Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Portland St game thread 11/9 @ 2 pm BTN+

Just now, Ranger78 said:

What % did we have from 3 in the first game?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Think it was 5-11 first game. 3 came from Al

Rob may not be shooting well, but an awful lot of other sports people covering the game are commenting on how good his defense has been.  Also, he does have 6 of our 10 assists.
Last year Portland was #1 in the country in offensive rebounding %.  Right now, we have 40 total rebounds with 16 being off our own board.  Portland with 22 total rebounds and only 7 of their own board so I'd say we definitely controlled the glass today.   Also had read somewhere that it was a key for us to keep Goolsby out of the lane and off the FT line.  He has 5 reb. and only attempted 2 FT so again, I think we did things we were supposed to do. 
TJD has a double-double.  Justin with 16 pts. and 8 reb.  Would love to know what his end-of-season conversation with Archie was that has brought about such a transformation.  Al another solid shooting night. Only 9 TOs with time running out.  Race with nearly a double-double with 10 & 9.  Jerome settling in.
We haven't blown them away, but an awful lot of positive things about this game.

Plenty of positives. But some of the same negatives that have plagued this team the last two years. The defense is a given. We know we will be good there for the most part. The offense still hasn’t evolved. The shooting still isn’t good. The ball movement has its moments here and there. Still start games incredibly slow. Maybe some of that gets a little fixed with Green returning, but hard to say.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Iugradman said:

I haven’t seen anything to indicate this season will be better than the last three so far. Still can’t shoot a lick.

You realize a 4% free throw shooting improvement last year and IU wins 4 more games? Making us a NCAA team easily. We are on pace to be a much better FT shooting team.