Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

I was young enough to remember people saying the Non conference SOS was an embarrassment and unacceptable. I knew it wouldn’t be an embarrassment but I also didn’t think it had a chance to be a top 50 non con schedule. It will definitely be on of IU’s strengths on its resume. Overall SOS is still projecting to be top 15

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What was our overall SOS last season?

This is how I see the B1G moving forward
Locks
1. Sparty
2. Maryland

Work to do in no order

3. Illinois
4. IU
5. Michigan
6. Wisky
7. Iowa
8. Minny
9. Rutgers
10. Purdue
11. Penn St
12. Ohio St

B1G record for most bids was 8 so history tells you 4 of the teams from 3-12 are going to fall off. Possible they set a new record and get 9 or 10.
Crazy to think 2 of these teams will have to play on the first day of the B1G tourney

Have to win the conference tournament

13. Northwestern
14. Nebraska

Last 2 months is going to be crazy in the B1G

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Locks
1. Sparty
2. Maryland

Work to do in no order

3. Illinois
4. IU
5. Michigan
6. Wisky
7. Iowa
8. Minny
9. Rutgers
10. Purdue
11. Penn St
12. Ohio St

B1G record for most bids was 8 so history tells you 4 of the teams from 3-12 are going to fall off. Possible they set a new record and get 9 or 10.
Crazy to think 2 of these teams will have to play on the first day of the B1G tourney

13. Northwestern
14. Nebraska

If Michigan can get to 8 conference wins, they are a lock because of what they did early in the year. But at 7-13 in conference, that just won’t cut it. So they have to go 6-8 over the next 14 I would say.

If Michigan can get to 8 conference wins, they are a lock because of what they did early in the year. But at 7-13 in conference, that just won’t cut it. So they have to go 6-8 over the next 14 I would say.

North Carolina is a Quad 3 win. They might get in with only 8 conference wins but I wouldn’t call it a lock

The B1G tournament should be brutal this year. Could be an upset fest considering the number of teams capable of playing well. Maybe we finally get a tourney championship.

Locks
1. Sparty
2. Maryland

Work to do in no order

3. Illinois
4. IU
5. Michigan
6. Wisky
7. Iowa
8. Minny
9. Rutgers
10. Purdue
11. Penn St
12. Ohio St

13. Northwestern
14. Nebraska

Agree with everything except I think the Big Ten gets 10-11 versus 9 or 10. Can’t see the committee leaving out three teams outside of Nebraska and Northwestern.

14 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Agree with everything except I think the Big Ten gets 10-11 versus 9 or 10. Can’t see the committee leaving out three teams outside of Nebraska and Northwestern.

I could see them leaving out three other Big Ten teams besides Nebraska and Northwestern.

Minny currently sits at 10-8 (4-4) they have 6 remaining home games.  If they only win those homes games they'll end up at 16-14.  If they're able to get a road win that's still only 17-13 going into the BTT.  They'd need to win one or two in the tourney.

pu is also currently at 10-8 (3-4) they have 7 home games remaining to get to 17 wins.  They would probably have to win a game or two in the BTT as well.  Them winning @NW or another road game would obviously help.

Penn State at 13-5 (3-4), Michigan 11-6 (2-4), and O$U 12-6 (2-5) all could miss if they don't get things headed back in the right direction soon.

Is it more likely that the Big Ten gets 9-10 or 10-11?  I see it as more likely at 9 with a 10th being close.

Minnesota is my pick for the team most likely to fall off the pace.  Brutal non-con, but they didn't beat anyone of note.....they beat Clemson and Oklahoma State at Minnesota, but both of those teams are 9-8 and likely to finish with losing records.

Minnesota is currently sitting at 10-8 and I could see them losing their next three:  at Ohio State, home to Michigan State, and at Illinois.  Do that and they are 10-11 and in scramble mode.

Don't know if any of you follow the Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix, but they are usually pretty accurate.  They accumulate all of the pundits brackets and give an accumulated prediction.

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Here is what the have for the Big Ten through 1/19 using 79 brackets posted by different sites:

Michigan State:  3rd seed, 9th overall, in all 79 brackets

Maryland:  4th seed, 15th overall, in all 79 brackets

Ohio State:  5th seed, 20th overall, in all 79 brackets

Michigan:  6th seed, 21st overall, in 78 brackets

Iowa: 6th seed, 23rd overall, in all 79 brackets

Wisconsin:  7th seed, 26th overall, in 77 brackets

Penn State:  8th seed, 30th overall, in 76 brackets

Rutgers:  8th seed, 31st overall, in 75 brackets

Illinois: 9th seed, 33rd overall, in 75 brackets

Indiana:  9th seed, 34th overall, in 78 brackets

Purdue:  10th seed, 40th overall, in 70 brackets

Minnesota:  11th seed (play in game), in 44 brackets

I’m going to take my first real big look inside the team sheets Sunday. Looking forward to it. Just by quick glance West Virginia has a sneaky good resume

Curious to see if you think we are a 9 seed right now like many do.

I just can’t see a team that is 15-4 with 3 quad 1 wins and no bad losses only being a 9.

Curious to see if you think we are a 9 seed right now like many do.

I just can’t see a team that is 15-4 with 3 quad 1 wins and no bad losses only being a 9.

Closer to 7 just at a quick glance. FWIW Dave has IU has a 7 as of now

This guy is the best in the business

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

Palm actually had IU as a 6 seed last I checked his bracket