Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Gannon Game Thread

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Way too much stock getting put into exhibition. 

Agreed somewhat.  That was the first I've seen of Franklin.  Maybe he collapses too as the season progresses.  He far outplayed Phinisee last night though.

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Phinisees first action in like a month. You have to put things in context 

Did you watch the game?  I don't care that he hasn't played in a month, he was making bad decisions.  That mid court pass to Race was dumber than dumb.  A month out of action doesn't explain that.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Did you watch the game?  I don't care that he hasn't played in a month, he was making bad decisions.  That mid court pass to Race was dumber than dumb.  A month out of action doesn't explain that.

Except you have a body of work where he was rusty from a concussion and still had 2.8 assist to turnover ratio

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Except you have a body of work where he was rusty from a concussion and still had 2.8 assist to turnover ratio

Did you watch last night's game?

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Did you watch last night's game?

I did. Phinisee was NOT good last night. Not good at all.

However, he WAS very good last year during the last month of the season. Rest assured, going about a month without seeing the court matters. Could also be he just had a bad night. He's had so many good ones in his short time at IU. Absolutely no worries with Rob Phinisee as the primary guy at the point for the next three years.

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I did. I choose to make my beliefs based on how he played in numerous games and not one game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Me too.  He was good pre concussion last year, and ok after.  Look, I'm not saying he's terrible, just that I'm not as high on him as this board is

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Me too.  He was good pre concussion last year, and ok after.  Look, I'm not saying he's terrible, just that I'm not as high on him as this board is

Based on a make believe slump that didn’t happen. Other than his shooting his play was stellar in March 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I did. Phinisee was NOT good last night. Not good at all.

However, he WAS very good last year during the last month of the season. Rest assured, going about a month without seeing the court matters. Could also be he just had a bad night. He's had so many good ones in his short time at IU. Absolutely no worries with Rob Phinisee as the primary guy at the point for the next three years.

Agree somewhat.  I do see potential, but I have concerns too.  He's very up and down.  By his senior year I'm sure he'll be solid.  In the meantime, I'm glad we have options.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Lol all you want still living in fantasy land 

Lol, you have me rolling.  Is your world the only true one?

You don't remember a slump?  Lol. Also, you're talking up a game you didn't watch?  Oh boy.  I'm done here.

Agreed somewhat.  That was the first I've seen of Franklin.  Maybe he collapses too as the season progresses.  He far outplayed Phinisee last night though.

You do realize, that barring injuries, Franklin is not a PG. most likely the 4th in line at the PG position if everyone is healthy enough to play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

31 minutes ago, Josh said:

So you're going to ignore a month of good play in March last year, but base your current opinion of him on one bad decision after not playing for a month?   Got it.   

My God there are so many people here who expect perfection on every possession and jump on players, coaches, and administrators when not every single thing goes perfectly.    It's exhausting.

In IU's last 5 games a year ago, he had 18 assists, 9 turnovers, and 26 rebounds.   By the way.

Maybe don't post much about him for a few weeks.