Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 10/12 12:00PM ET Indiana vs. Rutgers BTN

18 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

He has consistently been at the bottom of the power 5 conference in YPA.   A year ago he was last among starters.  His receivers also were top 5 in yards after catch, and I've said from the beginning he struggles to get the ball down field and he did again today.   What's your point?

On top of it, I wasn't even aiming that anywhere near your general direction, but hey.....why miss an opportunity,  right?  After all, it's an easy mark and you've had a bad day.   I get it.

He threw six passes in mop up duty today. Everyone has moved on from this except for you. I was wrong, you were right. Congratulations. 

When was the last time we beat anyone in the BT like this at this point of the season. I remember many games we should win during those mid year tests only to lose or squeak by.

A few more to go but today was good despite how bad Rutgers is

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

I am just happy to win. Especially after watching the offense go on vacation after getting the 21-0 lead in the first half. Glad the defense hung in.

For sure I got uneasy, but was happy with how they stood their ground when The offense hit their rut. I will say when they did gain positive yards, I noticed Womack was getting back to getting plays in late and calls in late, that’s literally the only times they had big gains throughout the game. He cleaned it up a bit, but against teams like PSU and Michigan it will kill us and possibly MD. However, I have watched some of the PU and MD recording.....Maryland’s changed their whole offense, in terms of tempo.....next weekend will be interesting. If our line can get 50% of the pressure we had today....their QBs will be in trouble....i would also just have a spy on pigrome (sp) all game. Just so we don’t get beat by QB scramble 

Didn’t get to watch much as I was traveling, but it’s great to be at the 4 win mark. Really need to win at Maryland (very doable) and another winnable game at home against NW set us up well for bowl eligibility.

Pretty exciting that we might be a 6 or 7 win team. However, won’t get too excited until it happens because we are talking about IU football lol.

So when he has better in these categories we have to use the eye test or we are just blind and can’t see. But when he does worse these stats are meaningful indicators. 
Well you consistently are inconsistent at least 

And you still haven’t admitted that Penix is the far better option. It’s time BC

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

And you still haven’t admitted that Penix is the far better option. It’s time BC

Not true. I have said Penix is probably the better QB. But not the best QB for what we need. Let’s not forget this was Rutgers talk to me when we actually win a game we weren’t supposed to

Not true. I have said Penix is probably the better QB. But not the best QB for what we need. Let’s not forget this was Rutgers talk to me when we actually win a game we weren’t supposed to

So Ramsey is what we need? or he is the better option even though he’s probably not the better quarterback?

I’m confused

35 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Are we really going back down this road??? Too funny.

I’m not going to. They chose to ignore the half dozen times I’ve said it before I’m not going waste my time again. But let’s pretend like this team has done anything beyond what they were supposed to do. 

Is anybody going to say we would have fewer wins with Ramsey at QB? 

Yes, you seemed to have missed his MSU performance. He’s definitely the better QB.

Regarding wins, I said a while back I would only expect that Penix could account for an additional win or two above Ramsey given our schedule, but an extra win or two is all that we need.

1 minute ago, Miller'sTheMan said:

Jeez,  are people still trying to discredit Penix? I'm legitimately shocked. He was one of 16 QB's given an elite grade by PFF in the country. People still doubting him are absolutely insane at this point, I don't think there are any two ways around it. I stopped coming here for a bit because it was almost absurd, and I come back thinking after MSU those opinions would rightly be gone, but apparently not.

Someone  even mentioned that Penix wasn't the right quarterback for what we need. SMH! Not even sure what that means. 

Jeez,  are people still trying to discredit Penix? I'm legitimately shocked. He was one of 16 QB's given an elite grade by PFF in the country. People still doubting him are absolutely insane at this point, I don't think there are any two ways around it. I stopped coming here for a bit because it was almost absurd, and I come back thinking after MSU those opinions would rightly be gone, but apparently not.

Brass Cannon = Peyton Ramsey’s dad. Only logical explanation.

3 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Brass Cannon = Peyton Ramsey’s dad. Only logical explanation.

Or and I don’t think this is much of a limb you are misrepresenting or misunderstanding what I have claimed. My guess is you aren’t able to understand because you see the world in black and white terms. 

Peyton Ramsey would have had us 4-2 at this point. If Penix is something special he has to prove it the second half of the season. 

Penix has played one legit team and the game ended with him fumbling for a TD. 

4 hours ago, jk34 said:

Someone  even mentioned that Penix wasn't the right quarterback for what we need. SMH! Not even sure what that means. 

It means high flying explosive quarterbacks who either go 3 and out or score a TD aren’t the way you upset Penn State and Ohio State. 

You can’t beat them at their game. They are better at it. You have to be different.