Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Penix and Ramsey, a perspective

43 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Tuttle is who I was interested in seeing, 4* and participated in the Elite 11.  Definitely not ready yet, but just a freshman.

He also gets limited reps in practice being QB3. He gets high praise from the coaching staff 

29 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

It was always stupid as hell to have Penix run with the football. He must be a pure pocket passer from now on.

No need to worry about that now since he's done for the year. Hopefully he comes back stronger and more durable next year. Time to get Tuttle ready in case something happens to Ramsey.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, Old Friend said:

Ramsey is a great backup QB.  If IU wants to do more than they did with him the two years he started, Penix offers a better opportunity to do that.  Ramsey's limited ability (foot speed, escapability, arm strength, decision making on read option and check with me plays) was on full display.   None shows on stat sheets, but the differences are pretty stark.

I haven’t seen it mentioned yet, but to reiterate the quick release Penix gives us, Ramsey has been sacked 11 times this year while Penix only once. 

13 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Tuttle is who I was interested in seeing, 4* and participated in the Elite 11.  Definitely not ready yet, but just a freshman.

Just a freshman who has sat on the sideline for two years right? He had almost as much experience as Penix heading into the season. I know Penix and Ramsey have both looked good but I am surprised Tuttle ended up 3 on depth chart as many are here. 

11 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned yet, but to reiterate the quick release Penix gives us, Ramsey has been sacked 11 times this year while Penix only once. 

He definitely gets rid of it quicker so he does get sacked less.  It's one of the main reasons he's 7th in QBR and Ramsey is 24th.....both have very solid and similar stats, but Penix has run the ball a little better and avoided sacks.

21 hours ago, Iugradman said:

It was always stupid as hell to have Penix run with the football. He must be a pure pocket passer from now on.

If you take away his running, then you do lessen his value.  And if other teams only have to defend him as a pure pocket passer, then you've given them the ability to defend the pass better.

32 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Better to have less value than no value.

Agreed. Also, he keeps getting hurt on called runs which have a higher probability of him encountering a DLine or LB where as the scrambling runs are more often tackled by a DB. Plus he has a better chance of sliding or getting out of bounds. Penix’s called runs haven’t been all that successful anyway. Be a pocket passer and scramble to avoid pressure. Let Stevie handle the run plays

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Funny that you're the one to post this when you were as wrong about Peyton Ramsey as I was about Tom Allen.

How was I wrong about Peyton Ramsey?  Everything I said about him is exactly true.  I know how badly you want me to be wrong, but I'm not.  And I haven't been.   

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

How was I wrong about Peyton Ramsey?  Everything I said about him is exactly true.  I know how badly you want me to be wrong, but I'm not.  And I haven't been.   

You likened him to Zander Diamont, lol. All last season you excused Debord's horrendous playcalling by blaming Ramsey and saying Debord couldn't do more than he was doing because of him. The new OC this showed that was wrong. You also said he's not someone who can get us to a bowl game or a winning record. He did both this year. But if you want to be dishonest about your previous comments then that's your call. I admitted I was wrong. Can you do the same?

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

There’s no credit to be given to Ramsey in some people’s mind. Despite him playing the majority of our QB play this year

This also isn't true.  You jokers have absolutely no ability to comprehend what people write nor any objectivity.  No wonder nobody takes you seriously.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You likened him to Zander Diamont, lol. You also said he's not someone who can get us to a bowl game or a winning record. He did both this year. But if you want to be dishonest about your previous comments then that's your call. I admitted I was wrong. Can you do the same?

I have said all year he's a great backup QB and have given him credit several times.  I also stood by the reasons he lost his starting job; and those things are still true.  You can go back and read what I've written.  Or..not.  

11 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I have said all year he's a great backup QB and have given him credit several times.  I also stood by the reasons he lost his starting job; and those things are still true.  You can go back and read what I've written.  Or..not.  

Yes, let's go back and read what you've written. Funny that you have constantly said this year that Tom Allen's critics are "b******* for the sake of it" when last year you said hiring him was an embarrassment and called him a high school coach. Also, remember last year when you said Ramsey was only accurate because he threw short passes? He's completing 72% of his passes this year with an 8.3 YPA.

image.thumb.png.49442f3197597e930c5a61964d076a3f.png

image.thumb.png.ca203bded7ca5f82d63adbc09f48e537.png

image.png

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes, let's go back and read what you've written. Funny that you have constantly said this year that Tom Allen's critics are "b******* for the sake of it" when last year you said hiring him was an embarrassment and called him a high school coach. Also, remember last year when you said Ramsey was only accurate because he threw short passes? He's completing 72% of his passes this year with an 8.3 YPA.

image.thumb.png.49442f3197597e930c5a61964d076a3f.png

image.thumb.png.ca203bded7ca5f82d63adbc09f48e537.png

image.png

Read the last one.  (and I can't believe you're this obsessed)   There's not one thing in that which is incorrect.   It's also from last season, and he's a little better this season.  Is your skin so incredibly thin that you have to be told every time you think you might have scored a point?  Do you want a cookie, ice cream, or both??

There is a reason he lost his starting job.   And those things I wrote?  They were true then and they're true now.  He is a good backup quarterback.  But Indiana was and is limited with him.   Are you arguing against that or just fishing to feel better about yourself??    Grow.  A.  Pair.   

Edit :  As for the middle one, I was clearly pissed after a game.  Would you like me to go back and post the idiotic sh!t you've posted when you were upset with games?    Good Lord, man.  Get a life.

18 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Read the last one.  (and I can't believe you're this obsessed)   There's not one thing in that which is incorrect.   It's also from last season, and he's a little better this season.  Is your skin so incredibly thin that you have to be told every time you think you might have scored a point?  Do you want a cookie, ice cream, or both??

There is a reason he lost his starting job.   And those things I wrote?  They were true then and they're true now.  He is a good backup quarterback.  But Indiana was and is limited with him.   Are you arguing against that or just fishing to feel better about yourself??    Grow.  A.  Pair.   

Edit :  As for the middle one, I was clearly pissed after a game.  Would you like me to go back and post the idiotic sh!t you've posted when you were upset with games?    Good Lord, man.  Get a life.

Ha. I take 3 minutes to do what you said, and now I need to "get a life" and I'm "obsessed." Sorry that the posts prove your hypocrisy, no matter how you try spinning your comments. 

And no, I'm not "obsessed." It just gets old as hell the way you act like you're holier than though and a better fan than the rest of us. Mr. "My opinion is the only right opinion and everyone who disagrees is just b******* for the sake of b*******." Turns out you're guilty of doing the exact thing you accuse many of us of doing.. Who woulda thought. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Don't be surprised to see Tuttle play some this weekend or next. He's been getting snaps in practice. 

Is he getting snaps with the first team purely as risk mitigation thing in case Ramsey were to go down with an injury or because he's potentially performing at a higher level than Ramsey?

DISCLAIMER: In no way is this question intended to imply disrespect nor discredit anything Ramsey has or may do. Please contact 1-800-42RELAX for more information regarding the intent of this message or kindly kick rocks until you feel better.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Is he getting snaps with the first team purely as risk mitigation thing in case Ramsey were to go down with an injury or because he's potentially performing at a higher level than Ramsey?

DISCLAIMER: In no way is this question intended to imply disrespect nor discredit anything Ramsey has or may do. Please contact 1-800-42RELAX for more information regarding the intent of this message or kindly kick rocks until you feel better.

I think there is some competition going on in practice and he has performed well. He might not see the field but just didn't want people to be surprised if he does. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think there is some competition going on in practice and he has performed well. He might not see the field but just didn't want people to be surprised if he does. 

No disrespect to Ramsey nor to Penix, but Tuttle was the much more highly regarded prospect coming into college and could theoretically pass up both if he plays to his potential/ranking. With Penix's injury issues, it definitely relieves some anxiety about next year knowing that Tuttle is pushing Ramsey at this point.

Hopefully this doesn't happen, but if things go poorly against PSU I would love to see him get some non-garbage time snaps. Even better, maybe we'll beat up on Purdue so bad he can get some playing time then.