though the rankings havent shown it. We werent outclassed by a top ten team. Tom Allen the coach still has a lot to prove.

On that, it'd be cool to see IU hire a veteran HC that's let go to help CTA with game management and other minutiae that a younger HC needs help with within a game. I don't know if its equal to football but I compare it to Michigan hiring Phil Martelli who was a HC at St Joe's forever to help Juwan Howard with various game situations that come up.

6 hours ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely throwing a freshman under the bus.   Blaming the kid for making a mistake.   Good Lord..that was a coaching blunder and the kid should have never been in that position.   Don't get cute.  Go for it or kick it.  Don't put a freshman or any kid in a position to make that mistake.  That's on YOU, Coach.    Own it.  The blame game is a bad look.

Completely throwing a freshman under the bus.   Blaming the kid for making a mistake.   Good Lord..that was a coaching blunder and the kid should have never been in that position.   Don't get cute.  Go for it or kick it.  Don't put a freshman or any kid in a position to make that mistake.  That's on YOU, Coach.    Own it.  The blame game is a bad look.

Yeah, that needs to be a “I messed that up and we’ll get it cleaned up.” Then say whatever you need to in practice. Leadership 101

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

The continued lack of team discipline and baffling coaching decisions give me some pause in supporting a lucrative extension for Allen. He has earned a couple more years on his contract but there are warning lights.

Team was 7-2 and goes toe-to-toe with the #9 team in the nation while our backup QB, and that's your take away?