Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

IMO, Team C's SOS is a mirage and a product of the messed up system that is used for SOS.  As I've said prior, an NCAA team that plays a team ranked #1 and #360 is ranked as the same toughness as one that plays one team at #180 and one at #181.  But a team that plays the first schedule that is a bubble team is almost certain to go 1-1 while a bubble team playing the second set is most likely to go 2-0.  Team C has played 9 games in Quad 3 -- ones that should result in very rare losses for bubble teams.

Bubble teams almost always will have some Q3 losses and some will have Q 4. All bubble teams are on the bubble for a reason the ones that separate themselves are the ones that show they can wins games against tournament quality teams.
Washington’s quad 3 losses are @ California and at home to UCLA

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we’re going to see a ton of similar resumes come selection Sunday. I don’t have a feel on who would clearly be worthy of a top 4 seed, the next group, and then the bubble teams.

It seems like the entirety of college basketball could be a 1 seed in one game and miss the tourney in the next. Baffling!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

27 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Interesting

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s really interesting. So the conclusion you can draw from that then, is that the polls maybe give a team credit for simply playing more Quad 1 games even if they lose them. So basically strength of schedule. So if IU would have played in Maui or another higher profile early season tourney and gotten beat by KS or KY, say, then we might be ranked at 11-5 instead of our current situation unranked at 13-3?? Some strange logic. 

34 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

That’s really interesting. So the conclusion you can draw from that then, is that the polls maybe give a team credit for simply playing more Quad 1 games even if they lose them. So basically strength of schedule. So if IU would have played in Maui or another higher profile early season tourney and gotten beat by KS or KY, say, then we might be ranked at 11-5 instead of our current situation unranked at 13-3?? Some strange logic. 

But Ohio State's SOS was 168 in non-con and Indiana's was 190, so not any kind of difference (Pom ratings).  So what explains their ranking?

40 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Probably more how they have looked in their losses and even wins in our case 

B1G teams true road wins overall not just B1G games

Sparty 2-1
Maryland 0-4
Ohio St 1-3
Rutgers 1-3
Wisky- 3-2
Michigan 0-4
Iowa 3-2
Purdue 1-4
Illinois 2-3
Penn St 1-3