Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

2 hours ago, jbell833 said:

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

The #1 ranked bracketologist just updated his bracket this morning. For those that follow bracketology, he is a must follow. I would also advise to not even bother with Lunardi at ESPN. There’s a reason he’s not ranked in the top 50 among bracketolgoists.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed; Lunardi is a talentless hack. That being said he did just post an insanely intriguing matchup with IU as a 10 seed vs Butler at the 7. Winner plays Dayton in Indy (assuming they don’t lose). No way Butler should be three seeds higher than IU at this point but either way, I would take those matchups any day. 

Agreed; Lunardi is a talentless hack. That being said he did just post an insanely intriguing matchup with IU as a 10 seed vs Butler at the 7. Winner plays Dayton in Indy (assuming they don’t lose). No way Butler should be three seeds higher than IU at this point but either way, I would take those matchups any day. 

Looks like they’d be matched up with Dayton in Cleveland and then a chance to play in Indy in the Sweet 16.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Yeah lunardi is terrible. I still follow his brackets though just for a laugh as that is what gets pushed in the media and shapes some people's perspective. But I too wouldn't mind that draw.

Although the fact he has us as one of the last four teams to receive a bye is utter nonsense. 

Question... would you guys rather have the Hoosiers get slotted a 9, 10, or 11 seed assuming those are the only options? I’m goin with 10 and the hopes of playing SDSU or Dayton second round.

9 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Question... would you guys rather have the Hoosiers get slotted a 9, 10, or 11 seed assuming those are the only options? I’m goin with 10 and the hopes of playing SDSU or Dayton second round.

I like the idea of being a 10 as long as they get one of those two teams you mentioned in the round of 32. 

Just my opinion, but I think this season is way more about building trust in the fan base and building program momentum going forward, as opposed to what happens in the tournament. 
This is one year where I want IU to finish the regular season and BTT as strongly as they possibly can and get as high a seed as possible, even if that means being an 8-seed in that 8/9 matchup and potentially facing a 1 seed in the second round. 
IMO, an 11 seed means IU stumbled over these last 4 games and in the BTT. We need program momentum right now more than anything else. 

Fair point!

Interesting note...with a 6-7 record in Q1 games, #iubb has more Q1 wins than 11 of the top 16 teams in the NET rankings.

The 11 are (in NET order):
Gonzaga
Dayton
San Diego St
Duke
Louisville
Arizona
Florida St
Michigan St
BYU
West Virginia
Texas Tech

Jack Grossman

IF those numbers hold and IF we could beat Wiscy at home and pick off pu or Ill on the road we’d be .500 in quad 1 games at 8-8. I’d take 8 quad 1 wins all day.

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Just my opinion, but I think this season is way more about building trust in the fan base and building program momentum going forward, as opposed to what happens in the tournament. 

This is one year where I want IU to finish the regular season and BTT as strongly as they possibly can and get as high a seed as possible, even if that means being an 8-seed in that 8/9 matchup and potentially facing a 1 seed in the second round. 

IMO, an 11 seed means IU stumbled over these last 4 games and in the BTT. We need program momentum right now more than anything else. 

This is where I’m at with this season. All of you know my expectations for this program. The goal is to compete for conference championships and national championships. I’m fine with just making the tournament this season. It’d build momentum going into next season. Next year is when I expect to be back in the conversation every single year

12 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU moved 6 spots to 52 after the Penn St win

Minny jumped 9 spots 41 after their northwestern win on the road

Massey Composite (48 different rankings) has IU at 32nd...NET at 52 is the lowest of any rankings for IU

https://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

My Rankings

2020.pdf

Massey Composite (48 different rankings) has IU at 32nd...NET at 52 is the lowest of any rankings for IU
https://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm
My Rankings
2020.pdf

That is truly crazy. Hadn’t even looked to notice the difference. It almost feels like we are going to be battling perception for seed rather than resume.

That is truly crazy. Hadn’t even looked to notice the difference. It almost feels like we are going to be battling perception for seed rather than resume.

I think we are as well. I was listening to the moving screen podcast today and they were saying how they would take Purdue and Minnesota’s chances over IU in terms of getting to the tournament. It’s weird how the media perceives IU’s resume.

8 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I think we are as well. I was listening to the moving screen podcast today and they were saying how they would take Purdue and Minnesota’s chances over IU in terms of getting to the tournament. It’s weird how the media perceives IU’s resume.

That just screams ignorance to me. I’d like to think I can look outside of my fan’s perspective to see that. Are we crazy? I mean, Minnesota almost definitely blows and Purdue is an unimpressive 14-14. I just don’t get that. 

Luckily the committee (allegedly) uses a pretty objective set of criteria and our on-paper resume speaks for itself. 

17 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

When was that podcast recorded? Cause Purdue may be literally ineligible for the NIT, never mind the NCAAs

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

When was that podcast recorded? Cause Purdue may be literally ineligible for the NIT, never mind the NCAAs

Unfortunately from looking at NIT bracketeering last year, its not about final record that definitively determines making the NIT. That being said, Penn St last year finished 14-18 but were NET 50, KP 40 on Selection Sunday. They didn't make the NIT's so 'You Play To WIN The Game!' still has some meaning but with Purdon't possibly being top 40 in most metrics they may be the barometer of if results actually matter. #ResultsMatter

Teams don’t have to be .500 to be selected for the NIT however no team has been selected under .500 for the NIT. lol at some podcast that would take Purdue and Minnys chances over IUs. My advice would be don’t listen to that podcast again. Bart Torvik site puts its at 96% chance IU makes the tourney

2.2% to get the auto bid lol