Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

USPS - No one I know follows this stuff more closely than you do.  What's your assessment of Delphi Bracketology?

Delphi Bracketology @DelphiBrackets

Indiana a 7 seed in our latest bracket.  Indiana vs St Mary’s in Greensboro.   Playing the winner of West Virginia vs Little Rock.

USPS - No one I know follows this stuff more closely than you do.  What's your assessment of Delphi Bracketology?
Indiana a 7 seed in our latest bracket.  Indiana vs St Mary’s in Greensboro.   Playing the winner of West Virginia vs Little Rock.

They do a really good job. The lead guy Brian is a teacher and he has a club for students that meet each week to form their own committee. He does stuff for Assembly Call as well. He is a really nice guy to talks hoops with

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Uhhhh can you say Sweet 16?

I know trying to make sense of Lunardi's projections is an exercise in futility, but I'd love to know how we went from a 6 to an 8 after beating MSU and losing by a point to Maryland while Purdue went from a 12 to a 10 after getting drilled by Illinois and beating unranked Wisconsin. 

On 1/24 after IU had beaten MSU, Lunardi had IU as a 9 seed so they actually went up a seed after narrowly losing to Maryland.

Texas Tech has a big stretch this week. West Virginia at home and then trip to Kansas on road. They need to start winning some Q1 games. As of today I would have them out

Texas Tech
Net- 38
Q1-(1-7) Louisville
Q2-(2-0)
Q3-(1-0)
Q4-(8-0) all 230 or lower

Sos-89
Non con sos-177
1-3 on the road

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Opposite of Texas Tech 2 teams that have really solid resumes that some might of thought would not be that solid was West Virginia and Creighton

WV

Net-7

Q1-(3-2)

Q2-(7-1)

Q3-(3-0)

Q4-(3-0)

Sos

Non con sos

3-3 in road games

That’s a resume worthy of a 2 seed and consideration for a 1 (needs more Q1)

Creighton

Net-24

Q1-(5-5)

Q2-(2-0)

Q3-(4-0)

Q4-(4-0) and 1 non D1 win

Sos-45

Non con sos-165

Road games (3-3)

That’s a 5 seed resume to me

6 hours ago, jbell833 said:

On 1/24 after IU had beaten MSU, Lunardi had IU as a 9 seed so they actually went up a seed after narrowly losing to Maryland.

IU also went up on the Bracket Project after the one point loss to Maryland which currently is the accumulative predictions of 98 different posted brackets, so Lunardi is not alone.

Here is what the current accumulative predictions say (number in parentheses is how many out of 98 brackets the team appears in):
Michigan State:  average prediction 3.14.  11th best rating, so overall 3rd seed.  (98)

Maryland:  avg 3.92, 15th overall, so 4th seed.  (98)

Iowa:  avg 4.97, 18th overall, so 5th seed. (98)

Penn State:  avg 6.11, 23rd overall, so 6th seed (98)

Illinois:  avg 6.65, 24th overall, so 6 seed (98)

Rutgers:  avg 6.92, 25th overall, so 7 seed (97)

Wisconsin:  avg 7.58, 29th overall, so 8 seed (97)

Ohio State:  avg 7.97, 30th overall, so 8 seed (98)

Indiana:  avg 8.28, 32nd overall, so 8 seed (97)

Michigan:  avg 8.99, 35th overall, so 9 seed (90)

Purdue:  avg 10.59, 42nd overall, so 11seed (64)

Minnesota:  avg 10.79, 43rd overall, so 11 seed (74)

Couple things to monitor in the next week as it goes for IU’s resume. La Tech is getting closer to the number where that win would be a Q2 win. On the flip side UConn is a home loss tonight to falling below 100 and that would make that a Q3. UConn is in a funk and cannot win a close game. I do feel that when it’s all said and done both of these will be Q2 but it’s something to keep track of

On 1/28/2020 at 2:20 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Delphi with Live discussions on now ...

Where things stand on Super Bowl Sunday.

A few thoughts first. Last years team was unable to stop the bleeding of a losing streak by winning home games against middle of the pack B1G teams. When IU was 1-2 in the B1G this year I said IU would have to find a way to win 9 conference regular season games and unlike like last year win their home games against other teams fighting for a bid.

These will be NET numbers

IU is currently on a 3 game losing streak with a heartbreaking home loss to 11, and road losses to 20, 22

While these losses are not bad I think it is safe to say that IU fans would feel a lot better about their team if in these losses IU played better. If say IU played as hard as Texas Tech has in their losses maybe the losses wouldn’t sting as much. Maybe that’s true but I’m guessing Tech fans are just as worried as IU fans when it comes to making the tournament and up until this point they are probably in worse shape then IU. I guess my point is even if you want your team to look better in losses they ultimately are still losses.

Every new season is unique in its own way and this year is no different. In years past losing 3 in a row would be cause for panic but this year it seems to be happening in every conference. I’m not justifying it just pointing it out

Teams have to take advantage of home games to stop the bleeding. Can this years IU team write their own story and do this or will they fall further down and let last years losing infect this team.

Teams with 3 or more game losing streaks in the Net top 50

Butler (won next game at home)
Ohio St(won next game at home)
Stanford(won next game at home)
Penn St(won next game at home)
Texas Tech (won next game neutral)
Michigan(won next game at Neb)
Florida(won next game at Vandy)
Miss St(won next game at home)
Minny(won next game at home)
Xavier(won next game at home)
And now IU has a 3 game losing streak (? TBD)

IU
Net-52
Q1-(3-6)
Q2-2-1)
Q3-(4-0)
Q4-(5-0)

Sos-39
Non con sos-47
Ave net loss-22
Overall record
15-7
Upcoming game
Purdue-37
Iowa-24
@Mich-31
@Minny-41
Penn St-23
@Purdue-37
@Illinois-29
Minny-41
Wisky-32

Every game is with a team with a higher net moving forward. IU’s season and tournament hopes comes down to can IU find a way to win 4 games from that group. If they can they will be in the tourney and if they cannot then they will have work to do in B1G tourney.

Reminder this is a thread to discuss their resume this isn’t the thread to discuss whether or not IU should or should not be satisfied with making the tourney. Plenty of threads for that Hoosier fans.

Who does everyone got in the big game today.......

I got Iowa beating Illinois

Enjoy the super bowl folks. I got Kansas City

Where things stand on Super Bowl Sunday.

A few thoughts first. Last years team was unable to stop the bleeding of a losing streak by winning home games against middle of the pack B1G teams. When IU was 1-2 in the B1G this year I said IU would have to find a way to win 9 conference regular season games and unlike like last year win their home games against other teams fighting for a bid.

These will be NET numbers

IU is currently on a 3 game losing streak with a heartbreaking home loss to 11, and road losses to 20, 22

While these losses are not bad I think it is safe to say that IU fans would feel a lot better about their team if in these losses IU played better. If say IU played as hard as Texas Tech has in their losses maybe the losses wouldn’t sting as much. Maybe that’s true but I’m guessing Tech fans are just as worried as IU fans when it comes to making the tournament and up until this point they are probably in worse shape then IU. I guess my point is even if you want your team to look better in losses they ultimately are still losses.

Every new season is unique in its own way and this year is no different. In years past losing 3 in a row would be cause for panic but this year it seems to be happening in every conference. I’m not justifying it just pointing it out

Teams have to take advantage of home games to stop the bleeding. Can this years IU team write their own story and do this or will they fall further down and let last years losing infect this team.

Teams with 3 or more game losing streaks in the Net top 50

Butler (won next game at home)
Ohio St(won next game at home)
Stanford(won next game at home)
Penn St(won next game at home)
Texas Tech (won next game neutral)
Michigan(won next game at Neb)
Florida(won next game at Vandy)
Miss St(won next game at home)
Minny(won next game at home)
Xavier(won next game at home)
And now IU has a 3 game losing streak (? TBD)

IU
Net-52
Q1-(3-6)
Q2-2-1)
Q3-(4-0)
Q4-(5-0)

Sos-39
Non con sos-47
Ave net loss-22
Overall record
15-7
Upcoming game
Purdue-37
Iowa-24
@Mich-31
@Minny-41
Penn St-23
@Purdue-37
@Illinois-29
Minny-41
Wisky-32

Every game is with a team with a higher net moving forward. IU’s season and tournament hopes comes down to can IU find a way to win 4 games from that group. If they can they will be in the tourney and if they cannot then they will have work to do in B1G tourney.

Reminder this is a thread to discuss their resume this isn’t the thread to discuss whether or not IU should or should not be satisfied with making the tourney. Plenty of threads for that Hoosier fans.

Who does everyone got in the big game today.......

I got Iowa beating Illinois

Enjoy the super bowl folks. I got Kansas City

Are u still 98 percent sure iu makes the tournament? I got niners 35 to 24

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Are u still 98 percent sure iu makes the tournament? I got niners 35 to 24

If they win 4 more games yes. I said if they got 9 conference wins in the regular season then I was 98% they would make the tournament. Weeks ago I posted
Win 5 more and they are playing for seeding
Win 4 more and they are playing in the tournament
Win 3 more and they will be on the bubble with a chance to make it

If they win 4 more games yes. I said if they got 9 conference wins in the regular season then I was 98% they would make the tournament. Weeks ago I posted
Win 5 more and they are playing for seeding
Win 4 more and they are playing in the tournament
Win 3 more and they will be on the bubble with a chance to make it

Oh I thought you were saying you were 98 percent sure they would. If they get to 19 wins I think they make it also. Just not sure they get those wins right now.