Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Well they are at best a mediocre team. We will have to see how they end up doing in conference. Fans are going to perceive this season differently and will likely be more harsh on the selections of the committee.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I agree with you more than most people here, well basically all of them, but on this yeah I think you are wrong. They seem to be decent team

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

People are going to do what people do so if they want to lump them in with cupcakes that’s their choice. Bottom line IU has an overall SOS of 38 and Non conference SOS of 52. Cupcakes or no cupcakes IU’s SOS shouldn’t be viewed as a negative or reason why IU won’t make the tournament

Oh I know people will do what they want. But I still wanted to draw light on the fact that IU didn’t play 7 gimmes. And one of those 7 (Louisiana Tech) will actually be a GOOD win when it is all said in done.

As it stands right now only 3 teams on IU’s schedule are outside the top 200 in the NET.

Well they are at best a mediocre team. We will have to see how they end up doing in conference. Fans are going to perceive this season differently and will likely be more harsh on the selections of the committee.

I’m kind of shocked by your take on La Tech. They seem like the type of mid major team you usually fight for when we are discussing mid-major teams vs middle of the pack high major teams. La Techs problem will be conference USA will give them no chance at quality wins and if they slip up on the road they are going to get crushed in the NET. North Texas and western Kentucky are probably their best chances for wins and those 2 are around 110.

I’m kind of shocked by your take on La Tech. They seem like the type of mid major team you usually fight for when we are discussing mid-major teams vs middle of the pack high major teams. La Techs problem will be conference USA will give them no chance at quality wins and if they slip up on the road they are going to get crushed in the NET. North Texas and western Kentucky are probably their best chances for wins and those 2 are around 110.

They need to dominate the C-USA. Plain and simple. It’s not what it used to be about 20 years ago obviously, but teams from the C-USA have made noise in March before. Middle Tennessee beat Michigan State who was a 2 seed and then Minnesota the next season who was a 5 seed. So we will see what they do. But they didn’t have the looks of being anything special when they played us.

NET doesn’t reward squeaking by someone you should easily beat at home. IU falls to 53 down 7 spots. Northwestern jumps up 19 spots to 148.

For those that were worried about Kentucky’s NET and how it was low. Wildcats have made their way up to 26.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

NET doesn’t reward squeaking by someone you should easily beat at home. IU falls to 53 down 7 spots. Northwestern jumps up 19 spots to 148.

For those that were worried about Kentucky’s NET and how it was low. Wildcats have made their way up to 26.

But hey, since IU barely squeaked by Northwestern is now a quad 3 win instead of a quad 4 lol

But hey, since IU barely squeaked by Northwestern is now a quad 3 win instead of a quad 4 lol

Some people out there playing chess while we sit back playing checkers. Queen me!

14 of the next 15 games will be against NET top 50 teams. This will be the case for every B1G team moving forward. With the ACC and SEC down the B1G could look to break the record of 8 teams sent for the conference. Old Big East has the record of 11 out of 16 teams got bids. Crazy year. Road in the B1G is a lonely dark place for road teams

Blind resume time
Quad 1 and 2 are broken up in A and B categories

Team A

Net-22

Q1a. Q1b. Q2a. Q2b. Q3. Q4.
0-2. 1-0. 1-1. 4-0. 6-0

Sos. Non con sos
83. 152

Team B

Net-35

Q1a. Q1b. Q2a. Q2b. Q3. Q4
1-2. 0-3. 1-0. 8-0

Sos. Non con sos
118. 260

Team C
Net- 51

Q1a Q1b Q2a. Q2b. Q3. Q4
1-2. 1-0. 0-1. 1-1. 3-2. 6-0

Sos. Non con sos
29. 37.

2 teams are in the current top 25 and the other one has been in the top 25.

IU resume is here if you want to compare to these 3

Net-37

Q1a. Q1b. Q2a. Q2b. Q3. Q4.
0-2. 2-1. 2-0. 4-0. 5-0

Sos. Non con sos
45. 43

These Sos numbers are straight from the team sheets.

Out of the 3 who would you guys take? Or do you need more information?

I think I’ll stick with C. If we’re an option no question I’ll take that resume over the other 3, but I’ll take C out of the blind ones. 

For sure I would take IU’s out of the 3. I wanted to compare some others that were in the top 25 just to give people an idea of where things stand today regarding IU’s resume

Team A- Memphis

Team B- Texas Tech

Team C- Washington

I would of taken team C as well

IMO, Team C's SOS is a mirage and a product of the messed up system that is used for SOS.  As I've said prior, an NCAA team that plays a team ranked #1 and #360 is ranked as the same toughness as one that plays one team at #180 and one at #181.  But a team that plays the first schedule that is a bubble team is almost certain to go 1-1 while a bubble team playing the second set is most likely to go 2-0.  Team C has played 9 games in Quad 3 -- ones that should result in very rare losses for bubble teams.