Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Hoosier Hysteria

On Kirkwood near Nicks I believe.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Seems to me it is one thing to wear the warmups during HH but it is interesting to see that he kept them on even as they went out into the town.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Seems to me it is one thing to wear the warmups during HH but it is interesting to see that he kept them on even as they went out into the town.

Very different. Very well played by the kid. Bet he had one hell of a night due to that.

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

IMG_3949.jpg

I predict that if Devonte is consistently good- not great or even really good- just good, he'll get all the love he can handle. At least from me. I want stability over highlights and buzz every day of the week. 17-18 ppg with > 2 TO's/game like clockwork please!

24 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I predict that if Devonte is consistently good- not great or even really good- just good, he'll get all the love he can handle. At least from me. I want stability over highlights and buzz every day of the week. 17-18 ppg with > 2 TO's/game like clockwork please!

"17-18 ppg with less than 2 TOs like clockwork" is ... great, not good or really good.

Yogi Ferrell averaged 17-18 ppg two of his four years at IU, and was over 2.5 TOs per game both of those years.

Romeo was 16.5 ppg, 2.1 TOs last year, and he was pretty much the most stat heavy freshman SG in the nation.

Eric Gordon was 20.9 ppg, 3.6 TOs

Victor's last year at IU he was 13.6 ppg, 2.3 TOs

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

"17-18 ppg with less than 2 TOs like clockwork" is ... great, not good or really good.

Yogi Ferrell averaged 17-18 ppg two of his four years at IU, and was over 2.5 TOs per game both of those years.

Romeo was 16.5 ppg, 2.1 TOs last year, and he was pretty much the most stat heavy freshman SG in the nation.

Eric Gordon was 20.9 ppg, 3.6 TOs

Victor's last year at IU he was 13.6 ppg, 2.3 TOs

Are you gonna believe the facts or me?

Ok, ok, fine I want him to be great, alright? Is that so wrong!?! 

Watching last year's and this year's Hoosier Hysteria on YouTube back-to-back, last year's team looks way better. Romeo last year looked much better than any single player this year. Of course, three likely starters didn't play on Saturday. But still, even reserves like Jake Forrester looked better than this year's reserves (e.g., Armaan Franklin). I don't know that it means anything. Hopefully not. But watching the scrimmage this year versus this year, I can see why some fans were disappointed.

44 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Watching last year's and this year's Hoosier Hysteria on YouTube back-to-back, last year's team looks way better. Romeo last year looked much better than any single player this year. Of course, three likely starters didn't play on Saturday. But still, even reserves like Jake Forrester looked better than this year's reserves (e.g., Armaan Franklin). I don't know that it means anything. Hopefully not. But watching the scrimmage this year versus this year, I can see why some fans were disappointed.

Your comparing a guy that didn’t play to one that won’t play. 

Glad I didn't watch lol. Way to early to be disappointed. I prefer to wait till we get destroyed by crappy opponent lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Romeo versus TJD was all Romero (not counting the dunk contest)
That was going by one event. They are 2 totally different players. Romeo had skill but when it came to toughness mentally and physically he lacked just my opinion. Let's give them a chance. After Jeremy hollowell first Hoosier hysteria I was certain he would be a huge star but that didn't end up that way. Nothing is for certain this early that is forsure

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

TJD will be the best player on this team and Green will be coming off the bench by the end of the year. HOT TAKE.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If that happens things have either gone really really well or really really badly. 

8 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don’t think Green should be starting anyways. He is the perfect type of player to play off the bench 30 minutes a game.

Has there ever been a player that averaged 30 mpg off the bench? I don't even mean at IU, like ever in college basketball? There probably has been, but it's got to be extremely rare. If Green doesn't start it's because something went incredibly wrong for him this season. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Has there ever been a player that averaged 30 mpg off the bench? I don't even mean at IU, like ever in college basketball? There probably has been, but it's got to be extremely rare. If Green doesn't start it's because something went incredibly wrong for him this season. 

Green is going to start for sure. Well I guess he won’t start if Al makes a huge jump, Hunter is good to go and Smith makes a big jump and puts it all together. 

But most likely Green starts 

Green is going to start for sure. Well I guess he won’t start if Al makes a huge jump, Hunter is good to go and Smith makes a big jump and puts it all together. 
But most likely Green starts 

Yeah we need his shooting too bad for him not to. In a down shooting year he will still be in a better position offensively to help than Al probably will. But I have never seen a 30 mpg player not start.