Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

sweetpain

Secret Scrimmage Information

12 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Lotta missed free throws to clean up. I was hoping Race would be a solid contributor but doesn’t appear he played well in this contest. Lots to build upon but love what Brunk and TJD bring to the table

Definitely liked 11pts in 17min for TJD.

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

No declaration about job status from me, BUT there is no reason for IU to be so terrible at FT shooting over time. If 7th Graders at every little burg across Indiana can do it, so can D1 scholarship athletes. It is maddening, completely unnecessary and as someone said above, WILL lose basketball games. 

Agreed!

32 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I hope he does that again next week in the exhibition game. I hope Green and Phinisee play but I want the Anderson and Franklin to continue getting consistent minutes for significant stretches.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, both Rob and Green need some mins during a live game situation. Loved that Armaan got some time at PG. We may need some of that.

Lotta missed free throws to clean up. I was hoping Race would be a solid contributor but doesn’t appear he played well in this contest. Lots to build upon but love what Brunk and TJD bring to the table

Race missed 5 shots. He did have 7 rebounds and I guess played well defensively. If he can rebound and defend then that’s a positive. Offense will probably come and go depending on consistency of playing time.

20 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Race missed 5 shots. He did have 7 rebounds and I guess played well defensively. If he can rebound and defend then that’s a positive. Offense will probably come and go depending on consistency of playing time.

Race Thompson had a VERY good day, even with the missed shots.

We need more players with a football middle linebacker mentality. Today, Race and Armaan were those guys.

More from Sam Story

After some texts...
A little more insight:
- Franklin played the last 9 minutes by himself. What a great boost of confidence!
- DG & RP are “fine”. Just precautionary and it was a scrimmage.
- Heard Race really battled.
- Franklin took the Howard assignment and did GREAT

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Really happy with the turnovers for a scrimmage. Also I think we won’t see many teams with that many 2nd chance points when the normal lineups are out there. Love hearing about Franklin.

Pretty good discussion of Purdue’s team scrimmage at GBI (if you can get beyond Nojel Eastern’s mom’s stupidity)

I only wish she is on the board and her son playing for a team that does horrible. That would be must see.

The injuries were a strain/sprain and a bruise for Green and Rob...just got those updates this morning. Also Al has been “dealing with” something for a bit so sounds like he has some sort of nagging minor injury. Really hoping we get to see Rob and Green next week to get some sort of gauge on this team. I know SS said the FT shooting isn’t a concerned since our 2 best FT shooters didn’t play, I highly disagree. Shooting in an open gym and shooting sub 60% is a cause of concern even if you’re Shaq. We lost 5 one possession games last year and it all comes back to free throw shooting. That HAS to change this year especially when you’re a team that doesn’t shoot the 3 at a high clip. Definitely seems to be some encouragement from this scrimmage given our situation with our guards but I still don’t know what kind of expectations to have with this team and what our ceiling may look like.