Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

RIP Brother CCGeneral

I also was one who joined HSN in large part to the work CCG put in there, and followed over here later. Pretty awesome to see all of the amazing responses in this thread, that speaks volumes to who he was and what he accomplished. He will be greatly missed around here and thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Had I known he lived so close to me I would have made an effort to meet up.

Just now seeing this. Incredibly sad to see such a valued member and person Of this community go too soon. His recruiting threads were second to none, as well as his passion for IU athletics. I never had the chance to meet him in person, but I can only imagine he treated life the same way as he did on the boards. RIP CC, you will be missed.

I am CCGeneral’s sister. Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Tammi (Overley) Peters

https://www.eddyfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Gary-OverleyJr

Dang I always expected him to have been older than me. He was often such a “elder” like figure on here I assumed he was at least older than me.

May God give you and your family peace!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am CCGeneral’s sister. Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Tammi (Overley) Peters

https://www.eddyfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Gary-OverleyJr

Prayers with you and your family Tammy! I ALWAYS enjoyed General’s content and miss it. Hope all is well your way

Prayers with you and your family Tammy! I ALWAYS enjoyed General’s content and miss it. Hope all is well your way

Somehow I missed this sad news, I am so sorry.
I salute the general. He was the best, let the proper documents reflect this.