Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs N Alabama game thread 11/12 @ 7 pm BTN

6 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Should have explained - if he’s bad at creating game plans I’d imagine he’s also bad at making adjustments to his game plan. Could be a poor assumption, but I just don’t know that that cause explains what we’re seeing.

I just think his teams are more likely to wear you down over the course of the game with defense and by taking it to the hoop and drawing fouls than shooting you out of the gym like a Crean team.

I suppose I don't know for sure either.  It's definitely an Archie Miller trend, but poor game plan is the only thing I can think of.  I'm open to other suggestions 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

TJD is incredible. For those that like to doubt rankings, every 5 star we have brought in has arguably been our best player as a freshman.

Gordon, Romeo, TJD, Zeller, Yogi(wasn’t but turned into dynamite), Vonleh.

I like what we are building. I like this team. If we can hit shots, we can be pretty good.

TJD-stud

Justin Smith- off night. Didn’t force

Brunk-gotta like him, but he’s very limited athletically

DeRon-same

Al Durham-turning into dat dude.

Rob-I like how Rob plays on O and D.

Franklin-capable. Strong freshman, but lower on my depth chart.

Damezi-was thinking he should be odd man out, then has his best game.

Race-Hustle, rebounds. I like him but he’s still down my depth chart.

Hunter-wow, he could be really good.

A lot to like imo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If Green can be the Green we saw last year I think we could finally make the tourney. 

TJD is incredible. For those that like to doubt rankings, every 5 star we have brought in has arguably been our best player as a freshman.

Gordon, Romeo, TJD, Zeller, Yogi(wasn’t but turned into dynamite), Vonleh.

I like what we are building. I like this team. If we can hit shots, we can be pretty good.

TJD-stud
Justin Smith- off night. Didn’t force
Brunk-gotta like him, but he’s very limited athletically
DeRon-same
Al Durham-turning into dat dude.
Rob-I like how Rob plays on O and D.
Franklin-capable. Strong freshman, but lower on my depth chart.
Damezi-was thinking he should be odd man out, then has his best game.
Race-Hustle, rebounds. I like him but he’s still down my depth chart.
Hunter-wow, he could be really good.

A lot to like imo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Definitely looking forward to the tougher part of the schedule to see how they handle it. I think I’m more interested to watch this one than I was last year. I too believe this team could be good. Hitting shots is going to be a difference maker for sure. I liked what Brian Butch said tonight about the Indiana team being balanced on offense and defense. He said “balanced teams can be dangerous teams”. I believe this to be true from what I’ve seen so far. The results of the last two contests have been confusing to me in that at times, the team looks really to be more on par with their competition, and then bang! They take off like a fighter jet. Really don’t know yet what they truly are. Right now, could finish anywhere from 1st to worst. Butch is right though, this team can be dangerous. Takes them a while to feel the other side out is all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Should have explained - if he’s bad at creating game plans I’d imagine he’s also bad at making adjustments to his game plan. Could be a poor assumption, but I just don’t know that that cause explains what we’re seeing.

I just think his teams are more likely to wear you down over the course of the game with defense and by taking it to the hoop and drawing fouls than shooting you out of the gym like a Crean team.

But there isn’t an excuse for how slow his teams have started. Marquette has a great start. Outside of that though... not much. He’s doing something at halftime that he isn’t before the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wasn’t a great game, especially the first half, but I really liked how the team competed overall. Phinisee proved how important he is to this team, and we need him healthy. Needs to read his passes a little better, but that will come with more time after his injury.

Really liked the play of TJD and Race again today. Jerome played well, and you know once he gets himself settled in he will elevate this team higher. While it was against a lesser opponent, it was good to see DeRon play more efficiently in the 2nd half. If he can continue to be more of that DeRon, I can see him taking Brunk’s starting spot.

Smith didn’t have the greatest game, but like with everyone, they competed and played hard for most of the game, which is huge for this team, especially Smith.

I’m hopeful this team can find its groove, get healthy, and start rolling!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Y’all realize that the entirety of the team we saw tonight minus DeRon will be intact for two years? That’s a very good thing.

Was about to post this as well. These are young guys but I’m liking what I’m seeing already. This roster is starting to fortify itself and hopefully it means consistency from here on out. Archie still needs to start sprinkling in some more shooters, a Nick Zeisloft or two would be perfect, but we have some good assets now that just need time to mature as a group. They looked like a team today that enjoys playing together, which we haven’t seen since 15-16.