Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

5 minutes ago, hoosierdogg said:

Also giving away games to Arkansas and Maryland . 

As fans we hate those and they stick out to us.  Then you look at teams below us on the S-curve and see they most certainly have had worse things than losing to Arkansas and Maryland.  

7 seed would be fantastic. Not sure if beating Wisconsin, Nebraska, then next team could get us a 7?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
if they beat those teams
Wisky would be another Q1 game that would be a projected 4-5 seed, Nebraska would just be another win away from home which would bring the total to 5. The next game would be a Q1 game against a tournament team. I have them as a 9 now. Depending on what others would do around them they could get to the 7 line. Plus there could be a situation where they get moved a seed line to fit the bracket. That could go up or down if it happened

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, jk34 said:

Just for fun. What if we would happen to beat Wisconsin and win the BTT? What line might that put us on?

Playing in the first day games and winning the BTT?!  That's just bananas.  That'd be one quad 3 win (I'd assume against Neb/NW) and then 3, most likely, quad 3 wins.  At 24-11 win a shitton of quad 1 wins that'd have to get us down to the 6 seed line at minimum.

Providence beats Xavier.  Both were on the 10 seed line of the bracketmatrix coming in.

Clemson loses to Virgnia Tech.  Think that probably ends Clemson as they fall to 15-14.

LSU loses to Arkansas.  Arkansas probably moves up a little higher on the 'out' list, but they still aren't in.  LSU was an 8 seed on the matrix coming in.

Butler beats St.John's.  Butler on the 6 line coming in.

Georgetown losing by 19 to Creighton late.  They're out.

Kansas up 10 in the second half over TCU.  On track to keep their 1 seed.

Villanova up 14 at Seton Hall.  Seton Hall is a 2 on the matrix and Villanova is a 4.

Notre Dame up 7 at half against Florida State.  Could a win over Florida State put them in the conversation for an at large bid?  A win put them at 19-11 and 10-9 in the ACC.

Virginia in a close game in the first half with Miami.

Dayton up 16 against Rhode Island.

For my bracket projections moving forward I will have IU as a lock in the field. I just think with their SOS, number of quality wins and having 0 losses to any team outside the net 47. Plus every loss has been to a tournament team or a team that is in the discussion. Now if they lose their last 2 they might fall to Dayton but I’m not sold on that. my wife and I go to Dayton every year and I love going and not having a dog in the fight and just enjoy the tournament games. If IU falls to Dayton my stress free trip turns into a nervous mess. Wife already said if that happens she will find someone else to go with. Lol

While I think they should be a lock the committee has done some head scratchers in the past (Tulsa? They got in and I didn’t even have them close). So I get that some will still be sweating but I feel they have have done enough to give this fansbase someone to watch for the first time in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For my bracket projections moving forward I will have IU as a lock in the field. I just think with their SOS, number of quality wins and having 0 losses to any team outside the net 47. Plus every loss has been to a tournament team or a team that is in the discussion. Now if they lose their last 2 they might fall to Dayton but I’m not sold on that. my wife and I go to Dayton every year and I love going and not having a dog in the fight and just enjoy the tournament games. If IU falls to Dayton my stress free trip turns into a nervous mess. Wife already said if that happens she will find someone else to go with. Lol

While I think they should be a lock the committee has done some head scratchers in the past (Tulsa? They got in and I didn’t even have them close). So I get that some will still be sweating but I feel they have have done enough to give this fansbase someone to watch for the first time in a while.

I hate to say I have zero worries. Mainly due to our name and we haven’t given them a reason not to put us in. We have the quality wins. No bad losses. 19 wins. Our name is Indiana and we will make them money. I hate to say I would be shocked if that wasn’t enough.

Just for fun. What if we would happen to beat Wisconsin and win the BTT? What line might that put us on?

That would be 5 Q1 games I believe. Depend on what others teams do but they could easily jump to a 5 seed. That’s a crazy to think about but that would double their Q1 total to 10 in just a little over a week. Lol. Whoever wins the B1G tourney is going to get a big seed boost

10 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Notre Dame up 7 at half against Florida State.  Could a win over Florida State put them in the conversation for an at large bid?  

And inch them ever closer to an additional quad 1 win for us? Probably need to make noise in the ACC tournament still to move solidly into the top 50, but its still possible. 

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Playing in the first day games and winning the BTT?!  That's just bananas.  That'd be one quad 3 win (I'd assume against Neb/NW) and then 3, most likely, quad 3 wins.  At 24-11 win a shitton of quad 1 wins that'd have to get us down to the 6 seed line at minimum.

We still have the possibility of getting out of a play in game if we beat Wisky and either Purdue loses to Rutgers or Michigan loses to both Nebraska and Maryland.  Neither is likely, but it's something.  Anyway, being 20-11 and 10-10 in the conference means that our conference tournament is simply to see what our seed will be in the NCAA.

No idea what it would do for seeding but it would be almost as nice as an elite 8 trip. Yeah, yeah I understand elite 8 is great but for a program that has stunk up that tournament almost every year it would be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

That would be 5 Q1 games I believe. Depend on what others teams do but they could easily jump to a 5 seed. That’s a crazy to think about but that would double their Q1 total to 10 in just a little over a week. Lol. Whoever wins the B1G tourney is going to get a big seed boost

Completely agree. It would be nice to one year make that run. Been saying that for 20 years.

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

In your estimation, which happens more often:

1.  A team projected safely in doesn't get in;

2.  A team projected as not being that close does get in.

IMO, it's been #2.  I think for the most part, typically almost all teams that were projected in that miss were bubble teams but there have been a couple head scratchers that have gotten in (Tulsa, UCLA a few years back).

10 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Our name is Indiana and we will make them money. 

Indiana is the kind of team the NCAA hopes can make it every year. We are far too valuable of a brand to not have in the tournament. It just sucks we’ve given them too many reasons to not have us lately, but thankfully I think we are firmly in.