Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Portland St game thread 11/9 @ 2 pm BTN+

Happy for the win. But continued poor 3-point shooting will plague this team against better competition. Green may or may not help in that department. Green is streaky so when he's on that's great. When he's not he'll be like Phinisee was today.  Durham, Smith, and Jackson-Davis are carrying this club although Race Thompson had his best game as a Hoosier.

2 minutes ago, Dhop said:

Duke and UNC put up 89 and 78 points respectively against teams that would have probably lost to Portland State today.
Man! I can’t believe how bad they suck this year!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Duke won by 30+  UNC was on the road. And this isn’t a one game problem. 

2 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Happy for the win. But continued poor 3-point shooting will plague this team against better competition. Green may or may not help in that department. Green is streaky so when he's on that's great. When he's not he'll be like Phinisee was today.  Durham, Smith, and Jackson-Davis are carrying this club although Race Thompson had his best game as a Hoosier.

I don’t think I we will ever be a live or die by the 3 team like under Crean. Which gave us exceptional 3 pt shooting teams occasionally. I think the ceiling of a Archie team shooting the 3 will be 35-37% in a good year. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

I don’t think I we will ever be a live or die by the 3 team like under Crean. Which gave us exceptional 3 pt shooting teams occasionally. I think the ceiling of a Archie team shooting the 3 will be 35-37% in a good year. 

With the new three point distance 35-37% will be among leading team % nationally 

I think this team has a lot of potential. And I think this team will be better from 3 this year. This team will need to lean on the defense and evolve on offense. I’m not sure why some people are so negative after two games. JS looks like a different player this year and Hunter looks like he’s starting to figure it out. Rob is a true lock down defensive pass first PG. Al looks really good.... I really like this team.

13 minutes ago, Feathery said:

You realize a 4% free throw shooting improvement last year and IU wins 4 more games? Making us a NCAA team easily. We are on pace to be a much better FT shooting team. 

Exactly, which is mind-boggling. Being poor at FT shooting means you're lazy, IMO. 

I’m just hoping once we hit P5 teams on our schedule that the staff realizes we can’t start Smith-TJD-Brunk and be successful. We will get eaten alive on D. Our best lineup is either 3 guards with Smith and TJD as the 5 or 2 guards with Hunter at the “3”. Brunk should be coming off the bench IMO.

5 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

I think this team has a lot of potential. And I think this team will be better from 3 this year. This team will need to lean on the defense and evolve on offense. I

That's almost exactly what CAM has been saying this entire preseason. The young guys are coming along and, once the veterans are all back and healthy, this team has the potential to be pleasingly good.

23 minutes ago, Dhop said:

Duke and UNC put up 89 and 78 points respectively against teams that would have probably lost to Portland State today.
Man! I can’t believe how bad they suck this year!

Don’t quite get the comparison but Duke beat 168th  Kenpom rated Colorado State and we beat 277th rated PS. Neither team is a world beater.

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

And Duke only won their exhibition by 6.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OK.....

And in regular season they have beaten Kansas and then beat CO State 89-55. I’m guessing Duke will be decent this year.