Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/02 7:00PM ET Indiana vs Northwestern FS1

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I don't think we should let the QB questions divide us. They are both capable. I prefer Penix, but have no problem with people who prefer Ramsey. Whoever gets us the W is fine with me. I've been following since the '50s, so I'm loving where we are right now.

Same here.  I just don’t get the knee jerk reactions posted here after three snaps from Ramsey.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

They have one.  Name is Peyton Ramsey.

And he graduates after next year. After that you need another good back up moving forward for Penix's last couple yrs once he graduates and thats something you have to think about in this recruiting class if Tuttle isn't the answer and he sure doesn't look like it to me.

18 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I thought you had a huge inside source... But all you have is what Allen said?  Thought you would have a better scoop. 

I can get stuff at times but not sitting at home watching a game like I was tonight:). I heard about the 'pain threshold thing' from someone close to the program a while back and I will continue to hear stuff from time to time moving forward but certainly it doesn't come immediately after a game. 

28 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s my thing there is not some huge disparity the two. Penix has more potential for sure but at the moment they are about equal. And frankly Penix has slim to no experience in close games. Experience matters. Just as much as raw ability. 

So the opinion of us older,  more "experienced " posters matters more than the younger , less experienced posters?

27 minutes ago, Aaron said:

And he graduates after next year. After that you need another good back up moving forward for Penix's last couple yrs once he graduates and thats something you have to think about in this recruiting class if Tuttle isn't the answer and he sure doesn't look like it to me.

Tuttle can play but he may be a bit of a head case in that he expected to come here and start seemingly not unlike what teams dealt with in Gunner Kiel (who any team in the country would gladly have as a backup at the time). Fans need to give him a chance. Penix is a special talent, Ramsey is a coaching staff favorite. He’s lost in the mix right now but don’t think he’s not licking his chops if Ramsey leaves after this year given how injury prone Penix has been. 

All Im saying is give the kid a chance

30 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Yeah....I’m not writing Tuttle’s 2022 season  off because of ten passes and twenty handoffs in garbage time this year,

4 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I'm not here to defend or criticize anyone, but if you watched the game tonight and came away with "they're about equal," you've got a bias toward Ramsey that's really clouding your judgement.

Or you don’t make snap judgments based on one game.

If Penix was so far ahead of him, his numbers for the year would show it.  They don’t.

Someone on Hoosier Sports Nation said they heard a rumor Penix might have a broken collarbone, anyone heard anything similar? I’m really hoping not and haven’t seen that anywhere but I’m worried.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Someone on Hoosier Sports Nation said they heard a rumor Penix might have a broken collarbone, anyone heard anything similar? I’m really hoping not and haven’t seen that anywhere but I’m worried.

They probably got it from here. Someone here said it during the game.  :) 

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Or you don’t make snap judgments based on one game.

If Penix was so far ahead of him, his numbers for the year would show it.  They don’t.

Ding ding ding 

Exactly. Theirs numbers are about even and Penix has overall played easier competition. 

Its the same argument week after week. Nothing changes with the opponent. Its besn said by mant that if you have 2 QBs, then you do not have 1. Its bedn proven by our Hoisiers that fir this season we have and need 2. I am happy we have them both available!

Ding ding ding 

Exactly. Theirs numbers are about even and Penix has overall played easier competition. 

When both are healthy, why does the coaching staff prefer Penix over Ramsey??? They see these guys play and practice every day so you must think our coaching staff is absolutely incompetent and should probably go talk to Glass for the job. Allen has said it time and time again that Penix is a special talent and this is his team when healthy...I just don’t see why you don’t see it like the rest of us and the coaching staff do. Just go back and rewatch that game and watch the releases on both QBs throws and how quick the ball is in the receivers hands once Penix throws compared to Ramsey. Ramsey’s arm strength isn’t even close. Our receivers weren’t having to wait/come back to the ball like they do with Ramsey. I love Ramsey and the toughness he brings and the fact that he can manage the offense when Penix goes out, but to keep saying that he’s better is a little ridiculous. This will be the last post from me about the QB situation because it’s so old and tired and not worth trying to make someone comprehend what the rest of us (and the coaches) do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The "if you have two quarterbacks then you have none" quote refers to when you rotate the two quarterbacks in throughout the game. Doing that makes it hard for them to get into a rhythm, hence why people say that. It doesn't apply to our situation because we have a starter and we have a backup, and they don't rotate in and out when both are healthy.

How could Penix break his collarbone, when his last play was a hand off to Stevie Scott? If he broke his collarbone, he would have been carted off or at least helped off. That kind of thing puts a guy down on the field on pain alone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have broken both collar bones and i think it would be hard to run another play after breaking one but you don’t need to be carted off the field. Adrenaline could have kept you going. I broke my first one playing hide and seek but still got home safe lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

How could Penix break his collarbone, when his last play was a hand off to Stevie Scott? If he broke his collarbone, he would have been carted off or at least helped off. That kind of thing puts a guy down on the field on pain alone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Funchess of the Colts broke his the first game against the Chargers.  I saw him run to the sideline after making a catch...

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The "if you have two quarterbacks then you have none" quote refers to when you rotate the two quarterbacks in throughout the game. Doing that makes it hard for them to get into a rhythm, hence why people say that. It doesn't apply to our situation because we have a starter and we have a backup, and they don't rotate in and out when both are healthy.

Spurrier tried it at Florida, it was disaster rotating them.