Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

Welcome to the 2019-2020 IUBB Season

So we are supposed to wait to talk about? Just be all rainbows and unicorns until then? So this forum exist why if we are not supposed to talk about it?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, given you and the rest of has have jack to base our assessment of the success or failure of this season on, maybe the doomsdayers should shut their yaps and watch the damn game.

In the interest of fairness, I’d say the same thing to anyone proclaiming us National Champs. But you don’t see anyone doing that, do you?

I see a lot of cautious optimism and some people half way off the cliff trying to pull everyone off with them.

Happy Opening Day All! Had the phone hooked up to the truck on the way home from picking up the kids to the Watford shot over Kentucky. Listened to it about 5 times. Kids wondering what happened to their father and why he was like a kid on Christmas. Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

51 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Agreed... very very well said! Too bad it will all be for naught :(
Only one way to kill a troll and that's by not feeding it in the first place.

I'm way too ignorant and stubborn  to avoid feeding the bear.  I'm nothing if not proactive.   But your point is well taken.  =)

I'm way too ignorant and stubborn  to avoid feeding the bear.  I'm nothing if not proactive.   But your point is well taken.  =)
I think u got through to him I expect he will see things differently now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I think u got through to him I expect he will see things differently now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

It baffles me....less with him, but still....how someone can reasonably and with a straight face, ask if we're supposed to wait and see before talking about anything positive, and inferring everything sucks until it doesn't.  It's like he has the inability to learn from the "Fire Tom Allen" debacle.  The "Fire Fred Glass" garbage from the last few years is just as bad.   The best food doesn't cook in a microwave.  Life tip from an old friend.

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.42d72938c69d9cc143a6c66be7c89dfe.jpgcool, I guess. What’s the connection here?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

A few years ago he did a piece for a magazine and did most of it with help of Tyra Buss and Coach Moren. During that he was on ESPN and I am pretty sure he said he loves the area cause of a girl he dated that graduated from IU.

Not sure where to put this...
I was looking at our SOS on KenPom. It’s absolutely atrocious (currently 335). I get that KenPom ratings aren’t set in stone and will change throughout the season but we could have scheduled better. I’d like to see a few of those 274+ games bumped up to under 200. That would go a long way in increasing our SOS.

The good news is we have a handful of opportunities coming up in the noncon and then conference play will provide more opportunities.

Western Illinois - 312
Portland State - 274
North Alabama - 288
Troy - 291
Princeton - 223
Louisiana Tech - 91
South Dakota St - 198
Florida State - 11
Connecticut - 81
Notre Dame - 42
Arkansas - 31

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Not sure where to put this...
I was looking at our SOS on KenPom. It’s absolutely atrocious (currently 335). I get that KenPom ratings aren’t set in stone and will change throughout the season but we could have scheduled better. I’d like to see a few of those 274+ games bumped up to under 200. That would go a long way in increasing our SOS.

The good news is we have a handful of opportunities coming up in the noncon and then conference play will provide more opportunities.

Western Illinois - 312
Portland State - 274
North Alabama - 288
Troy - 291
Princeton - 223
Louisiana Tech - 91
South Dakota St - 198
Florida State - 11
Connecticut - 81
Notre Dame - 42
Arkansas - 31

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I read somewhere (can't remember where anymore) that our early season opponents happen to have many new players on their team, which is one of the reason why they could be ranked so low right now -- the unknown factor, sort of. 

I think, before i did a podcast about the Portland State game, that I read somewhere they had 7 new players.  North Alabama has 5.  Western Illinois has 8.

Perhaps they could end up surprisingly better by the end of the season and help out our SOS.

I read somewhere (can't remember where anymore) that our early season opponents happen to have many new players on their team, which is one of the reason why they could be ranked so low right now -- the unknown factor, sort of. 
I think, before i did a podcast about the Portland State game, that I read somewhere they had 7 new players.  North Alabama has 5.  Western Illinois has 8.
Perhaps they could end up surprisingly better by the end of the season and help out our SOS.

That could be true. I was just browsing KenPom and noticed the terrible SOS. If PSU shoots the way they did against us in the first half they have a great chance at a lot of wins.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

That could be true. I was just browsing KenPom and noticed the terrible SOS. If PSU shoots the way they did against us in the first half they have a great chance at a lot of wins.

you're definitely right that these early season opponents Kenpom ratings leave something to be desired.