Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Game.  Never seen a bigger meltdown.

La Tech was up 17 with 5:55 to play at Western Kentucky last week a choked it away. Definitely one of the biggest chokes I’ve seen this year. Smu choked but I’ve seen a couple this year that have been epic meltdowns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

54 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

These hot-takes don’t take into account what other bubble teams do in that same stretch. I’m seeing “likely” and “probably” being used because these guys are assuming IU takes care of business at home, which has been dicey as of late. And keep in mind, this season, there are more bubble type teams than I can remember in a long time.

Those 'bubble type teams' like Georgetown, Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas are teams that all have 11 to 13 losses already and play in worse conferences.

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

La Tech was up 17 with 5:55 to play at Western Kentucky last week a choked it away. Definitely one of the biggest chokes I’ve seen this year. Smu choked but I’ve seen a couple this year that have been epic meltdowns

SMU seemed to play right into Wichita State's hand....totally let Wichita State control the tempo.  And with the way the game was called (only two fouls called in the first 17 minutes of the second half) you have to apply more pressure than they did....anything to slow the game down and get them out of sync.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

That is where I'm at -- if we are 9-11 and in the play in game we need to win the play in game.

Would be nice if Purdue did us a favor and lost their last two games while we beat Minnesota.  That would keep us out of the play in regardless of what happens in the Wisky game.

Just quoting your post because its the one that reminded me of the website below..

playing around with http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb ...

If all home teams win (minus Maryland @ Rutgers), then hoosiers end as the 9 seed and avoid the play-in day.

Obviously, too many scenarios to play them all  out, but with how difficult it can be to win on the road, its not necessarily unlikely that this could play out in our favor...

It's possible that IU could win both games and still be in the play in if Rutgers beats Maryland and Purdue beats both Rutgers and Iowa.  HOWEVER, being in the play game with a 20-11 record and 10-10 in the conference would have zero relevance to us being in the tournament if we lost the play in.  

If Purdue beats Rutgers and we win only one of two games, I think that we automatically will be in the play in game.  Our tiebreakers are horrible against potential 9 win teams.....we were swept by Purdue, lost to Rutgers, and lost to Michigan.  Technically Minnesota could also end at 9-11 and if our one win against was against them, it would help us in tiebreakers if we beat them.

Conference records are not even on the Team Sheets. Nebraska went 13-5 in the B1G conference a couple years ago and got left out. Ohio St went 8-12 last year and got an at-large bid. Total body of work

I literally copied and pasted the quote from the Selection Committee website where it says they have conference monitoring calls. The members also receive conference monitoring sheets. Ohio State also won 5 road games in conference last season. Of course they look at total body of work, but you said conference wins mean zero and that just simply isn’t true. Spin it any way you want.

I literally copied and pasted the quote from the Selection Committee website where it says they have conference monitoring calls. The members also receive conference monitoring sheets. Ohio State also won 5 road games in conference last season. Of course they look at total body of work, but you said conference wins mean zero and that just simply isn’t true. Spin it any way you want.

i said conference record means 0, conference wins are just viewed as overall wins

I know where you got it. I’ve been fortunate enough to go through a mock selection in downtown Indy at the NCAA head quarters a while back. First thing they told us which I already knew was that each team is viewed as an individual team there is no conference affiliation during team selection. Conference record is not a set criteria for a teams selection. If it was then conference record would be on the team sheet and teams with terrible conference records would not be selected. Washington won the PAC 12 regular season a few years back at 14-4 and teams below them got at large bids while they got left out.

Each committee member is assigned a conference that they are responsible for during the year. Also each conference has a representative that they can contact and give them updates about injuries or anything else.

I’m really not trying to spin anything just bringing what I have learned through the process over my years of doing it. Sorry if you think I’m trying to spin something differently

With unbalanced schedules it would almost be impossible to have conference record as a set criteria. That’s why Nebraska was left out with a 13-5 conference record. They beat up on the lower half and only played the upper half once and lost all of them that year except one game against Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anyone know how our KenPom/NET ranking moved? Saw the Hoosiers were around 38 after ILL game but don’t know what they were at before.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ken Pom remained the same at 38 and NET will not update until tomorrow

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Ken Pom remained the same at 38 and NET will not update until tomorrow

Up 1 to 54, swapped spots with NC State. This late in the season St John's gained 10 spots from 74 to 64.