Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

My work here will be done when people understand that my system is trying to predict how teams will do going forward and is not trying to measure accomplishment (which is what NCAA selection should be based on).
Ken Pom

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I completely get Pom and love his work.  But the NCAA talking heads are obviously aware of his numbers when they are selecting teams and I've heard them mention his ratings.  That's out and out wrong.

50 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

My work here will be done when people understand that my system is trying to predict how teams will do going forward and is not trying to measure accomplishment (which is what NCAA selection should be based on).
Ken Pom

Speaking of which, anyone know how Pomeroy projects the remaining five games to go?

According to that, we’d be playing Saint Mary’s in the 8/9 game and San Diego State with a win.

That’s just his S-Curve
Here is his bracket

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

A play in as of today? No way.

Lunardi’s problem is that he lets his own personal beliefs on certain things he feels is most important get in the way of what he is suppose to do and that’s trying to predict what the committee would do. But since he is the most well known bracketoligist on the biggest stage he can get away with it. This is why he is 55th. Example when IU got a 10 seed a while back he had them as his first team out. Everyone went crazy on here saying IU was not going to get in because of it. I tried to tell people that IU wasn’t even close to cut line from the resume they had. IU ended up being a 10 and Ohio St was even behind them in the S-Curve. Before that selection show they asked lunardi if their is a team that he struggled placing and he admitted that IU will probably be in the field but he couldn’t justify putting them in his projection with their long losing streak at the time. That’s fine if he feels that way but the job is to project what the committee will do.

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

Well according to his bracket we would get TTU and then Gonzaga. Goodness that would be awful. 

I’ll repeat what I’ve been saying all year. Every team this year objectively stinks, including ours. The quality of play and the level of talent is down across the country. Because this is the case, we have as much of a chance to make the Final Four as we do to miss the tournament. 

And for the record, the Big Ten is not a good conference this year. It's considered deep because we have nine average teams and one or two decent teams. Most of the other conferences only have a few decent teams and very few average teams.

There is no team to beat and no team can be taken for granted. 

2 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I’ll repeat what I’ve been saying all year. Every team this year objectively stinks, including ours. The quality of play and the level of talent is down across the country. Because this is the case, we have as much of a chance to make the Final Four as we do to miss the tournament. 

And for the record, the Big Ten is not a good conference this year. It's considered deep because we have nine average teams and one or two decent teams. Most of the other conferences only have a few decent teams and very few average teams.

There is no team to beat and no team can be taken for granted. 

While I agree that College Basketball is down and the tournament will be wild, playing Chris Beard and TTU in round 1 and Gonzaga in Spokane in round 2 is less than ideal EVEN for this year.