Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/02 7:00PM ET Indiana vs Northwestern FS1

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

You almost sound mad at him for breaking his collarbone. Is it his fault? Did he forget to take his anti-broken collarbone pill? It’s frustrating but I feel bad for the kid.

I'm not mad at him at all. Its not his fault his body betrays him but its breaking down way to easily and he won't be playing football for long if this is the case. I have seen so many promising careers ruined by injury and Penix appears to be one of them which is not his doing. Just sad.

IU is going to need a more durable QB pretty soon with Penix's inability to stay healthy. 

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

You almost sound mad at him for breaking his collarbone. Is it his fault? Did he forget to take his anti-broken collarbone pill? It’s frustrating but I feel bad for the kid.

No one said it's his fault.  It's not his fault he's injury prone, but that doesn't change that he is.  If he's this fragile and IU doesn't think Tuttle is the answer then they'll need another QB soon.  Availability matters, arms strength doesn't matter when you can't stay on the field.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He threw for 350 yards on the road last week and people started jumping on him tonight after three plays. It just makes it clear what the agenda is. 

You realize gradman is just a miserable dude who isn't really worth conversing with. If it isn't something negative he won't post it

He’s had two series. One of which was after they had had time to make adjustments. 

Penix has a stalled drive his first series. And was gifted with a short field his second. 

Penix was given 5 drives and scored on 4 of them...it’s not his fault he had short fields, what matters is that he converted them into TDs . Ramsey has had 3 drives and punted on each and has barely made it to midfield. People are just stating why Penix is the #1 option WHEN HE IS HEALTHY especially against good defenses. There’s really no debate. I stand behind Ramsey because he is our man right now but if Penix is healthy, he’s our man and there’s no doubt about it. I would like to think our coach who makes millions to operate a football team knows more than us fans do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

No one said it's his fault.  It's not his fault he's injury prone, but that doesn't change that he is.  If he's this fragile and IU doesn't think Tuttle is the answer then they'll need another QB soon.  Availability matters, arms strength doesn't matter when you can't stay on the field.

well said.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He threw for 350 yards on the road last week and people started jumping on him tonight after three plays. It just makes it clear what the agenda is. 

I have no agenda, but to my eyes MP is clearly better under center and I like Ramsey a lot.

Just now, cthomas said:

I have no agenda, but to my eyes MP is clearly better under center and I like Ramsey a lot.

Penix is definitely better. I'm just saying that some of the reactions were a bit extreme after 3 plays to end the half. 

23 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

I just got a snap chat from my son.  He told me that there are almost ZERO students in the stands for the 2nd half.  

Yep, there was a camera shot of the stands and it was looking awfully sparse with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Ramsey with good playing can do what he just did there. DeBoer has changed everything. DeBoer has certainly maximized Ramsey and you see what a difference he makes but he has limitations. Whether its him or Penix we probably have a chance at 8-4 by beating PU plus the bowl game but long term if Penix is made of glass and he certainly appears to be need to go out and recruit another stud QB. Preferably one who can stay healthy.

Just now, KingPG21 said:

I want to listen to Fitzgerald's postgame news conference. Wonder if a coach who is probably gonna lose by 30+ will whine about the refs. 

From what I have seen of the 2nd half, the answer will be yes....

15 minutes ago, Aaron said:

And where did this 'rumor' come from. No hit he took in that half should of broken anything. That is from someone I am watching with who is a doctor. 

It may not be Penix's fault but he is in the wrong game if his body gets hurt this easily and IU better recruit another QB fast once Ramsey graduates if Tuttle isn't the answer.

And who is your "major source" that he can't play thru pain?  

Just now, KingPG21 said:

I want to listen to Fitzgerald's postgame news conference. Wonder if a coach who is probably gonna lose by 30+ will whine about the refs. 

Izzo last season wouldn't give us one ounce of credit after we beat them twice. ... That still pisses me off!