Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/02 7:00PM ET Indiana vs Northwestern FS1

46 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

The difference in the two is not on paper.   

Agreed. The zip on Penix’s throw makes the defense have to play that much quicker and allows the receivers to catch the ball in stride and make get more YAC. It also stretches the field more for our running game and underneath routes.  His grasp on the offense is very promising for a RS Freshman.

Agreed. The zip on Penix’s throw makes the defense have to play that much quicker and allows the receivers to catch the ball in stride and make get more YAC. It also stretches the field more for our running game and underneath routes.  His grasp on the offense is very promising for a RS Freshman.

Just hope the guy can figure out how to stay in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A bit off-topic, but does anyone have a feel for which recruits visited for the game? 

Below are a few names from the 2021/22 classes that I have seen pop up on Twitter, not seeing a lot on 2020 targets (?):

TE Aaron Steinfeldt - Bloomington North

LS Jaxon Miller - Triton Central

WR/LB Bailey Russ - Walsh Jesuit (Ohio)

OT Jaelin Alstott-VanDeVanter - Mooresville

WR Jared Kistler - Homestead

QB Brady Allen - Gibson Southern

QB Jeff Becker - Carroll

DT Jaydon Wannstedt - Luthern  St. Charles (Missouri)

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Funchess of the Colts broke his the first game against the Chargers.  I saw him run to the sideline after making a catch...

Funchess landed really hard on his shoulder though. That's a hit that can break a bone and I though it might of when he fell in the end zone trying to make a catch. Penix did not take hit that should of broken a collarbone period. I would agree it may of happened without much fan fair like Funchess but the difference is the hits you're taking. 

I will say again no hit Penix took last night should of broken a collarbone. I broke my collarbone years ago so I know what it feels like and kind of how much contact it takes to do it. 

I am not a doctor but if any hit last night broke a bone then we really need to think about a new QB when Ramsey graduates. I am not mad at Penix and it is not his fault he is injury prone but if the hits he is taking are causing these injuries either he has a hard time dealing with pain as I said I heard earlier or he is just to fragile to play football. I have seen a lot of promising careers ruined by injury because a player is injury prone.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Things that don’t show up on paper usually show up more in your head than on the field.

In this case, Penix just offers a little more on the physical side.  His throws arrive faster so there's more options in the playbook and opportunity for YAC even on stick routes, etc.  Doesn't have to be cross or swing routes in his case.  Better downfield arm.  Better ability to escape.  Penix is a little quicker and a little faster.  Penix is stronger and tougher to bring down.

Apart from that, Ramsey is just fine and a perfect backup QB.  I think Ramsey is a very solid kid, obviously a good leader (as I believe Penix is); and someone who has terrific value.   I just think, compared w Penix, he's limited.

IU #25 in ESPNs power rankings

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27991439/college-football-power-rankings-week-10

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have us staying at #24 from last week. Not a ton of teams moving out from last week.

13 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

So much for the "we cant win in the B1G east" argument. Ohio St and Penn St are in the top five and we have 7 wins with a legit shot at 8 wins. Compete in the 50/50 and crossover games and winning seasons are doable.

Eh on any given season OSU, Michigan or PSU are likely to have at least 1 go 11-1 if not 12-0. 

We would have to win at least 2 of those games to have a shot 

19 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Eh on any given season OSU, Michigan or PSU are likely to have at least 1 go 11-1 if not 12-0. 

We would have to win at least 2 of those games to have a shot 

Not saying we will win the division. Saying we can win 7-8 games per year vs 6-6 that so many were pleased with.

Not saying we will win the division. Saying we can win 7-8 games per year vs 6-6 that so many were pleased with.

It’s possible but not likely most years. That’s us winning all noncon games (3), beating Rutger and Maryland (5), and then winning 2 of 3 in the crossover games.

If we want to be in that MSU, Iowa, Northwestern middle tier conference teams we’ll need to win 50-50 or more against those type of teams. We took care of business against two solid programs having bad years in Nebraska and Northwestern. Next season we’ll have to hope to go 2-1 in the crossover games to get back to at least 7 wins.