Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

From everything I’ve seen, IU is mostly not even in one of the last 4 byes, meaning they are safely in the field. The way I look at the bubble, Texas and Texas Tech will play each other in the first round of the Big12 Tourney and that is a defacto elimination game. Same goes for the potential 2nd round matchup in the Pac12 with Stanford/UCLA (assuming Stanford beats Cal). So the way I look at it, that means those teams are just going to cancel each other out. That being said, it’s gonna take several bid stealers for IU to come close to being on the cut line. Teams like Georgia, UNC, Minny, DePaul would have to win their conference tourneys for things to start to look hairy. Could be wrong, but the bubble seems very weak this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, jbell833 said:

From everything I’ve seen, IU is mostly not even in one of the last 4 byes, meaning they are safely in the field. The way I look at the bubble, Texas and Texas Tech will play each other in the first round of the Big12 Tourney and that is a defacto elimination game. Same goes for the potential 2nd round matchup in the Pac12 with Stanford/UCLA (assuming Stanford beats Cal). So the way I look at it, that means those teams are just going to cancel each other out. That being said, it’s gonna take several bid stealers for IU to come close to being on the cut line. Teams like Georgia, UNC, Minny, DePaul would have to win their conference tourneys for things to start to look hairy. Could be wrong, but the bubble seems very weak this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yup. Take care of business against Nebraska and they will be in. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/03/10/bracketology-ncaa-tournament-projection-as-of-march-10-2020/

Andy Bottoms has IU as a 10 playing Virginia. He goes in depth with teams on the bubble and does a good job of stating each of their cases for and against.  

I try to be generally positive, but that matchup might just create the worst offensive game ever

He was all over ESPN 2 years ago saying that Trae Young and Oklahoma had to be in the tourney with their 8-10 conference record. Also Candy Stripes Central pointed out on twitter that Lunardi has had 9 teams projected to be in the tourney the last two years with losing conference records. That proves it's all about clicks and views.  

I changed it to 2 years ago for you. Espn had a trae young tracker during other games to show what he was doing at all times and they were definitely push the narrative that Oklahoma did enough early on to get them in the tourney. Lol. Lunardi has been fighting this over .500 for a couple years now. He has written articles on it in the past but he usually ends up putting these teams in his final bracket but he definitely uses his ESPN platform to push his thoughts on topic as long he can
I’m not offended as an IU fan that he has IU in the last 4 in up until this point I’m more offended as a bracketologist after seeing some of his last 4 bye teams.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I changed it to 2 years ago for you. Espn had a trae young tracker during other games to show what he was doing at all times and they were definitely push the narrative that Oklahoma did enough early on to get them in the tourney. Lol. Lunardi has been fighting this over .500 for a couple years now. He has written articles on it in the past but he usually ends up putting these teams in his final bracket but he definitely uses his ESPN platform to push his thoughts on topic as long he can
I’m not offended as an IU fan that he has IU in the last 4 in up until this point I’m more offended as a bracketologist after seeing some of his last 4 bye teams.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thank you!!