Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

1 seeds- Kansas, Zags, Baylor, Dayton
Kansas was the best team all year and they would of been the favorite to win it all.    Got to feel for Baylor and Dayton.  2 special years for programs that doesn't have the opportunities to have them    Have to wonder when the next one for them will be.   
2 seeds- San Diego St, Florida St, Creighton, Nova
anyone think when IU beat Florida St early in the season they would be beating one of the legit National Title contenders? Hamilton is such an underrated coach.     Creighton had a heck of a year and I would of loved for them to make a run because they were fun to watch.  The last basketball game I got to watch this year was the first half of Creighton/St Johns.
3 seeds-Sparty, Duke,Seton Hall, Kentucky
I would of loved to seen what the committee would of done with Kentucky.    The have the resume of a 2 seed if you take away that horrible Evansville loss but they cant do that.     They lost a home game to a team that went winless in their conference.   iu had 0 losses outside the top 43, Kentucky had 4 outside the top 43 
4 seed-Louisville, Maryland, Wisky, Oregon
Remember back to IU's loss at Wisky and the hot takes about how bad this Wisky team was this year?   Worst Wisky team ever.  Losing by 20 to a non tournament team is embarrassing.    Wisky turned it around and turned out to be a top 16 protected seed.   Hate Wisky all you want be that is impressive.   They return almost everyone for next year as well.    Maryland was the team I thought could make a deep run despite Turgeon coaching.     
5 seed- Auburn, , Butler, Ohio St, West Virginia 
buckeyes were 2-6 in conference at one point in the season.  They finished strong to finish with a winning conference record.   Big expectation for them this year and they didn't live up to it.   The post season was their chance to live up to the hype.   Buckeye fans will have to wonder What If.    Life without the Wesson's for Holtmann next year
6 seed-BYU, Iowa, Penn St, Michigan
Lamar Stevens comes back to college to lead his team to the chance to make the tournament and sadly gets that taken away from him.   Of all the seniors this one stinks the most for me.    he was also 6 points away from breaking the Penn St all time scoring record.   Not sure how far they would of gone because they struggled down the stretch but I wished I got to watch him play in the dance.   Byu was the team I was going to make a run this year.   they were a pleasure to watch all year and especially when they go Childs back.   Of course im guessing the committee would of matched them against IU in the first round lol
7 seed- Virginia, Zona, Providence, Colorado
Colorado played in the last full game I got to watch this year against Washington St and they got rolled.   Not the college basketball game I thought would be my last full game of the season.   Bennett proved again this year why is one of the best coaches in the game today.   Offense was a struggle to watch but he found a way to finish 1 game out of first for the ACC.
8 seed-Houston, St Marys, Illinois, LSU
Strong a
9 seed- USC, Oklahoma, Marquette, IU
would of loved to seen if iu could of improved their seeding by making a run in the B1G tourney.     
10 seed- Florida, Rutgers, Utah St, ETSU
The back end of the bubble is a mess and their would of been 0 chance that Iu would of been on the wrong side of this bubble after the Nebraska win.     I still think they would of got an at-large bid even if they lost that game just because their resume would of still been better then the ones on the cutline.   Utah St and ETSU(Probably more of a 11 or 12 but im putting them 10) is the auto bid
Im just going to list the teams that would of been on the back end of the bubble.    Some would of played their way in and others would of played their way out
Texas Tech, NC State, UCLA, Xavier, Cincy, Texas, Richmond, Stanford, Wichita St, Memphis, Miss st,
X and Stanford probably played their way out with early losses in their conference tournament.   Texas Tech/Texas had an elimination game, NC State would have had to beat Duke, The AAC tournament was 1 big bubble tournament lol
Mid Majors to watch in the What If tournament
ETSU, SF Austin, Vermont
ETSU would of made a run this year in my opinion.   They had all the makings of a  cinderella run.   
With that this is my final projection for the 2020 tournament.   Hard to believe no Selection show on Selection Sunday.   Be safe BT Banners family and I look forward to projecting the field for the 2021 tournament

You do a great job and bring a lot of logic to an emotional sport

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Here were mine.....had some time to take the team sheets and used a formula to rate teams based on team sheet info.  Wasn't happy with where a couple of teams ended and I didn't do the leg work or have the knowledge of what the commitee thinks like USPS.  Anyway this was meant not so much to predict what the NCAA would have done but rather where the formula puts them.  Biggest disagreement is on Colorado.

1:  Kansas, Baylor, Gonzaga, Dayton

2:  Creighton, Villanova, San Diego St, Maryland

3:  Florida St, Louisville, Michigan State, Seton Hall

4:  Oregon, Kentucky, Duke, Ohio State

5:  Butler, Auburn, Wisconsin, BY

6:  West Virginia, Michigan, Virginia, Penn State

7:  Illinois, St. Mary's, Marquette, Iowa

8:  Houston, E. Tenn St, Rutgers, Wichita St

9:  USC, Arizona, Indiana, LSU

10:  Oklahoma, Richmond, Arizona St, Xavier

11:  Florida, Utah St, Providence, Colorado (play in), Texas Tech (play in)

12:  St.Louis (play in), Rhode Island (play in)

First 8 out:  Purdue, Texas, N. Iowa, Stanford, Miss St, Oklahoma St, Cincinnati, NC State

I was shocked to see St. Louis in as well as Rhode Island.  Lot of quad 2 games in the A-10 and I might have not weighted those properly.

WKND Seed List (CAPS=AQ): 01-ZAGS, 02-BAYLOR, 03-Kansas, 04-NOVA; 05-MICHST, 06-Wisc, 07-Texas, 08-HOU; 09-Iowa, 10-DUKE, 11-Wvu, 12-UVa; 13-Illini, 14-Creigh, 15-TENN, 16-TTech; 17-Unc, 18-Kentucky, 19-FlaSt, 20-OhioSt; 21-Lville, 22-Indiana, 23-ASU, 24-Fl

...25-Oregon, 26-Michigan, 27-Rutgers, 28-SDSU; 29-Ucla, 30-RICH, 31-Stanford, 32-VaTech; 33-Bama, 34-StLouis, 35-Lsu, 36-Clem; 37-UConn (OklaSt), 38-Okla, 39-Maryland, 40-Purdue; 41-Arkansas, 42-Colorado, 43-Providence; LAST FOUR IN: 44-Cuse, 45-Marq, 46-NC State, 47-Memphis...

Lunardi 

Way Early 

I feel like I read a few months ago but don't remember the answer. What is the deal with the NET this year? are they still using it to compile data or is it just going to be the committee more or less using the eye test?

25 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I feel like I read a few months ago but don't remember the answer. What is the deal with the NET this year? are they still using it to compile data or is it just going to be the committee more or less using the eye test?

They are going to still use it but the eye test will have more of a factor then years past from what I have heard.   

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

WKND Seed List (CAPS=AQ): 01-ZAGS, 02-BAYLOR, 03-Kansas, 04-NOVA; 05-MICHST, 06-Wisc, 07-Texas, 08-HOU; 09-Iowa, 10-DUKE, 11-Wvu, 12-UVa; 13-Illini, 14-Creigh, 15-TENN, 16-TTech; 17-Unc, 18-Kentucky, 19-FlaSt, 20-OhioSt; 21-Lville, 22-Indiana, 23-ASU, 24-Fl

...25-Oregon, 26-Michigan, 27-Rutgers, 28-SDSU; 29-Ucla, 30-RICH, 31-Stanford, 32-VaTech; 33-Bama, 34-StLouis, 35-Lsu, 36-Clem; 37-UConn (OklaSt), 38-Okla, 39-Maryland, 40-Purdue; 41-Arkansas, 42-Colorado, 43-Providence; LAST FOUR IN: 44-Cuse, 45-Marq, 46-NC State, 47-Memphis...

Lunardi 

Way Early 

So currently projected as the second five seed.

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I can't find NET rankings for this season anywhere. My guess is they're waiting for Purdue to play a real team so they can rank them about 30 spots higher than anyone else again. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I can't find NET rankings for this season anywhere. My guess is they're waiting for Purdue to play a real team so they can rank them about 30 spots higher than anyone else again. 

NET rankings don’t come out at the start of the season.  The first year they released too early and the numbers were crazy and everyone killed them for releasing it early so they give it some time before they release them.   My guess will be they won’t release them until after the first of the year 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

NET rankings don’t come out at the start of the season.  The first year they released too early and the numbers were crazy and everyone killed them for releasing it early so they give it some time before they release them.   My guess will be they won’t release them until after the first of the year 

Couldn't be much crazier than having a 16-15 Purdue team ranked #32. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

NCAA adopting a new set of seeding principles exclusively for the 2021 tournament.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2021-01-15/new-bracketing-principles-adopted-2021ncaa-tournament

Basically they are using a true S-Curve and do not have to worry about geographical rules when making the bracket.   
The 4th number 1 seed will be in the same region as the team that would be the first 2 seed.     This will make it much easier to fill out the bracket 

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Basically they are using a true S-Curve and do not have to worry about geographical rules when making the bracket.   
The 4th number 1 seed will be in the same region as the team that would be the first 2 seed.     This will make it much easier to fill out the bracket 

There will still be some movement for some teams because of conference separation rules especially teams in the B1G and Big 12 because they will send the most teams 

7 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Somehow Duke will still be a #2 seed in Greensboro.

I’ve started to dive into the team sheets the last couple days.  Definitely going to be an interesting year and I look forward to the committee releasing their top 16 in Feb.   I will post some blind resumes later but for know a fun observation.   As of today a road win at Abilene Christian, Kent St or Marshall (Q1 road wins)would be considered a better win by the committee then winning at Duke, Kentucky or Michigan St (Q2 road wins).   This will probably change as the year goes on but still an interesting observation 

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’ve started to dive into the team sheets the last couple days.  Definitely going to be an interesting year and I look forward to the committee releasing their top 16 in Feb.   I will post some blind resumes later but for know a fun observation.   As of today a road win at Abilene Christian, Kent St or Marshall (Q1 road wins)would be considered a better win by the committee then winning at Duke, Kentucky or Michigan St (Q2 road wins).   This will probably change as the year goes on but still an interesting observation 

This is a year where the NET needs thrown in the trash. Everything should really be considered neutral with no fans. Eye test will be more important than ever.