Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Arizona is getting worked over at home by the worst team in the Pac12. Have to wonder what kind of position this puts Arizona in. I know the NET has Arizona top 10 but Sagarin has them at 33. Overall record would be 20-11 (10-8 in Pac12) They are 3-7 vs Quad 1, 5-3 vs Quad 2, and 12-1 vs Quads 3/4. They will have 4 sub 60 NET losses (Washington, Oregon State, St. John’s, UCLA) This resume looks similar or worse than ours.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Arkansas' attempt to get back int he conversation probably ended with a loss at Texas A&M today.

Furman lost in the So Con quarterfinals.  Not that bid of deal, but the thought was that the only way East Tennessee St could possibly have a chance of at an at large bid would have been if they lost to Furman in the finals.

16 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Arizona is getting worked over at home by the worst team in the Pac12. Have to wonder what kind of position this puts Arizona in. I know the NET has Arizona top 10 but Sagarin has them at 33. Overall record would be 20-11 (10-8 in Pac12) They are 3-7 vs Quad 1, 5-3 vs Quad 2, and 12-1 vs Quads 3/4. They will have 4 sub 60 NET losses (Washington, Oregon State, St. John’s, UCLA) This resume looks similar or worse than ours.

Have gotten it down to 9 with 14 1/2 left.  Pattern today has been for bubble teams to get down big, come back, and then a shot at the buzzer either wins or loses it.

Dropped to 60 in the NET

Dropped 9 spots after losing in the final minute to B1G Champs and top 25 team?!?! Huh??? Purdue loses to bubble team Rutgers and drops 1 spot. Ok.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dropped 9 spots after losing in the final minute to B1G Champs and top 25 team?!?! Huh??? Purdue loses to bubble team Rutgers and drops 1 spot. Ok.

Too much based on analytics and not enough on actual results IMO.

According to Pomeroy rankings, #iubb (39th) is 7-11 vs. teams ranked higher than them, 12-1 vs. teams ranked lower than them.
According to NET rankings, #iubb (60th) is 9-12 vs. better teams, 10-0 vs. worse teams.

Chronic Hoosier

Too much based on analytics and not enough on actual results IMO.

It is based on actual results. It puts emphasis on margin of defeat and margin of victory instead on just W/L. Therefore it’s trying to be a correlation of the “eye test” and analytics.

Despite building a fairly solid NCAA resume we haven’t looked good in the process except for a handful of games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It is based on actual results. It puts emphasis on margin of defeat and margin of victory instead on just W/L. Therefore it’s trying to be a correlation of the “eye test” and analytics.

Despite building a fairly solid NCAA resume we haven’t looked good in the process except for a handful of games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Problem is with the adj off/def numbers, weighting those too much means a couple of blowouts against decent teams outweigh a whole bunch of losses.