Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/02 7:00PM ET Indiana vs Northwestern FS1

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

That awkward moment you have to point out Ramsey's numbers are better so far 

I like Ramsey as much as anyone, but the ball comes out quicker and gets to the receivers sooner with MP. I would much rather have MP in the game, but really like having Ramsey there to back him up.

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol team hasn’t heated a ranked team all year but our oft injured QB is the key to running with PSU and Michigan. 

Well you clearly don’t understand football so I won’t waste my time explaining anything to you so just enjoy the win and continue to root for all our quarterbacks and IU in general. Go Hoosiers 

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

Well you clearly don’t understand football so I won’t waste my time explaining anything to you so just enjoy the win and continue to root for all our quarterbacks and IU in general. Go Hoosiers 

Exactly!! We don't have to choose one or the other. They are both Hoosiers and deserve our support. Because I think MP gives us the best chance to win doesn't mean I am in any way anti Ramsey. I want both of them to succeed.

Allen said Penix was 'dinged up' and they would no more tomorrow. That doesn't sound like a broken collar bone but who knows. IU is pretty secretive with injuries but with other serious injuries like that Allen has at least said he thinks it is something serious. 

Hopefully thats a good sign but we will see.

If he is 'dinged up' though it adds credibility to what i have heard potentially that he has a hard time with pain. A lot of players play when 'dinged up' depending on what it is. Ramsey did last week after taking that shot. 

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

Allen said Penix was 'dinged up' and they would no more tomorrow. That doesn't sound like a broken collar bone but who knows. IU is pretty secretive with injuries but with other serious injuries like that Allen has at least said he thinks it is something serious. 

The good news is with all the problems that Penix has had Ramsey is engaged and ready to play.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Impressive game. Fun to watch this version of IUFB. My expectations are in check for PSU. Will watch and root nonetheless.

Nervous about our QB injuries.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Regardless of how the PSU game goes, I think we should enjoy the progress that this team has made this year. We are who we are in football, but I think even the most pessimistic fans can recognize that this team is different.

38 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Goalposts seemed to have moved?  A couple weeks ago weren’t allowed to take into account the situations each faced. 

Let’s see Penix did benefit from two short fields due to takes aways and 4 PIs in the end zone resetting downs for him. 

Penix did benefit from the short field a couple of times.  I guess I don’t get a couple of things:

1.  People arguing that our ceiling isn’t higher with Penix and

2.  People acting like there has been a huge difference in the actual results.

Peyton Ramsey has done a hell of a job when he’s been in.  In fact, he’s probably been more valuable because of the circumstances of when he’s had to play.

and the reality is that this team is a bowl team regardless of which one plays.

I like Ramsey as much as anyone, but the ball comes out quicker and gets to the receivers sooner with MP. I would much rather have MP in the game, but really like having Ramsey there to back him up.

This is the clear and simple logic that some are just incapable of understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Penix did benefit from the short field a couple of times.  I guess I don’t get a couple of things:
Peyton Ramsey has done a hell of a job when he’s been in.  In fact, he’s probably been more valuable because of the circumstances of when he’s had to play.

The thing is, I don’t see people arguing results. Indiana is bowling regardless of the seriously disastrous constant injuries. It’s also a fact that Penix is the better QB. And certainly no one is upset Ramsey is our QB2. He’s been very steady. A good defense in NW certainly challenged him and he was as effective as he was against Nebraska and such, but still good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, Aaron said:

If he is 'dinged up' though it adds credibility to what i have heard potentially that he has a hard time with pain. A lot of players play when 'dinged up' depending on what it is. Ramsey did last week after taking that shot. 

I was the one posting about possibly a broken collar bone.  I wouldn’t say that I was familiar with the guy who said it at the game only that he claimed to know somebody ‘in the athletic department’ who he heard that from.  Take it for what it’s worth.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

That’s my thing there is not some huge disparity the two. Penix has more potential for sure but at the moment they are about equal. And frankly Penix has slim to no experience in close games. Experience matters. Just as much as raw ability. 

28 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I thought you had a huge inside source... But all you have is what Allen said?  Thought you would have a better scoop. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

That’s my thing there is not some huge disparity the two. Penix has more potential for sure but at the moment they are about equal. And frankly Penix has slim to no experience in close games. Experience matters. Just as much as raw ability. 

Think of it like this IMO:  Penix adds a few percentage points in our chance to win.  But just a few.

and if people think the key to beating penn State is having Penix......last year when penn State beat us 33-28, Ramsey and Penix both played and Ramsey outplayed him.

Really impressed that the Hoosiers won that. It was a “worthless” game that we should win but typically blew in the past.

We straight up dominated. That was a 14th ranked S&P+ defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I'm not mad at him at all. Its not his fault his body betrays him but its breaking down way to easily and he won't be playing football for long if this is the case. I have seen so many promising careers ruined by injury and Penix appears to be one of them which is not his doing. Just sad.

IU is going to need a more durable QB pretty soon with Penix's inability to stay healthy. 

They have one.  Name is Peyton Ramsey.