Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

#IUMS vs. Rutgers 7pm Friday

Another bad team and a great chance to start another Big Ten streak. We lost our cushion but still control our destiny for Big Ten Title and we have three of the worst teams in conference to close the season with two at home. With all that said Rutgers is bad (they are bad at every sport except Women's Soccer and Women's Basketball) but they are not as bad as Evansville so we need to play a good game to win and simply showing up will not be enough.

Rutgers is not a very good team defensively so hopefully we can take advantage of that. They are decent on offense and have two guys with 11 goals combined. With that said they beat up on a bunch of really bad teams in the pre-conference and have fallen on their face in Big Ten play. 

Given they are an offensive minded team I am curious to see if they park the bus or go all out to beat us. They tried to park the bus last year and it almost worked (in part due to their goalie having a career night and us missing a couple times from point blank range) but we won on a late goal. Two years ago at home we shellacked them 5-0.

Either way this is a game we need and must play our best to get it against a mediocre at best team at home. I would think it would be somewhere between the 1-0 win last year and 5-0 two years ago.

I predict a 3-1 win given Rutger's bad D and our D seemingly giving up a goal (although rarely more) to almost everyone this year. If we score early and get Rutger's to play more offensive I like that 3-1 score a lot. If we fail to convert it could be a long close battle and a late goal winning it for us like last year or even a tie (I don't see us losing but you never know).       

We broke through in the second half and the Big Ten Title is in our grasp. We can clinch it Tuesday with a win over Ohio St and Penn St losing or tying Maryland both of which are possible given Maryland is very good and OSU is not. A tie or loss or PSU win would push the conference title to Sunday but we are still in terrific shape. 

Rutgers is clearly better this year as they have an attack that is OK, but not good enough to beat most Big Ten teams right now.  Also their defense and midfield need a lot of work. Last year they had absolutely nothing which is why they lost to everyone as opposed to beating inferior teams this year with their attack.

Again took care of business and lets finish the job hopefully Tuesday with some help or on our own Sunday.