Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

We better grab 2. Things could get dicey. With 1 it’s going to be fingers crossed on Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I disagree. I think 1 more gets them safely in and even if they lose first round of B1G they will avoid Dayton. Compared to other bubble resumes IU’s will stand out even with 1 bad loss. IU’s only loss to NET top 46 teams. 1 bad loss isn’t going to hurt them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Rhode Island, Georgetown, and Cincy (all bubble teams) lost today and Wichita State (another bubble team) is down 13 to SMU. Don’t be surprised to see IU move up in the NET with a close loss on the road. As I said before, IU just needs one more win and they’re dancing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Rhode Island, Georgetown, and Cincy (all bubble teams) lost today and Wichita State (another bubble team) is down 13 to SMU. Don’t be surprised to see IU move up in the NET with a close loss on the road. As I said before, IU just needs one more win and they’re dancing.

Good news for IU.

If the BTT started today, we'd be the 11 seed and playing on Wednesday. Not sure how to feel about that. Opportunity for an easy win, but at the same time, opportunity for an awful loss. I'd rather not think about a scenario where we lose to Wisconsin next weekend and then lose to Northwestern next week. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

If the BTT started today, we'd be the 11 seed and playing on Wednesday. Not sure how to feel about that. Opportunity for an easy win, but at the same time, opportunity for an awful loss. I'd rather not think about a scenario where we lose to Wisconsin next weekend and then lose to Northwestern next week. 

That is where I'm at -- if we are 9-11 and in the play in game we need to win the play in game.

Would be nice if Purdue did us a favor and lost their last two games while we beat Minnesota.  That would keep us out of the play in regardless of what happens in the Wisky game.

15 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Not good losses for Rhode Island and Georgetown as they were home losses.  Georgetown is now 15-14....don't think even wins over both Creighton and Villanova in their last two gets them in as they would still be just 17-14.  Rhode Island hosts Dayton next game....loss there would eliminate them.  Cincy ends with a couple of games that can only move them up slightly as they bottom half American teams;  losing either will eliminate them.

Also, reiterating for everyone that conference record does matter according to the NCAA Selection Committee.. to what extent, is anyone’s guess.

Conference records are not even on the Team Sheets. Nebraska went 13-5 in the B1G conference a couple years ago and got left out. Ohio St went 8-12 last year and got an at-large bid. Total body of work

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Conference records are not even on the Team Sheets. Nebraska went 13-5 in the B1G conference a couple years ago and got left out. Ohio St went 8-12 last year and got an at-large bid. Total body of work

That is something I agree with......especially since we are now seeing conference games played in the middle of December in the Big Ten.

Huge call.....Wichita State drive to the hoop and make a bucket, contact......ref takes about three seconds and finally calls a block.  Wichita State takes their first lead of the half.

On the other end, SMU players makes a bucket.  SMU up 1