Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I spent 8 years in the Army before blowing my back out and being medically retired. Recon comes from the unit I was in, a reconnaissance platoon in an infantry company. Mkd are my initials. Born and raised in Harrison county, and will always be a Hoosier!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

me= graduated from IU, living in The Great State.

So why Alaska if you’re living in THE Great State? Shouldn’t it be like Hawaii Hoosier? Is your brain already frozen for the winter or did it never really thaw out?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, BottomLine said:

To Old Fart - I'm a '69 IU grad.  Chances are we probably passed each other on campus more than once back in the day.

If you spent a lot of time in the bowling alley and pool room, we most certainly did!   :92:

1 hour ago, BottomLine said:

Looks like I'm late to the party but I've enjoyed reading the origin of everyone's handles.

Mine takes a bit of explaining.  In addition to being a history teacher and basketball coach I spent 21 years as a sportswriter for the Daily Herald, the largest suburban daily in the Chicago area.  My beat was horse racing and in addition to news and columns I did a daily graded handicap for the horses running in the Chicago area.  For the layman that means that I would list the horses running in the races in predicted order of finish and did comments on each horse.  Along with the graded handicap I also had a bankroll in the paper where I bet the horses every day in print and kept a running tally of either my success or failure.  The bankroll in the paper ran every day under the banner "Bottom Line".  I'm on a lot of forums and, whenever I don't use my real name, I use BottomLine.  For anyone from the NW suburbs of Chicago that is familiar with the Daily Herald my real name is Ray Hallett.

To Old Fart - I'm a '69 IU grad.  Chances are we probably passed each other on campus more than once back in the day.

Sounds like a pretty cool gig. At the rate we're going, the youngsters won't know what a newspaper is anymore.