Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUMS at Maryland - 11/15/19 - B1G Semifinal Game

Double OT. Not a huge fan of Palo who just slipped and blew a chance. To often he is in perfect position and just doesn't finish point blank and its happened to many times in his career. He offers a lot with his speed and head but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired at times.

Well that was an all's well that ends well scenario. Should of won a lot earlier but stayed composed and got the break we needed. Tough way to end it for them but given Maryland was on their ninth life and we should of scored much earlier I cannot feel bad. 

Great PK by Maher. Neumann the goalie guessed correctly but Maher tucked it in the perfect spot for the win just like Thomas did last year to end the PK shootout even though St. Clair guessed right. Big difference though is this counts as a win since it happened in OT vs. a PK shootout goes down as a tie. 

I think this may wrap up a second home game in the NCAA tourney and a top 8 seed but we would be well advised to beat Michigan just to be safe. Our RPI moved up to 11 and given our quality schedule and who we are I think we would get the 8 even with a loss (we got a 7 in 2016 with a 16 RPI so it is not exact) but we can ensure it with a second straight Big Ten Tourney Title. Don't think we got a top 4 no matter what we do but would be nice to move up to a 5 or a 6 for a weaker Sweet 16 opponent and possibly get to travel to the 4 or 5 seed in the elite 8 rather then the 1 which would also be nice.

Team grew up again tonight and stayed composed to pass their toughest test yet and may be peaking at the right time. 

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Goumballe needs to work in his celebration. He completely whiffed on his attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Let’s just be glad he didn’t get hurt and hope he will get 6 more chances to practice