Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Penix and Ramsey, a perspective

2 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Penix struggled against Rutgers? Absolute insane take, much like every other take you offer on this topic. Whatever man. You like Ramsey. Got it. Debating football with you is a fruitless endeavor. Good day to you

I never said that he struggles against Rutgers. 

if you have to lie about what I say in order to feel right then you must not be very confident in what you are mouthpiecing ee I mean saying. 

Regardless of struggled or not he scored fewer points against Rutgers than he did against MSU. 

So are you overrating the MSU defense or did he struggle against Rutgers. Cause you kinda have back yourself into a corner 

Edit:  after last night's game, IU's defense is now giving up fewer yards per game than Michigan State's.  And if they are better defensively than IU, it's not showing up on yards per game, points per game, or even in yards per play even much you are trying to attribute it to Michigan State's lack of offense.

Michigan State totals:  yards per pass given up:  6.2 ypp.  yards per rush given up:  3.4.

Indiana totals:  yards per pass give up:  6.3 ypp.  yards per rush:  3.8

Ohio State totals:  yards per pass:  5.0.  yards per rush:  2.6.

Michigan State is very similar to IU;  really not similar at all to Ohio State.  I'm sure that you would never use a comparison of a quarterback's performance against Ohio State's defense to another performance against IU's.....but that's pretty much why you are trying to do in comparing Penix's MSU game to Ramsey's Ohio State one.

IU has the #1 pass offense in the conference. Penix and Ramsey's stats are almost identical. Good news is we have both these guys back next year. Both will improve and a senior Ramsey can fill in for all the games Penix sits out with injury and we wont miss a beat. Good times!

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Edit:  after last night's game, IU's defense is now giving up fewer yards per game than Michigan State's.  And if they are better defensively than IU, it's not showing up on yards per game, points per game, or even in yards per play even much you are trying to attribute it to Michigan State's lack of offense.

Michigan State totals:  yards per pass given up:  6.2 ypp.  yards per rush given up:  3.4.

Indiana totals:  yards per pass give up:  6.3 ypp.  yards per rush:  3.8

Ohio State totals:  yards per pass:  5.0.  yards per rush:  2.6.

Michigan State is very similar to IU;  really not similar at all to Ohio State.  I'm sure that you would never use a comparison of a quarterback's performance against Ohio State's defense to another performance against IU's.....but that's pretty much why you are trying to do in comparing Penix's MSU game to Ramsey's Ohio State one.

I literally said in my post it’s not the same but it’s the best comparison we have to go off of this season. Quoting yards given up making them 7th in the conference vs points given up (what actually matters) is you just being a contrarian for the sake of argument. Also you may want to consider the schedule they’ve played thus far as well.  I’m fully aware MSU and OSU’s defenses are not equal. But saying MSUs defense is equal to ours is just false. 

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

if you have to lie about what I say in order to feel right then you must not be very confident in what you are mouthpiecing ee I mean saying. 

Regardless of struggled or not he scored fewer points against Rutgers than he did against MSU. 

So are you overrating the MSU defense or did he struggle against Rutgers. Cause you kinda have back yourself into a corner 

Lol. Whatever you say pal. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

"So he also struggled to do much against Rutgers" after the 1st 6 minutes,                    Copy.  Paste.  See : gaslighting.

I like both players, and I know their stats are almost identical,  but the one thing that stands out to me is the sacks differential.  Penix has been sacked once, compared to Ramsey being sacked 11 times 

For whatever reason the protection either changes or Ramsey is holding onto the ball too long.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't believe they would have a different protection package for the two quarterbacks. Definitely not trying to nitpick either player,  just found it interesting.

2 hours ago, jk34 said:

I like both players, and I know their stats are almost identical,  but the one thing that stands out to me is the sacks differential.  Penix has been sacked once, compared to Ramsey being sacked 11 times 

Quicker release, generally quicker downfield decisions (or an ability to make those throws when Ramsey second guesses his ability to do so), bigger, stronger, faster.   That's why Penix is a better player, and none of that shows up on any stat sheet.   Ramsey is fine.  Penix is better.   The eyeball test DOES actually work; as was mentioned above.

4 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I literally said in my post it’s not the same but it’s the best comparison we have to go off of this season. Quoting yards given up making them 7th in the conference vs points given up (what actually matters) is you just being a contrarian for the sake of argument. Also you may want to consider the schedule they’ve played thus far as well.  I’m fully aware MSU and OSU’s defenses are not equal. But saying MSUs defense is equal to ours is just false. 

So if we go by ‘what really matters’ is points given up, IU is better than Michigan St.

the bottom line is that the Michigan.st v Ohio st comparison was horrible.  You saying ‘it’s our best comparison ‘doesn’t change that.  Factually, the comparison is so far apart to be meaningless.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Quicker release, generally quicker downfield decisions (or an ability to make those throws when Ramsey second guesses his ability to do so), bigger, stronger, faster.   That's why Penix is a better player, and none of that shows up on any stat sheet.   Ramsey is fine.  Penix is better.   The eyeball test DOES actually work; as was mentioned above.

But nobody is arguing that Ramsey is better.  Just that the difference is being exaggerated.  

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

So if we go by ‘what really matters’ is points given up, IU is better than Michigan St.

the bottom line is that the Michigan.st v Ohio st comparison was horrible.  You saying ‘it’s our best comparison ‘doesn’t change that.  Factually, the comparison is so far apart to be meaningless.

They’ve played a much tougher schedule than we have and have Rutgers, Illinois and Maryland left to play. Also, they can’t run the ball or score so they give up more possessions and yardage as a result. You’re not seeing the forest through the trees here. 

3 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

They’ve played a much tougher schedule than we have and have Rutgers, Illinois and Maryland left to play. Also, they can’t run the ball or score so they give up more possessions and yardage as a result. You’re not seeing the forest through the trees here. 

Defensively they are giving up a grand total  of two more plays per game than we as are.  I see the forest just fine.....you were the one trying to compare Ohio St and Michigan State’s defenses.

12 hours ago, Old Friend said:

20/29 with 282 yards and 3 TD's on a day his team ran for > 260 yards, too.  Yeah....what a struggle.  He sucks.

It's laughable how incredibly biased and non objective you are about Ramsey.    Is that a man crush or ignorance?

Pretty sure there is some kind of relationship outside of fandom. The guy gets triggered whenever people even hint that Penix is better than Ramsey. 

5 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Moving those goal posts in an effort to be right. You were supposed to prove they were on OSUs level not that they are slightly better than us. 

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

"So he also struggled to do much against Rutgers" after the 1st 6 minutes,                    Copy.  Paste.  See : gaslighting.

And then you posted his complete game stats. So you are wrong. But that’s never stopped you before. 

Struggled against Rutgers and Struggled after the first 6 minutes are different. See there’s different words in those sentences. Those words have different meanings you have to use the words that are there not the words you think are there. It’s called reading. 

16/25 for 170 yards, 1 TD and one Interception. . After a 21 point lead. So was he taking his foot off the gas or was he struggling. 

Ramsey haters are are saying he struggling because he only scored twice in a half after having a 21 point lead?  Penix has almost an entire game and only scored twice against a garbage defense. 

Literally no one is hating on Ramsey, you’re just the only one unable to admit that Penix is better despite proving himself time and time again. You say moving goalposts? Before the season when I told you Penix was better, you said let’s see him play. He did great. Then you said, let’s see him against real competition. He did great against MSU and the rest of the B1G teams he’s faced.

Now, you’re inventing some narrative that everyone is disrespecting Ramsey. They aren’t. You are hating on Penix. He “borrows” the starting gig as you say? No, he beat out the incumbent starter because, if he stays healthy, he is the QB that can take IUFB to the next level.

You are literally one of the last people in Hoosier fandom who cannot or will not admit the truth and see what is so evident to everyone.

Again, no one is hating on Ramsey. We absolutely love Ramsey, especially when he’s able to be the QB2 and we aren’t hoping he can carry us against OSU, PSU, and UM. We all just recognize our chances of beating the big three are better with a healthy Penix.

Done. That’s it. You refuse to understand this very tame and fair fact of IUFB for some wild and unknown reason that has made you the sole flag bearer of the “Give Me Ramsey or Give Me Death” movement.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

But nobody is arguing that Ramsey is better.  Just that the difference is being exaggerated.  

Understood.  I merely pointed out the differences.  Penix's abilities and skills open up more things and give IU a chance to do more an be more productive.   All I'm saying and all I ever said.  Indiana is limited w Ramsey.  Not that he's bad, but if the goal is to beat the top teams, that won't happen with Ramsey.  It is more possible w Penix.

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

And then you posted his complete game stats. So you are wrong. But that’s never stopped you before. 

Struggled against Rutgers and Struggled after the first 6 minutes are different. See there’s different words in those sentences. Those words have different meanings you have to use the words that are there not the words you think are there. It’s called reading. 

16/25 for 170 yards, 1 TD and one Interception. . After a 21 point lead. So was he taking his foot off the gas or was he struggling. 

Ramsey haters are are saying he struggling because he only scored twice in a half after having a 21 point lead?  Penix has almost an entire game and only scored twice against a garbage defense. 

How exactly am I "wrong" for posting facts?  That's funny enough.   Because....the team rushed for 260 as well, so just maybe play calling had something to do with taking their foot off the gas.  Maybe the team as a whole relaxed a bit because their opponent was bad and undermanned...   I dunno'....I guess I don't cherry pick whatever single subjective and arbitrary thing happens to fit my argument and stick to it as if it's the end all be all and proves a point.  That would be a narcissistic and very dumb way to make an argument. 

Then you go condescending on me, which we ALL know is the best way to defend a losing argument ("When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates)   I've done the same and I get it; but I promise you I know what I'm looking at and I know what I'm talking about.    I can also promise you don't.  Your stupid posts about the eyeball test, as if nobody here except you has any idea what they're watching.  A blind man can see the differences.  Unless of course he has a man crush.  So....answer my question.  Man crush or complete blind ignorance?

I asked you last spring to list where I've been wrong and I'm still waiting.  You're all keyboard and everybody knows it.  Keep it coming.