Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

One more win and we are in almost certainly. The best bracketologist had us as a 9 before we won today. 

6 Quad 1 wins for IU now and is good for 2nd most in college basketball. With ZERO Quad 3/4 losses, IU is in A LOT better shape than most realize. Very well could lose out and still get in. Win at least one more whether it’s in the B1G Tourney or regular season and they are LOCKED in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So refreshing to have USPS’s takes on here and someone who truly understands college basketball as well as bracketology. So many people think there’s a magic number (20) with a winning conference record is what gets you into the tourney. I’ve argued with people a handful of times about this and they just don’t understand the inner workings of tourney selections and what is valued and I feel like I’m just wasting my breath on these people. So thank you USPS for providing your insight and knowledge of the game and tourney process. We can always count on you.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Haven’t read many of the posts above, but the NET looks like complete trash! How are we 58 - even before today’s win - when compared to some many other team’s with higher NET! Just looking at VCU immediately above at 57....1 net win. I get they don’t get the opportunities— but their record/ wins are crap. Input on how this (NET) influences tourney inclusion and seeding?

IU moved 6 spots to 52 after the Penn St win

Minny jumped 9 spots 41 after their northwestern win on the road

While IU only moved up 4 spots after they beat Minnesota on the road.

Weird.

I like how we're positioned. One, it's very good when IU is in the tournament. Our fans watch and travel. The selection committee knows that. Two, forget the NET rankings, Lunardi and all the others that like to play games before the season is over. Just last week "Purdue was a lock" to make it on several sites. Give me a break. We have a strong case to make the tournament and can only improve from here. No bad losses, quite a few great wins and a huge win over FSU. I see three scenarios: We finish very strong: Win both home games, possibly win in Lafayette and maybe pick off a B1G tournament game. And with that, we get a 6 seed. We play as expected, go 2-2 to finish the season and *maybe show up for a game in the B1G, 8-9 seed.  We lay an egg, go 1-3 in our final games and lose our first B1G game.  10-12 seed.  Just a guess, but I'm guessing an accurate guess, wouldn't you guess?

8 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I like how we're positioned. One, it's very good when IU is in the tournament. Our fans watch and travel. The selection committee knows that. Two, forget the NET rankings, Lunardi and all the others that like to play games before the season is over. Just last week "Purdue was a lock" to make it on several sites. Give me a break. We have a strong case to make the tournament and can only improve from here. No bad losses, quite a few great wins and a huge win over FSU. I see three scenarios: We finish very strong: Win both home games, possibly win in Lafayette and maybe pick off a B1G tournament game. And with that, we get a 6 seed. We play as expected, go 2-2 to finish the season and *maybe show up for a game in the B1G, 8-9 seed.  We lay an egg, go 1-3 in our final games and lose our first B1G game.  10-12 seed.  Just a guess, but I'm guessing an accurate guess, wouldn't you guess?

Sure, I guess. 

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

The #1 ranked bracketologist just updated his bracket this morning. For those that follow bracketology, he is a must follow. I would also advise to not even bother with Lunardi at ESPN. There’s a reason he’s not ranked in the top 50 among bracketolgoists.

2 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

The #1 ranked bracketologist just updated his bracket this morning. For those that follow bracketology, he is a must follow. I would also advise to not even bother with Lunardi at ESPN. There’s a reason he’s not ranked in the top 50 among bracketolgoists.

Not a bad bracket. No shame losing to Virginia but if we were to win good chance to go to Sweet Sixteen

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

I guess your guess is as good as any guess.LOL

47 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

It's funny to me how many people still think Lunardi is the go-to guy. Then it occurred to me that us IU fans have sort of been forced to understand the system and bracketologists a little more than others have over the past 2 seasons. I've personally become far more familiar with how the quad systems and NET rankings work, which bracketologists to pay attention to while laughing off Lunardi. I work with 2 Kansas fans who last season and this season have only talked about where Lunardi predicts us to be, and last season were still even talking about RPI. They're knowledgable college hoops fans, but they've never had to care about being on the bubble so they just see what Lunardi says and assume it's accurate enough. 

Ohio State as a 5 seed seems high to me. What have they done to separate them so much from IU? Schedule seems near identical - both have similar class of wins/loses and an identical record.

Ohio State as a 5 seed seems high to me. What have they done to separate them so much from IU? Schedule seems near identical - both have similar class of wins/loses and an identical record.

Big non conference wins to catapult them.

Villanova

Kentucky

Cincinnati

And a now bad UNC who is WAY better than their record.

But mostly Villanova and Kentucky.

Big non conference wins to catapult them.

Villanova

Kentucky

Cincinnati

And a now bad UNC who is WAY better than their record.

But mostly Villanova and Kentucky.

Win @ Michigan and home win vs Maryland are really good wins in conference as well