Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Portland St game thread 11/9 @ 2 pm BTN+

Notes: #iubb Hosts Portland State in Saturday Matinee

Story Links

INDIANA GAME NOTES (PDF)

WATCH ($)

LIVE STATS

LISTEN

LISTEN VIA TUNEIN

2019-20 IU Men's Basketball Tickets Quick Buy

OPENING TIP

Indiana University is in its 120th season of competition in men's basketball and will host Portland State on Saturday. The Hoosiers are coming off a 98-65 win in the season opener at home against Western Illinois. PSU defeated Puget Sound, 94-69 at home on Tuesday night. The game is being streamed live on BTN Plus. The game is scheduled to re-air at 9 p.m., November 11 on BTN.

GAME INFORMATION

Saturday, Nov. 9 • 2:00 p.m.

Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall (17,222)

Watch: BTN Plus (Sam Niederman, Brandon Schaff, Haley Jordan) | Watch Online

Radio: IU Radio Network (Don Fischer, Errek Suhr, Joe Smith | TuneIn

Series History: First Meeting

Mandarin Radio

THE COACHES

Indiana Coach Archie Miller begins his third season of guiding the Cream and Crimson. Last year, the Hoosiers finished 19-16 and advanced to the quarterfinals of the NIT. He is 175-94 in eight-plus years as a head coach, which includes six years at the University of Dayton. His Flyer teams made NCAA Tournament appearances in each of his last four seasons, including a trip to the Elite Eight in 2014. He is 36-31 at IU. The Vikings are led by third-year coach Barret Peery who is 37-30 during his tenure with PSU. Both Miller (NC State, Arizona State) and Peery (Arizona State, Santa Clara) were assistants at one time for Herb Sendek who has coached at Miami of Ohio, NC State, Arizona State and Santa Clara.

NEWS & NOTES

The Hoosiers had three newcomers as starters in the season opener (freshman Trayce Jackson-Davis, freshman Armaan Franklin and junior transfer Joey Brunk). Redshirt freshman Jerome Hunter also saw his first regular season action in the Cream and Crimson. Non-scholarship players junior Cooper Bybee, freshman Nate Childress, senior Adrian Chapman, junior Jacquez Henderson and freshman Michael Shipp all played for the first time at IU.

ODDS AND TRENDS

Junior Justin Smith matched his career-high with 24 points (Michigan State, 2019) and added 7 boards and a career-best 3 steals against the Leathernecks. Junior Al Durham had the single-best shooting night of a Hoosier in an opening game making all 7 of his field goal attempts ands each of his 3 long distance calls. He finished with 21 points. Sophomore guard Rob Phinisee added 14 points and junior Joey Brunk added 11 points and 7 boards.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Portland State = chaos...full court press all game and super fast tempo.

This one’s gonna be interesting. If we have less than 15 turnovers (yes, more than ten should be expected) we’ll be fine.

48 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Operative words- Puget Sound. emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(disease covered) Puget Sound also had 31 turnovers. For old times sake...

turnover.thumb.jpg.ad6537f0076c2cc8a3078199f8da862a.jpg

4 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I've never heard of any of these guys; that's good news.

Per KenPom, they rated as follows (out of 200 qualified officials)

Rob Kueneman #62 (Worked 5 IU games last season)

Lewis Garrison #52 (Worked 1 IU game last season)

Steve Honacki #119 (Worked 1 IU game last season)

...also KenPom never ceases to amaze me

4 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Was wondering the same thing...searched everywhere and haven’t found anything. I’d be shocked if he returns today though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No Green today. Still hasn't practiced in a while. Has haf some individual instruction and will be working on regaining some conditioning next week per CAM in pregame intetview with Don Fisher.