Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

A win Saturday against Wisconsin ensures a first round bye in the bigten tournament but a loss cements IU as the 11 seed. This game has huge implications on both BigTen and NCAA tournament seedings. 

How would we get the 10 seed? If Purdue, Rutgers, Ohio State and Michigan all end up 10-10 like us, they all beat us. We 0-6 against those teams. For us to get the 10 seed, Purdue has to lose AND we have to beat Wisconsin. Just beating Wisconsin won’t help. But if Purdue beats Rutgers then both will be 10-10. Michigan just needs to beat Nebraska or Maryland. Ohio State can still lose to Illinois and MSU and be ahead of us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

How would we get the 10 seed? If Purdue, Rutgers, Ohio State and Michigan all end up 10-10 like us, they all beat us. We 0-6 against those teams. For us to get the 10 seed, Purdue has to lose AND we have to beat Wisconsin. Just beating Wisconsin won’t help. But if Purdue beats Rutgers then both will be 10-10. Michigan just needs to beat Nebraska or Maryland. Ohio State can still lose to Illinois and MSU and be ahead of us.

IU beat OSU in January

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Definitely has implications for NCAA. But a win on Saturday only ensures a CHANCE that IU will get a first round bye next week.

Purdue would have to lose their game on Sunday, or Michigan has to lose both of their remaining games. If neither of those happens, Iu will play on Wednesday regardless of the outcome against Wisconsin.

Yea, I forgot about our tiebreaking loss to Rutgers. We’re pretty much stuck at 11th as I don’t see Michigan losing to Nebraska at home. It’s absolutely crazy to me that a 10-10 conference record could equate to 11th place in this conference. A .500 record has almost always provided a 4th-7th place finish

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Yea, I forgot about our tiebreaking loss to Rutgers. We’re pretty much stuck at 11th as I don’t see Michigan losing to Nebraska at home. It’s absolutely crazy to me that a 10-10 conference record could equate to 11th place in this conference. A .500 record has almost always provided a 4th-7th place finish

yeah last year IU played Ohio state in the 8-9 game and both were 8-12 in conference. This year is stupid 

2 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Michigan is a 17-point favorite over NEB. The more likely scenario is Rutgers beating Purdue at Mackey, which would get us the 10-seed and PU would be the 11-seed. Rutgers hasn’t been good on the road, but their last two games they lost by a point at PSU and beat Maryland by double-digits. So I’d say that’s more likely than NEB beating Michigan. Either way, I don’t care so long as we finish 10-10 in the B1G. 

Question for USPS: scenario is we win Saturday but end up 11 see in BTT and lose first game. Does that put us an 8,9,10 or worse seed in NCAA? Sorry if it's already been discussed

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Michigan is a 17-point favorite over NEB. The more likely scenario is Rutgers beating Purdue at Mackey, which would get us the 10-seed and PU would be the 11-seed. Rutgers hasn’t been good on the road, but their last two games they lost by a point at PSU and beat Maryland by double-digits. So I’d say that’s more likely than NEB beating Michigan. Either way, I don’t care so long as we finish 10-10 in the B1G. 

Agreed. Taking care of business is what I want to see. Then actually performing well in the BigTen tournament. Leave no doubt. 

And I understand the caveat is what others do as well but best guess

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I would say 9 no worse then a 10. They would have 6 Q1 wins and 4 Q2 wins with a top 50 SOS and only 1 bad loss. Teams below IU will have more then 1 bad loss heck some in front of them would have more. Providence is ahead of IU and they got 4 bad losses

Lunardi was on Dakich and was hammering IU and Purdue. Said all they have shown all year was the ability to lose to good teams. He has an axe to grind. He was pushing his teams must finish .500 in conference view. He sounded mad lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lunardi was on Dakich and was hammering IU and Purdue. Said all they have shown all year was the ability to lose to good teams. He has an axe to grind. He was pushing his teams must finish .500 in conference view. He sounded mad lol

How is that all IU has shown? They literally have 3 top 15 Net wins. Not many other teams can boast that...?

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Its been pretty windy in the Northeast recently...

40 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Doesn’t make sense. There are no good teams this year.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Factually, Lunardi had us at a 10 seed before we played at Purdue and at Illinois....we lost both and he moved us up to 9.  We beat Minnesota and then he drops us down to an 11 and one of last four in.

Simply put, he's bad at his job.  Check the bracketmatrix rankings over the last five years....he's 55th out of 133.  Check out this 'website' of the guy who is ranked exactly one spot below him:

http://raleighwxmodels.com/awhuffma/bracketology/bracketology2019.html

The dude is Jimmy the Greek, who would go on CBS and pick point spread winners at a 50% rate.   Lunardi is great at calling coins heads or tails exactly fifty percent of the time.

Wichita State started the game up 7-0 at Memphis.  Memphis now up 18-11.  Bracketmatrix has Wichita State as fifth team above the cut.  Memphis only in 1 out of 86 brackets and not really even on the bubble.

I have Memphis 9th out. AAC is basically just one big bubble conference. Houston is the safest and they are a 8 seed for me. Most dangerous team in the AAC tourney might be UConn