Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

What is your opinion of Purdue’s resume v IU’s? purdue schedule had been tougher....but certainly not 4 losses tougher IMO 

Both overall SOS’s are close. IU’s non conference results is the difference for me. Purdue lost most of their big games and IU won most of theirs. I think IU is in better shape for an at-large bid even with Purdue winning the head to head. Purdue’s problem is the number of overall wins. Same problem IU had last year. Purdue needs to find a way to get to 4 games over .500 or I dont think they will have a chance  

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t get the love for Michigan State. Maybe that’s just me. They are 17-9 and 9-6 now in the Big Ten. 4-7 against Q1 and 5-1 against Q2.

Compared to IU, who before today was 47 spots lower, that 4-7 against Q1 and 2-1 against Q2.

MSU right now has a resume built on Q2.

Michigan State, Arizona and Texas Tech are the only 3 teams in the Top 20 NET with losing records to Q1.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don’t get the love for Michigan State. Maybe that’s just me. They are 17-9 and 9-6 now in the Big Ten. 4-7 against Q1 and 5-1 against Q2.

Compared to IU, who before today was 47 spots lower, that 4-7 against Q1 and 2-1 against Q2.

MSU right now has a resume built on Q2.

Michigan State, Arizona and Texas Tech are the only 3 teams in the Top 20 NET with losing records to Q1.

Historical bias. Those program names hold more cache. (Right now, sadly)

Blind resumes at the top today

Put them in order most deserving to least deserving

Team A

23-2

Net-5

Q1a-(0-2)

Q1b-(3-0)

Q2a-(3-0)

Q2b-(3-0)

Q-3-(7-0)

Q4-(7-0)

Sos-(38)

Non con sos (36)

SOR-10

Team B

21-4

Net-7

Q1a-(3-4)

Q1b-(4-0)

Q2a-(3-0)

Q2b-(2-0)

Q3-(3-0)

Q4-(6-0)

Sos-33

Non con sos-70

SOR-5

Team C

22-3

Net-6

Q1a-(3-1)

Q1b-(2-0)

Q2a-(3-1)

Q2b-(2-0)

Q3-(9-1)

Q4-(3-0)

Sos-14

Non con sos-7

SOR-6

Team D

26-1

Net-3

Q1a-(3-0)

Q1b-(2-1)

Q2a-(1-0)

Q2b-(2-0)

Q3-(9-0)

Q4-(9-0)

Sos-164

Non con sos-271

SOR-4

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Blind resumes at the top today

Put them in order most deserving to least deserving

Team A

23-2

Net-5

Q1a-(0-2)

Q1b-(3-0)

Q2a-(3-0)

Q2b-(3-0)

Q-3-(7-0)

Q4-(7-0)

Sos-(38)

Non con sos (36)

SOR-10

Team B

21-4

Net-7

Q1a-(3-4)

Q1b-(4-0)

Q2a-(3-0)

Q2b-(2-0)

Q3-(3-0)

Q4-(6-0)

Sos-33

Non con sos-70

SOR-5

Team C

22-3

Net-6

Q1a-(3-1)

Q1b-(2-0)

Q2a-(3-1)

Q2b-(2-0)

Q3-(9-1)

Q4-(3-0)

Sos-14

Non con sos-7

SOR-6

Team D

26-1

Net-3

Q1a-(3-0)

Q1b-(2-1)

Q2a-(1-0)

Q2b-(2-0)

Q3-(9-0)

Q4-(9-0)

Sos-164

Non con sos-271

SOR-4

c b a d

Usps chronicling Indiana’s diminishing tourney hopes is a sad, sad, annual tradition for me. It started late Crean years when I had it with Crean and Indiana. Now Archie carries on the tradition.

I DO appreciate the effort you put out and share. This isn’t a knock. It truly has become an odd repeating spiral of doom and gloom.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Usps chronicling Indiana’s diminishing tourney hopes is a sad, sad, annual tradition for me. It started late Crean years when I had it with Crean and Indiana. Now Archie carries on the tradition.

I DO appreciate the effort you put out and share. This isn’t a knock. It truly has become an odd repeating spiral of doom and gloom.

That will never change. Always happy to bring the bracketology side of things to the board whether it is good or bad news for IU. Not always easy for me being so invested in IU to see how the season ends up but I love doing it. Here is hoping this year ends with them projected in the field on selection Sunday

Team A= Dayton

Team B= Maryland

Team C= Duke

Team D= Gonzaga

Wow, I had team B at the top and did not realize Maryland’s been that good. Impressed by those 7 Q1 games and those were only losses. Can this be the year Turgeon makes a run?

On 2/15/2020 at 9:38 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Both overall SOS’s are close. IU’s non conference results is the difference for me. Purdue lost most of their big games and IU won most of theirs. I think IU is in better shape for an at-large bid even with Purdue winning the head to head. Purdue’s problem is the number of overall wins. Same problem IU had last year. Purdue needs to find a way to get to 4 games over .500 or I dont think they will have a chance  

They lost a game they were in tonight at Wisky, dropping them to 14-13.  They do have three home games left (Michigan, IU, and Rutgers) and one road game (at Iowa) but going 3-1 in the last four still just leaves them 17-14.  They have three road wins, but their best is at IU and they have a pair of quad three losses to boot.  Killer SOS, but 17-14 is 17-14.....and short of winning two in the BTT the only way they can finished 4 over .500 is to sweep their last four games.

On 2/17/2020 at 7:02 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You think that's sad? Two years ago, I did an NIT bubble watch, monitoring what each conference's top seed was doing in its conference tourney to see if we could somehow steal an NIT bid. (Spoiler alert: we missed the NIT that year) 

Massive top 45
Quad 1 road win for the Hoosiers tonight for their resume

I’m going to guess IU moves up 8 spots tomorrow in the NET hopefully more.

Nothing has changed they still have work to do.

If they win 2 more games in the regular season they are going to be dancing

Massive top 45

Quad 1 road win for the Hoosiers tonight for their resume

I’m going to guess IU moves up 8 spots tomorrow in the NET hopefully more.

Nothing has changed they still have work to do.

If they win 2 more games in the regular season they are going to be dancing

No reason at all not to get 2. Should win all the home games. But I’ll be nervous for every one because scoring still doesn’t come easy for this squad.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow I was so caught up in the IU game last night that I never checked my phone to see the wonderful gift that pUKE lost again. Work is going to be sooo fun today! We got 1 guy who is a pUKE fan that trashes everyone else that’s a IU, UofL, or pUKe fan every chance he gets. I even put up a sign that says No Dookies Allowed! I actually called that loss with the pUKe fans a couple weeks ago looking at their remaining schedule!

Cincinnati and Georgetown hurt their resumes tonight as Cincy lost at home to Central Florida and Georgetown lost at home to Providence.  Flip side NC State helped themselves out by beating Duke.  SMU had a killer loss at Tulane.

I feel like as long as we can win 3 games we are undoubtedly in, and 2 more wins puts us on the bubble but in with 19 wins. Mike Decourcey has said that the bubble is so bad this year that IU should be in.

Just take care of home court the rest of the way!