Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 10/26 3:30PM ET Indiana at Nebraska BTN

I think we should sit Penix next week against northwestern. They suck and should be an easy win, especially at home. With the bye week after that, he'll have three weeks to rest up before Penn State. We'll need him to have a chance in that one.

Agreed. As long as Ramsey can win these 50/50 games, save Penix for the games against the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think we should sit Penix next week against northwestern. They suck and should be an easy win, especially at home. With the bye week after that, he'll have three weeks to rest up before Penn State. We'll need him to have a chance in that one.

If the rumors about concussion protocol are true, there's no reason to rest him if he's ready to play.

Lol silly time to respond to this. Longer drivers equal rest and I already posted those. 

Jeez you Ramsey haters are pathetic. 

Not hating on Ramsey, just questioning your statements. No **** longer drives equal more rest.

I just saw your response and insult, so decided to respond. Have a good day.

6 minutes ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

If the rumors about concussion protocol are true, there's no reason to rest him if he's ready to play.

If it's a concussion we don't have to worry about a reinjury, but he's been knocked out of 2 of the 5 games he's played this year and 3 of his last 6 dating back to last year. I think we could have a legitimate shot against Penn State/ Michigan if he is healthy. Particularly Michigan because I don't think they're very good. 

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Not hating on Ramsey, just questioning your statements. No **** longer drives equal more rest.

I just saw your response and insult, so decided to respond. Have a good day.

If longer drives equal more rest 

and Ramsey has longer drives(he does)

Then therefore Ramsey provides more rest. 

If longer drives equal more rest 
and Ramsey has longer drives(he does)
Then therefore Ramsey provides more rest. 

That defense needs more than rest lol. Great win for the program

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I said a couple of weeks ago that I had three thoughts:

1.  I didn't think Allen was a good coach for the job.

2.  I could most certainly be wrong in my opinion and

3.  Because of #2 (and really that is true for pretty much everyone's opinion) that thirty games wasn't long enough to give a true assessment.

I'm 100% behind being wrong about #1.  I'd rather win and be wrong than right and lose.  Pass the salt, I'm always happy to eat crow if it means good things for IU.

14 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

That defense needs more than rest lol. Great win for the program

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

What's incredible is how they have put up almost completely identical stats to this point despite the differences in how they achieved them.  Penix has 145 passes for 1,232 yards with 10 touchdowns and 4 interceptions and 115 yards rushing;  Ramsey has 147 passes for 1,194 yards with 8 touchdowns and 3 interceptions and 121 yards rushing.

Ultimately, Penix has a higher ceiling but Ramsey is a quality Big Ten starting quarterback.

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If it's a concussion we don't have to worry about a reinjury, but he's been knocked out of 2 of the 5 games he's played this year and 3 of his last 6 dating back to last year. I think we could have a legitimate shot against Penn State/ Michigan if he is healthy. Particularly Michigan because I don't think they're very good. 

Right now there isn't that much difference between Penix and Ramsey, so if Penix is 90% there isn't a reason to go with him over a 100% Ramsey.

We good to talk about how bad the refs were i the game? The first personal foul against us was a lot on the refs for not actually blowing the play dead. They never reeled in the Nebraska defense when it came to the late hits on Ramsey. The clear cut targeting against Ramsey in the first half. They're ability to spot the ball for both teams was suspect. There was an instance in the third where the Nebraska kid went a god yard+ past the line of scrimmage and threw the ball yet they never seemed to realize what was going on. 

If Penix is good to go you play him. Ramsey is a solid backup and played the best game of his career today. Penix though takes this team to another level and if he's ready to play then you play him. Can't just sit your starting QB because he might get hurt. Furthermore, being that Ramsey is such a capable backup is every more reason to start Penix and live with the consequences.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

We good to talk about how bad the refs were i the game? The first personal foul against us was a lot on the refs for not actually blowing the play dead. They never reeled in the Nebraska defense when it came to the late hits on Ramsey. The clear cut targeting against Ramsey in the first half. They're ability to spot the ball for both teams was suspect. There was an instance in the third where the Nebraska kid went a god yard+ past the line of scrimmage and threw the ball yet they never seemed to realize what was going on. 

It’s not just this game. This happens rather often and it’s BS. The Big Ten sucks!!!

7 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Add on the blatant holds/tackles their O-line had on roughly every drive.