Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs N Alabama game thread 11/12 @ 7 pm BTN

UK is effed then!

Key words: “first three games”

This team is playing with their leading scorer injured, PG coming off the bench in reserve minutes, and the guy who may be the X-factor playing basketball for the first time in a year.

This team has a lot of opportunity to improve.

You have to be beyond pizzed off if you’re a Kentucky fan. You could tell they were slacking and taking the night off. M

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol ominous? I feel fairly good about our team. The improvements are there. We are openly going on script regardless of how good or bad we are playing trying to get lineups some run. But our shooting has been pretty good. I guess I don’t have the ominous feeling of some .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lol ominous? I feel fairly good about our team. The improvements are there. We are openly going on script regardless of how good or bad we are playing trying to get lineups some run. But our shooting has been pretty good. I guess I don’t have the ominous feeling of some emoji23.png.

We are shooting it better. Kinda sad but there has been growth especially with the line moving back. 

Thru the first 3 cupcakes we were 16 of 54

First 3 this year 16 of 46

All without our best shooter.  I’m concerned about lack of 3 point defense. If this is a result of the line being further back and that affecting our D that’s going to be a problem. 

We are shooting it better. Kinda sad but there has been growth especially with the line moving back. 

Thru the first 3 cupcakes we were 16 of 54

First 3 this year 16 of 46

All without our best shooter.  I’m concerned about lack of 3 point defense. If this is a result of the line being further back and that affecting our D that’s going to be a problem. 

Completely agree. Our close outs are horrible to this point. But if players like Al are playing 30 mpg I have no doubts that will get better. Then you add Green into the mix? I feel pretty good about where we can be come March. But that’s what cupcakes are for.

21 minutes ago, hurryinghoosier5 said:

That lineup of Race, TJD, Phin, Al, and Jerome was nice! Not saying this should be the starting 5 or anything. Just enjoyed it.

I agree.

In my opinion this is the ideal starting 5 for next year. Maybe switch Justin and Race (can't go wrong either way). But it has shooting, length, toughness, and athleticism. Plus there would not be any freshman that we have to depend on to start and carry the load. 

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Lol ominous? I feel fairly good about our team. The improvements are there. We are openly going on script regardless of how good or bad we are playing trying to get lineups some run. But our shooting has been pretty good. I guess I don’t have the ominous feeling of some emoji23.png.

Same 3-4 guys...in every thread.  Regardless of topic, regardless of sport.  

AJ Moye agrees

IMG_4044.thumb.jpg.32e5e481bcea76f38841d95beb3abf2e.jpg

Look, I won’t get worried until we see how he plays in the B1G, but damn he’s looking real impressive. We’ve always talked about him as a multi-year player, but if I’m an NBA scout, TJD is on my watch list this year.

Look, I won’t get worried until we see how he plays in the B1G, but damn he’s looking real impressive. We’ve always talked about him as a multi-year player, but if I’m an NBA scout, TJD is on my watch list this year.

NBA scouts will need to see him hit a shot from outside the paint on a consistent basis in my opinion. In the NBA he will need to show he can do that.

20 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

The color commentator on the broadcast said it best I think. Something along the lines of, "He's not out here trying to play a finesse game. He's playing with pure aggression." Love to see that from a freshman.

42 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

NBA scouts will need to see him hit a shot from outside the paint on a consistent basis in my opinion. In the NBA he will need to show he can do that.

Good point. Here's to hoping he doesn't develop his perimeter game till next year!

The only real disappointing thing I saw last night was Damezi on defense. He looked like he was on roller skates while guarding on the perimeter and seemed to be out of position on several N Alabama buckets.

Anyone have the gif when that guy crosses him over and made him stumble. I bet if they show that in film room it gets a few laughs.

Through the first half, I kept saying way are we playing Damezi all these minutes. But then second half he played a lot better. I think he’s still in the bottom 3 of my depth chart though.

TJD will be a 2 year player, imo. Romeo had the hype and was a projected lottery pick going into last season. TJD is more under the radar (comparatively). I haven't seen him in any first round mock drafts for next year. If he plays well enough to shoot into the lottery then that's fantastic, but he has a good, stable family environment so he won't be pushed into leaving for the NBA before he's ready.