Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

Welcome to the 2019-2020 IUBB Season

Ohis a a boy. L. N mm egg. We
The
ms
Mom Bol a A qWrrdSs Rez’s M lol l mom on loo I fUS
Hmmm n hm m In CBB MB. MP bi. DNP as s

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I got it: this a boy, no an egg white. The Ms. Mom is funny and she's on some loo. If the US and hmmmm the hairy men play college basketball in Myrtle Beach they'll get a DNP designation. That pretty close?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I got it: this a boy, no an egg white. The Ms. Mom is funny and she's on some loo. If the US and hmmmm the hairy men play college basketball in Myrtle Beach they'll get a DNP designation. That pretty close?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

You’d have to ask my 1 year old

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Cannot recall where the discussion was taking place about noncon SOS but saw UPS post about the Maui Invite next season. Our noncon has the potential to be excellent next season.

Gavitt Tipoff Games: road game?

Maui Invite: 3 against Alabama, Davidson, U of No Classes, Providence, Stanford, Texas, and UNLV

B1G/ACC: road game

Crossroads Classic: Butler

It’s way too early but 7/8 teams in the Maui Invite field next season are top 80 in KenPom right now. It’s not the elite but that should give us 3 solid to great noncon opponents. Butler is top 20, our ACC opponent will be top 50, and the Big East opponent should be solid.

We should have a pretty talented and experienced team that could build a great resume.

Cannot recall where the discussion was taking place about noncon SOS but saw UPS post about the Maui Invite next season. Our noncon has the potential to be excellent next season.

Maui Invite: 3 against Alabama, Davidson, U of No Classes, Providence, Stanford, Texas, and UNLV

It’s way too early but 7/8 teams in the Maui Invite field next season are top 80 in KenPom right now. It’s not the elite but that should give us 3 solid to great noncon opponents. Butler is top 20, our ACC opponent will be top 50, and the Big East opponent should be solid.

We should have a pretty talented and experienced team that could build a great resume.

Who is the UPS guy you speak of? I don’t wear brown

Maybe we will get to play Villanova and blow them out like Michigan and Ohio State have the past two seasons.

IF Gavitt and ACC are both road games, With the Maui tournament it could get ugly for our Hoosiers. Not sure we have a strong enough roster to come out of that looking good.

Would really like to get Gavitt at home and ACC on road or vice versa.

It depends on who returns. Al, Smith and TJD should all return. Which makes Indiana a favorite in the B1G and a Top 20 team. We are going to play like Providence or something in the Gavitt games. And we will probably play Duke in the ACC Challenge. We should come out of that just fine with such an experienced team.

IF Gavitt and ACC are both road games, With the Maui tournament it could get ugly for our Hoosiers. Not sure we have a strong enough roster to come out of that looking good.

Would really like to get Gavitt at home and ACC on road or vice versa.

A lot depends on who we play but regardless we should compete. If we get a home game in either conference matchup we should win that. If we get Virginia or Dook at home... we should also go at least 2-1 in Maui. We will have enough experience and talent for that kind of schedule.

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Per Archie's post-game presser:

Rob Phinisee was practicing, looked really good in practice, and was ready to go for last night's game until he turned his ankle.

Archie also said that he probably could have gone last night.

Finally, Archie said that Rob should be back this weekend or soon thereafter, and that his return will make the team better.

This stretch without him has been so, so good for Franklin's development as a alternate primary ball handler. That being said, I CANNOT WAIT to see this IU team with a young man who is destined to be one of the nation's premier leaders and point guards.

I took his words from the presser as meaning Rob would have been potentially good to go for the game had he not turned his ankle in practice.  Now his timetable for return is uncertain but not necessarily long term.  I don't anticipate him back so soon but I hope I'm wrong.