Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ray

De'Ron Davis' Senior Season

I think expectations have changed for him over time.  He isn't -- and likely never was -- a guy who could play thirty minutes per game and get up and down the court in an up tempo offense.  He also -- for his size -- isn't a great rebounder.  Basically he's going to have to put into situations where his strengths can be used -- he definitely can back defenders down in the low post and as long as you are playing him under 20 minutes per game, he can be aggressive defensively.

Brunk and here have quite a few similarities, but there are some differences as well.  Brunk is a little more mobile but he's definitely not a shot blocker on the defensive end nor as intimidating on that end.  Ultimately I'd like to get 35 minutes of 14 points and 9 rebounds out of the two of them combined.  Last year between Davis at IU and Brunk at Butler, they combined for 32 minutes and, 13 points and 6 rebounds.  I think the key is going to be getting more rebounds out of that spot than they've given in the past.

I remember watching a video interview of De’Ron Davis after the Derby City All Star game (or whatever the name was) where he said that he’d been working on his trail and corner threes because that’s what Crean wanted him to do...

I really believe that Davis can be the big off the bench that gives opposing coaches nightmares. If that is to happen our guards and wings really need to focus on getting him good passes to the post that lead to scores. We need to force timeouts and opposing coaches into going back to their starting big to stop him. He has the tools but can he stay healthy and focused?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I remember watching a video interview of De’Ron Davis after the Derby City All Star game (or whatever the name was) where he said that he’d been working on his trail and corner threes because that’s what Crean wanted him to do...

I really believe that Davis can be the big off the bench that gives opposing coaches nightmares. If that is to happen our guards and wings really need to focus on getting him good passes to the post that lead to scores. We need to force timeouts and opposing coaches into going back to their starting big to stop him. He has the tools but can he stay healthy and focused?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep, I think he should play in short spurts and when in, make every effort to get him the ball on the block to maximize his time on the court

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app