Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

#IUMS vs. Michigan 3pm Sunday

Another tough one but not as tough. Michigan is good but not on Kentucky's level. We have also done really well against Michigan because to their credit they often go all out and don't park the bus against us which is admirable and appreciated and generally leads to our talent winning out.

Michigan interestingly has their best scorer Jack Hallahan and Umar Farouk Osman back from last year but they have hardly scored this year and most of their goals are by a new grad transfer named Nebojsa Popovic and Derick Broche who was out injured last year so new guys to watch out for. 

Like PSU last Big Ten game, Michigan is now the hot team nipping at our heals so a win would put us in full control of Big Ten at halfway point.  

Not a great first half. Michigan had the better of the play early before IU came on late. Even match up so far with IU having some sloppy turnovers. Michigan is good talent wise but not great and this is a game we should be more on front foot then we are. 0-0 score.

Typical IU Michigan. Michigan goes all out against IU so eventually IU's talent will win out as happened today again and most previous games against Wolverines since they are good but not great. As I always say I give Michigan and Butler a lot of credit for always playing IU all out rather then parking the bus despite having a little less talent.

Not sure how Glass fit that goal in from the angle he had but he managed and as a result we are in full control of the Big Ten and keep our home and Big Ten unbeaten streaks alive. Also its no accident our D has improved with the goalie switch from Caulfield to Celentano and switching Munie in for Kleyn at right center back. Both were weak spots on the D as seniors and the young freshman are already a lot better and Celentano has made really nice saves Caulfield couldn't. 

I do think the Big Ten streak ends Friday at Maryland Friday since we are a young team heading into a hostile and full atmosphere and Maryland is the one team who can match IU in pure talent in the Big Ten and only the third team overall we have played this year that can say this along with UK and ND. With that said I do think we beat OSU and Rutgers at home and tie Michigan St. on the road to finish 6-1-1 which will be more than sufficient to win the conference and get a high seed in NCAA tourney with at least two and maybe three home games. 

The freshman are impressive (amazing how 4 yrs of top recruiting rather than pretty good recruiting has restored the Hoosiers to its rightful place finally after a decade of relative mediocrity by IU standards) and the team has now earned their top 5 ranking despite all the changes. 

Lets finish strong.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Typical IU Michigan. Michigan goes all out against IU so eventually IU's talent will win out as happened today again and most previous games against Wolverines since they are good but not great. As I always say I give Michigan and Butler a lot of credit for always playing IU all out rather then parking the bus despite having a little less talent.

Not sure how Glass fit that goal in from the angle he had but he managed and as a result we are in full control of the Big Ten and keep our home and Big Ten unbeaten streaks alive. Also its no accident our D has improved with the goalie switch from Caulfield to Celentano and switching Munie in for Kleyn at right center back. Both were weak spots on the D as seniors and the young freshman are already a lot better and Celentano has made really nice saves Caulfield couldn't. 

I do think the Big Ten streak ends Friday at Maryland Friday since we are a young team heading into a hostile and full atmosphere and Maryland is the one team who can match IU in pure talent in the Big Ten and only the third team overall we have played this year that can say this along with UK and ND. With that said I do think we beat OSU and Rutgers at home and tie Michigan St. on the road to finish 6-1-1 which will be more than sufficient to win the conference and get a high seed in NCAA tourney with at least two and maybe three home games. 

The freshman are impressive (amazing how 4 yrs of top recruiting rather than pretty good recruiting has restored the Hoosiers to its rightful place finally after a decade of relative mediocrity by IU standards) and the team has now earned their top 5 ranking despite all the changes. 

Lets finish strong.

Your probably right about the streak ending. But who knows Northwestern beat them at home so hopefully we can force a tie. Either way 4 years(calendar) without a conference loss is pretty incredible.