Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

#IUMS vs. Kentucky 7pm Wednesday

Get ready for this. The Women's team beat them and lets hope our men can do the same. 

UK will be the best team we have seen yet so this provides a huge opportunity. Like us they lost their best players and especially JJ Williams their star who is now in MLS. With that said they still have some really solid attackers in Khalil Almedkhar and Daniel Evans but its a more by committee approach with Williams gone. Their D is also really good.

Over the last two years even with how good we were UK played two of the best games against us of anyone in a 2-0 loss two years ago and a 3-0 win last year. It was clear from the moment these teams took the field each time they were on the same level (and very few teams that take the field against IU are) and I expect the same tomorrow with an elite back and forth game which I love from a 'fun to watch perspective" and hope we can pull it out.     

28 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Um, if the game is Wednesday night that’s not tonight right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Correct game is tomorrow night not tonight. Just thought I'd do an early preview and start the thread now since it is a big game.

Felt like Kentucky controlled the ball better than us. Overall, solid performances by both teams.

UK sports are on a come up. Football isn’t a laughingstock anymore. Soccer is solid. And basketball on the Mount Rushmore since Calipari has been in charge. I’m spewing, because I’m a little surprised they aren’t resting on their basketball laurels.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Was there but didn't have time to post.

Totally fair result and very even match that could easily be played in the Elite 8 again. Sometimes you will see teams come into IU and get a fortunate win or tie but this was not that and while it would of sucked if Kentucky won they would of earned that as well. Overall a decent result for this young team and the best team we will play at home this year unless we host an Elite 8 team like UK at home. Only other team left on this schedule that as talented as Kentucky is at Maryland where I feeling our Big Ten streak comes to an end.

Before the Terps though we have Michigan on Sunday who is good and will challenge us but we will be the better team and can hopefully pull that out. We have done really well against Michigan last few yrs since to their credit they play us all out and don't park the bus like many teams usually do so our talent oftentimes wins out in the end. I'll preview that more later on though.