Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Penix and Ramsey, a perspective

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Also, Ramsey is now the starter for a 7-2 B1G team who is under consideration for the friggin Rose Bowl and you wouldn’t blame him for transferring?!

Please avoid offering advice of any kind to the young man who is doing quite well for himself where he is.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And people like you are acting like the season is over because he’s the starter 

On 11/4/2019 at 1:36 PM, el drado said:

never say never....but i have a hard time believing Allen is in their top 5

Allen isn't going to be at FSU.  I also doubt that any of their top 5 are going to be, either.  It's not as attractive as it once was.

Glad we have Ramsey and DeBoer who knows how to use him so still gives ourselves a chance.

With that said we need to not be content with the QB situation once Ramsey leaves. Penix seems to be made of glass and while thats a serious injury his body is clearly injury prone as that hit really shouldn’t tear up your shoulder and is a hit players take all the time. Not his fault but Penix’s body does not hold up well. 

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Damn the random collarbone rumor was right. They should've sat him against Northwestern.

It's what I heard from halftime by the guy sitting next to me who said that 'he knew someone in athletic training'.  

Guess I'll have to track down said guy.....because when I posted it, it certainly was with a grain of salt.

24 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Allen isn't going to be at FSU.  I also doubt that any of their top 5 are going to be, either.  It's not as attractive as it once was.

Allen is also close with Taggart. No way he’d take over there with what he has going on here. 

Are you Ramsey? This is not disrespect. You cry way too much.

Simply a statement that, while losing our starting QB WHO RANKS NEAR THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY sucks a whole lot, at least we’re playing with house money and will be going to a bowl anyway.

Kindly go take a nap and come back when you’re ready.

I audibly lol'd at his response to you. His adoration of Ramsey is almost admirable

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Unbelievable really. Penix is the Mo Cheek of IU football. Not worried in the near term with Ramsey but we need to recruit well at QB. 

I think we saw the last time our coaches ever call a designed run for him...

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s a starter in name only. Ramsey has played more. The only 2 wins Penix finished were Rutgers and Ball State. 

Ramsey has led this team to a 7-2 record and people are acting like the season is lost because Penix went down...again. 

In the history of IU football has there ever been a guy so loved for doing so little? Penix has 4 wins against bad teams and people have anointed him the next Michael Vick. Its crazy.

He’s a starter in name only. Ramsey has played more. The only 2 wins Penix finished were Rutgers and Ball State. 

Ramsey has led this team to a 7-2 record and people are acting like the season is lost because Penix went down...again. 

Pretty sure the only disrespect is from you towards Penix who won the starter role and demonstrated why. As one of the many (read: everyone on this board except you) who have said Penix is better, I’ve also said and will say again I am grateful we have Ramsey.

Indiana wouldn’t be at 7-2 without both these players. Not one or the other, but both.

And Indiana is worse without their QB1, one of the top QBs in FBS this year.

Show me where I acted like the season was over.

Our remaining games are at PSU, against UM, and at Purdue, and I already wasn’t confident in our ability to wins those.

Now our starting QB is out. We’ve seen Ramsey against OSU, so I don’t have much faith going up against PSU and UM. If anything happens to Ramsey, we’re down to Tuttle.

Therefore, I’ll say it again:

AT LEAST WE’RE ALREADY BOWL ELIGIBLE

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

No...you're interpreting that because you have an almost unimaginable bias and inability to grasp the reality of the two.  Indiana is limited with Ramsey, and that's not arguable with anyone except you.  Ramsey's dad was all over Twitter defending him a year ago, but magically disappeared when he lost the job.  I've never seen you two knuckleheads in the same place....hhmmmm...

In the history of IU football has there ever been a guy so loved for doing so little? Penix has 4 wins against bad teams and people have anointed him the next Michael Vick. Its crazy.

Loved? You mean objectively recognized as the better QB?

Who has Ramsey beat again? As BC likes to point out - no one really. Best defense we have a win against is Northwestern and guess what? Penix and Ramsey split the game and were both critical to the win (although probably not as critical as Scott).

I have nothing against Ramsey, and now that he’s our only hope you aren’t going to find a bigger fan!

Hope BC has saved some Ramsey Kool-Aid, because I’m thirsty! Let’s drink to Ramsey leading IUFB to three straight wins!

Sucks for him.  Not his fault he's injury prone, but the staff should think about other QB options once Ramsey graduates.

Availability is important, and Penix doesn't have it.

Tuttle needs to be ready to rock. I just haven’t seen the grad transfer band-aid work out. They always need at least a year to learn the playbook apparently.

12 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Tuttle needs to be ready to rock. I just haven’t seen the grad transfer band-aid work out. They always need at least a year to learn the playbook apparently.

Tuttle is who I was interested in seeing, 4* and participated in the Elite 11.  Definitely not ready yet, but just a freshman.