Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs WIU- Game Thread 11/5 @ 7 pm BTN+

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

TJD is a starter, and most certainly one of our best five.

Agreed that’s more of a lineup I would roll out when the team gets jittery and letting the other team go on a run. 

Bring in the experienced guys to settle things down. 

Anyone else maybe slightly worried about Green being out for as long as he has? I’m not getting much for information here. I assume he’s not been practicing either? I fear he will be miles behind when finally cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Rob/Al/Smith/TJD/Brunk
I only see two guards starting as Brunk will have to start because no way we leave both him and Davis on the bench cause they would not play together as role players and I think a green and franklin coming off the bench could be really good too

Starters:

RP

Green

Smith

TJD

Brunk

Bench:

Al - 6th man

Davis

Franklin

Race

Hunter

That’s just how I see Archie running this and close to the order for the bench unless there is foul trouble. Hunter can move up once he gets his sea legs back. But I expect this for FSU when the lineups are set.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Armaan Franklin may not be a point, but he sees the floor extremely well.

As I have said, he will surprise. His points will come, but he is a very capable basketball player.  His length will be a problem for a lot of guards, and he's unselfish.  People will really like him, I believe.

That was awesome! Al, Smith, Phin played excellent. TJD scored on nearly every post touch. Shared ball better. Better chemistry, body language. Lots and lots of positives tonight. Hunter looked better as well in limited minutes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Great to be able to attend an IU game in Assembly Hall again.

I so hope I’ve been wrong about Justin Smith and we get this version of him for the entire season. He can be an absolute nightmare for other teams if he goes hard every play.

I think we have enough shooters in Al, Phin, Green, and Hunter when he gets right. We have versatility with Al, Hunter, Smith, Franklin, and Jackson-Davis.

It’ll be interesting to see how this team develops when players get back and get healthy. We could far exceed expectations if things come together.

Al Durham isn’t going to come off the bench. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Neither is anyone I said lol. We are a big team. We are not starting with Justin at the 4 and a 6’7” TJD at the 5 like you said. Come on man. We will not start 3/4 guards we have. Al will still get around 25 mpg as a 6th man.  

Where do you get your information? Smith is 6”8 and TJD is in the 6-9 to 6-10 range. 6-7? Lol.
Al Durham is the best player on the team. Period.

Whoa. After one game? Let’s see how this plays out.

Besides, how do you Crown Al over Smith based on last night? I don’t expect that this team will have a consistent “best player”. This team is deep and apparently we have a handful of guys all capable of being the best player each game.

10 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I actually like...

Durham
Green
Franklin
Smith
TJD

Bench rotation should be..

Phinisee
Brunk
Hunter
Thompson

As needed...

Davis
Anderson

I agree with you that there is no way that Durham is coming off the bench, and that ultimately the lineup with be a smaller one with TJD and Smith at the forward spots, especially if De’Ron Davis can’t be counted on to play well, but where I’ll disagree is that there isn’t no way Phinisee is coming off the bench. 

Hes only coming off the bench now because he missed most of October. He’s arguably the most important player on the team. 

Where do you get your information? Smith is 6”8 and TJD is in the 6-9 to 6-10 range. 6-7? Lol.

Al Durham is the best player on the team. Period.

The IU site has Smith listed at 6’7” and TJD at 6’9”. If you think the listed height is accurate I don’t know what to tell you. I love Al, but after a game against Western Illinois you are prepared to say that? He may very well be but his best asset is his versatility. Oh and let me add LOL to mine as well.

I agree with you that there is no way that Durham is coming off the bench, and that ultimately the lineup with be a smaller one with TJD and Smith at the forward spots, especially if De’Ron Davis can’t be counted on to play well, but where I’ll disagree is that there isn’t no way Phinisee is coming off the bench. 

Hes only coming off the bench now because he missed most of October. He’s arguably the most important player on the team. 

Personally I think Al is 2nd or 3rd on the team in minutes. I don’t see us opening the game with 3 guards with what Archie said in his news conference the day before the game. I see Al coming in at the first tv timeout or so for whomever 1-3 needs it the most. Green has proven he isn’t the greatest bench player and Al is not starting over RP at the 1.

Edit: If Justin can keep up that level of defense imo you keep him at the 3. If not you go with Al. But we will see. Nice to have options this year.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Personally I think Al is 2nd or 3rd on the team in minutes. I don’t see us opening the game with 3 guards with what Archie said in his news conference the day before the game. I see Al coming in at the first tv timeout or so for whomever 1-3 needs it the most. Green has proven he isn’t the greatest bench player and Al is not starting over RP at the 1.

I didn’t see his comments Monday, but in watching the team I don’t see any way that a healthy Phinisee, Green and Durham don’t start. It’s just one game, but IU looked their best when they went small last night, when they pushed the ball and were athletic on defense. Those three guys are the guys that make everything happen, they’re the most experienced guys, etc.

I see Brunk ultimately coming off the bench as the first big coming in with De’Ron getting situational minutes. 

When did Justin Smith transfer?  And who's the new guy.  

Very positive start, but a long way to go. If they stay active on offense and hit the outside shot, they should be ok. Lots of upside with this team.  And I like how we didn't just throw some scholarships away because we had them.  Bodes well for the future.