Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 10/19 3:30PM ET Indiana at Maryland BTN

Peyton Ramsey led us to the promised land. 

Combined win there. Game ball to Stevie Scott.

I can’t believe Penix is hurt again. Agree with your earlier comment - Penix is better but Ramsey is a solid backup.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Hopefully Penix's latest mystery injury heals quick and then he's placed in bubble wrap.

Trust me this is the last thing you want. IU is overly protective with head injuries and any concussion will be at least 3-4 weeks. You are much better off with an arm or shoulder injury if its not serious and he misses maybe a week or two or nothing at all. 

With Penix we easily get a sixth win. With Ramsey its a tossup at best if we win any of the remaining games. Hopefully Ramsey can beat maybe NW if Penix is out in a defensive struggle since NW is horrible offensively. If not hopefully Penix is back after bye (if he misses time) and can lead us to a win over Michigan and PU for either gravy or bowl eligibility.

We will not face another team this bad again this year but we have five chances for bowl eligibility which is most since Kellen Lewis days.

We've figured out how to beat Maryland and Rutgers with two road wins against them each and a combined 8-4 record since they joined Big Ten. Its four out of five vs. Maryland and four in a row vs. Rutgers so eight of last nine against these two. Now need to beat someone else not named Illinois since they are not on our schedule and look better this year.

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Trust me this is the last thing you want. IU is overly protective with head injuries and any concussion will be at least 3-4 weeks. You are much better off with an arm or shoulder injury if its not serious and he misses maybe a week or two or nothing at all. 

With Penix we easily get a sixth win. With Ramsey its a tossup at best if we win any of the remaining games. Hopefully Ramsey can beat maybe NW if Penix is out in a defensive struggle since NW is horrible offensively. If not hopefully Penix is back after bye (if he misses time) and can lead us to a win over Michigan and PU for either gravy or bowl eligibility.

We will not face another team this bad again this year but we have five chances for bowl eligibility which is most since Kellen Lewis days.

I don’t know about no team as bad. Northwestern, Nebraska and Purdue. All are about the same level if not worse. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t know about no team as bad. Northwestern, Nebraska and Purdue. All are about the same level if not worse. 

I think if we learned anything today it should be that really bad teams can play better than expected (Illinois). This is a game IU normally gives away but found the guts to pull it out. The score doesn’t matter, just the W. Now onto the next, get better and strive for 1-0

IU is now 5-2 on the season. That’s five straight years on which IU has won five games. It’s just the second time in #iufb history that that has happened.

Ken Bikoff

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s such an unreal stat. Such a historical horrid program. Things seem to be on the up...

Tom Allen is on the Mt. Rushmore of IU football coaches. Let that one sink in.

Are Kevin Wilson and Tom Allen the most successful back to back coaches in IUFB history? Maybe Lee Corso and Bill Mallory have a claim there, but it’s not as clear as you’d think.

Are Kevin Wilson and Tom Allen the most successful back to back coaches in IUFB history? Maybe Lee Corso and Bill Mallory have a claim there, but it’s not as clear as you’d think.

Wait.

Wilson-Allen confirms best back to back coaches in IUFB history. There was a Sam Wyche between Corso and Mallory for a season.

Wish we knew more about Penix's injury. With the way IU protects injury statuses like they're nuclear codes we probably won't find out. He's really good, but it's concerning that he's gotten injured in 2 of his 5 starts this season after tearing his ACL last season.