Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Gannon Game Thread

Is this a game that will be replayed on BTN at some point? I searched specifically for Indiana on BTN.com and nothing came up but I assume it could still just be listed as "Student U". Anybody know if and when a replay will show?

I doubt it for the exhibition but next weeks regular season games should have a replay.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Looking at that stat sheet someone posted, 70% from the line us better, not good but better.  Gotta clean up 16 TOs though, fortunately just an exhibition.

Average last year across CBB was 70.7% and this is a drastic improvement over last year. (agree that let's hope it gets even better, but baby steps...)

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Average last year across CBB was 70.7% and this is a drastic improvement over last year. (agree that let's hope it gets even better, but baby steps...)

Justin Smith, who will likely play a lot of minutes, was 8-9 from the line. That's a net win.

Justin Smith, who will likely play a lot of minutes, was 8-9 from the line. That's a net win.

The one thing I enjoyed most about Justin was his post game news conference. He didn’t look defeated. Last year it was all to much for him and he couldn’t get out of his own way. I don’t expect him to be an 80%+ free throw shooter, but that stroke looked night and day better from the line. He wasn’t getting 15+ feet of arc. He wasn’t aiming the ball. He looked comfortable. That to me is a big thing.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

The one thing I enjoyed most about Justin was his post game news conference. He didn’t look defeated.

Meh; it's easy to be a ray of sunshine when one is 5-5 from the floor and 8/9 from the line.

Let's see the body language when he has a stink bomb of a game.

Meh; it's easy to be a ray of sunshine when one is 5-5 from the floor and 8/9 from the line.
Let's see the body language when he has a stink bomb of a game.

I don’t disagree at all. But there were games last year where he played very well and his postgame news conferences were more relief than elation. It’s a small thing, but he certainly looked to be enjoying himself. In all the games I went to last year he did not look like that. Pregame, during the game, or even postgame until they left the court. Will it stay that way? I don’t know, but it is was nice to see him enjoying himself for the first time in a couple of years.

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

For anybody wanting to make some CTC comparisons 

Georgia has had more turnovers in both their exhibitions.  18 and 26.  And had more points allowed from Turnovers  

Their combined Margin of Victory was less than our one game 

Shot worse from the line in both games 

To be fair last year was Creans first at Georgia. One thing I’ve learned on this and other boards is that it is very, very unreasonable to expect a coach to win for 4-5 years. Don’t forget...Coach K started out 2-98 !!

The one thing I enjoyed most about Justin was his post game news conference. He didn’t look defeated. Last year it was all to much for him and he couldn’t get out of his own way. I don’t expect him to be an 80%+ free throw shooter, but that stroke looked night and day better from the line. He wasn’t getting 15+ feet of arc. He wasn’t aiming the ball. He looked comfortable. That to me is a big thing.

No hitch in his shot. He definitely put in a lot of work this summer.

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

Was great to hear that Rob played last night. Was getting a bit worried that he would be out another month and then knocking off rust in Dec/Jan.

The sky was falling the other day with some questioning IU's medical staff and wondering why Archie "practiced them so hard."  This board frequently becomes comedic relief.

Brutal first half, excellent second half.  Thank goodness for that second half lol.

TJD was fun to watch, he seemed to find the ball wherever it was.  Armaan...man he was a lot better than I expected.  He'll be a contributor as a true freshman.  And of course I always enjoy watching DeRon on the block.  And good game Justin!  We have some good pieces.

Huntersl's shot was awful.  I'm not sure he could have hit the side of a barn from the inside of the barn.  Just ugly.  Hopefully that gets better.

Phinisee.  Man this will rustle some feathers on here.  I know he started strong last season then he had a nasty concussion.  After that he fell way off.  I know some posters have said he was dealing with concussion symptoms for months, but if he had concussion symptoms he would not have been cleared to see the floor.  I'm sorry, but that's an excuse.  Then last night he had more baffling plays.  Remember the fast break with Race where he passed the ball to him at mid court?  Terrible decision that led to a turnover.  I'm sorry, but I don't think Phinisee is as great as the rest of you.  To be honest, I hope Al and Armaan see more time than he does. 

Regardless, it was good to see IU basketball again.  

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Brutal first half, excellent second half.  Thank goodness for that second half lol.

TJD was fun to watch, he seemed to find the ball wherever it was.  Armaan...man he was a lot better than I expected.  He'll be a contributor as a true freshman.  And of course I always enjoy watching DeRon on the block.  And good game Justin!  We have some good pieces.

Huntersl's shot was awful.  I'm not sure he could have hit the side of a barn from the inside of the barn.  Just ugly.  Hopefully that gets better.

Phinisee.  Man this will rustle some feathers on here.  I know he started strong last season then he had a nasty concussion.  After that he fell way off.  I know some posters have said he was dealing with concussion symptoms for months, but if he had concussion symptoms he would not have been cleared to see the floor.  I'm sorry, but that's an excuse.  Then last night he had more baffling plays.  Remember the fast break with Race where he passed the ball to him at mid court?  Terrible decision that led to a turnover.  I'm sorry, but I don't think Phinisee is as great as the rest of you.  To be honest, I hope Al and Armaan see more time than he does. 

Regardless, it was good to see IU basketball again.  

Lol at these hot takes on Phinisee your conclusion seems to ignore the fact he played pretty well for the month of March. 

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol at these hot takes on Phinisee your conclusion seems to ignore the fact he played pretty well for the month of March. 

He played ok.  I prefer Al or Armaan.  But you can certainly lol if you want.