Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Penix and Ramsey, a perspective

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Ramsey is a great backup QB.  If IU wants to do more than they did with him the two years he started, Penix offers a better opportunity to do that.  Ramsey's limited ability (foot speed, escapability, arm strength, decision making on read option and check with me plays) was on full display.   None shows on stat sheets, but the differences are pretty stark.

IF they were that stark, it would show up more than it has.  I think you are reading an awful lot out of a performance in which he came in with a 21 point lead and ended with a 31 point win.

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Then he will be in my prayers. Because that next head coach is set up for failure.  

I mean from what I heard from some fans last year, the Florida State job should be Brohm's.  Did a great job last year, yes? :)

15 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

IF they were that stark, it would show up more than it has.  I think you are reading an awful lot out of a performance in which he came in with a 21 point lead and ended with a 31 point win.

And ignoring when he came into a tie game and came out with a 6 point win. 

Ramsey is 3-1 this year and Penix is 4-1 (giving Maryland to Ramsey, since the game was tied when he came in). There isn't a team Penix beat that Ramsey wouldn't have. We would still be a bowl team at this point if Ramsey was the full time starter. Penix is better, but the knock on Ramsey used to be that he isn't the guy who can lead us to a bowl game, his ceiling is 5 wins, etc.  He showed this season that he is. 

I'm shocked this whole discussion, which has been going on all season, hasn't died of utter exhaustion.

People love to argue against certain posters and not what their side of an argument. I believe most are arguing the same thing but from only a slightly different perspective. However, they keep arguing their angle because they’re arguing against poster x.

I’m a happy a Hoosier for having them both and both playing out for this seven win Hoosier squad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Like i said. Won’t blame Ramsey one bit for leaving if he does 

Are you Ramsey? This is not disrespect. You cry way too much.

Simply a statement that, while losing our starting QB WHO RANKS NEAR THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY sucks a whole lot, at least we’re playing with house money and will be going to a bowl anyway.

Kindly go take a nap and come back when you’re ready.

Like i said. Won’t blame Ramsey one bit for leaving if he does 

Also, Ramsey is now the starter for a 7-2 B1G team who is under consideration for the friggin Rose Bowl and you wouldn’t blame him for transferring?!

Please avoid offering advice of any kind to the young man who is doing quite well for himself where he is.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Are you Ramsey? This is not disrespect. You cry way too much.

Simply a statement that, while losing our starting QB WHO RANKS NEAR THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY sucks a whole lot, at least we’re playing with house money and will be going to a bowl anyway.

Kindly go take a nap and come back when you’re ready.

He’s a starter in name only. Ramsey has played more. The only 2 wins Penix finished were Rutgers and Ball State. 

Ramsey has led this team to a 7-2 record and people are acting like the season is lost because Penix went down...again.